latitude 2023

jj200

Re: Confidence Man - I saw their very first gig in the UK (Brighton, Great Escape Festival 2017) and several times since.

All the comments here are fair I think. Their live show is basically one idea that’s been refined, developed and made a bit slicker over the last 6 years. If you have never seen them, do, they are lots of fun and really put the energy in to every gig - but if you have seen them before don’t expect any radical changes - bringing out a couple of stools and acoustic guitars mid  set is not on the cards 😂

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rseamer said:

Re: Confidence Man - I saw their very first gig in the UK (Brighton, Great Escape Festival 2017) and several times since.

All the comments here are fair I think. Their live show is basically one idea that’s been refined, developed and made a bit slicker over the last 6 years. If you have never seen them, do, they are lots of fun and really put the energy in to every gig - but if you have seen them before don’t expect any radical changes - bringing out a couple of stools and acoustic guitars mid  set is not on the cards 😂

No jazz odyssey then? 😉

Still not packed... due to leave at about 7.30 tomorrow morning.  I'm curious to know how busy it is on site already & if there was much uptake to getting in early!  

If we aim for around a 10am arrival tomorrow morning, are we likely to need to queue for long to get parked?  Have a v. tetchy 4 year old with us so mentally preparing myself 🤣

Let's hope these rainy weather forecasts do one! 

I don't think there will be issues with traffic getting on site or queues today. Fully expect it to be fine but interested if anyone can confirm. I think it will get busier from lunchtime tomorrow increasing post school and later afternoon. 

Never had significant issues getting on site at latitude and we've arrived at various times on Thursday and Friday.

Edited by glimmers_of_hope

33 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I don't think there will be issues with traffic getting on site or queues today. Fully expect it to be fine but interested if anyone can confirm. I think it will get busier from lunchtime tomorrow increasing post school and later afternoon. 

Never had significant issues getting on site at latitude and we've arrived at various times on Thursday and Friday.

Thank you - that's reassuring!

6 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

2 days to go till the music kicks off! Who's everyone's most anticipated acts? Mine are Pulp, James, Siouxsie, The Last Dinner Party snd Confidence Man, also really excited for Bridget Christie and Fern Brady on the comedy too 

Good list, we'll be seeing all those bands except Confidence Man.  Saw Fern Brady recently and already booked to see Bridget Christie on tour, so won't bother this time but both are very good.

Young Fathers are fantastic live, incredibly intense and powerful - and even better now with added backing singers. Also looking forward to Dry Cleaning, Gretel Hanlyn, She's In Parties, Bar Italia, The Mysterines and Don Letts. Would like to know if 86TVs (ex-Maccabees) are any good as nowt on Spotify or Youtube. I expect Romesh, Pascoe, Gamble etc will be absolutely packed so probably not worth going as we won't be able to hear a word!

George Ezra and Paolo Nutini look like they'll be playing during the rain. Hopefully Siouxsie and Young Fathers will be a bit drier in the tent!