latitude 2023

jj200

3 hours ago, Mattcfc said:

Can anyone advise if its ok to bring a 10kg gas canister it’s all I currently have in the website it’s says max canisters over 2.7kg,

😒  

That’s from the “Banned items” section, so that implies it must be less than 2.7kg. This says gas canisters for gas stoves must be less than 250g.  https://www.latitudefestival.com/information-category/the-essentials/

Either way, you can’t take a 10kg one in. 

Clashfinder updated to show Climate Live Bus Stage. One small issue though, the app shows two acts (Lucy Deakin and Natalie Shay) playing at 5.15pm on Saturday. I'm assuming that one of these should be at 6.15pm. If anyone knows the correct times please let me know or update it yourself 

8 minutes ago, ibilly99 said:

Any views on the weather  - my take is a bit of rain and the ground will shake it off no problem and so no dust which was a real pain last year.

I think Friday & Saturday is looking a bit better than a few days ago so I'm hoping the rest of the weekend goes the same way as it gets closer! Just want to get the tent up in the dry really - anything else we can cope with!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Field of Avalon said:

Does anyone know if you can take food in to the arena ? A friend has a Saturday day ticket and wanted to know if he could bring his own food for himself and his family.

Yes, you're allowed to bring food  into the main arena 🙂 just make sure it's not excessive amounts, there's also plenty of vendors inside too - you can also bring sealed water bottles/reusable bottles in but I can't remember the size limit on them 

Edited by Chapple12345
  • Thanks 1

Crossing fingers tentatively, the weather forecast is starting to look considerably more pleasant. All that said, where I've always thought that anyone who prefers a muddy Glastonbury year to a dry one is mad, there's no way I would want what a lot of mainland Europe is currently contending with.

10 minutes ago, DTichborne said:

Crossing fingers tentatively, the weather forecast is starting to look considerably more pleasant. All that said, where I've always thought that anyone who prefers a muddy Glastonbury year to a dry one is mad, there's no way I would want what a lot of mainland Europe is currently contending with.

European festivals often don't get start until the evening though, which mitigates the heat. Not uncommon to have a headliner come on at 2am.

On 7/16/2023 at 4:36 PM, Chapple12345 said:

Looking at the hints for secret sets on the Amp Stage it seems they're going to be 

Friday - Ed Gamble, Dolores Forever 

Saturday - Lightning Seeds, Rachel Chinoriri (can't work out the last one)

Sunday - Picture This, James Acaster, Sophie Ellis Bextor and Mimi Webb

It's cool they're using it for music and comedy this time 

The emoji clue for one of Sunday's sets makes it sound like it could be an episode of the Off Menu podcast rather than just James Acaster, but I guess that's down to whether Ed Gamble is hanging about for the entire weekend...

Can anyone tell me what the list price was for a Saturday only ticket?  I’ve just bought a Twickets ticket, advertised as an adult ticket. But the ticket says
under 16s with an adult 18+
it also say general admission. 
the ticket price is £87.50 (plus £8.75 service charge) 

Thanks.

edit - please ignore this. I should have used google first!

Edited by anditmakesmesmile
My stupidity

Re Confidence Man - I saw them at Kite Festival over a year ago and was blown away by the show and then saw them for a second time at the Park in Glastonbury, and it was just the same show and felt less astonishing almost mechanical. Are they a very polished one-trick pony - almost K-Popian in their polish and performance but a bit hollow ?

36 minutes ago, ibilly99 said:

Re Confidence Man - I saw them at Kite Festival over a year ago and was blown away by the show and then saw them for a second time at the Park in Glastonbury, and it was just the same show and felt less astonishing almost mechanical. Are they a very polished one-trick pony - almost K-Popian in their polish and performance but a bit hollow ?

That's interesting, I saw them at the park at glasto and thought they were good fun. If it is always the same then maybe it wears a bit thin. No doubt they will get a load of new fans this weekend though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

That's interesting, I saw them at the park at glasto and thought they were good fun. If it is always the same then maybe it wears a bit thin. No doubt they will get a load of new fans this weekend though. 

They are doing very well must be said - and very visual - I do wonder if they are a duo Flaming Lips. Weather looking a bit iffy - gazebo being packed as emergency tent airlock.

1 hour ago, ibilly99 said:

Good point although sadly you could say this about most bands being diminishing returns.

I think they're also a very mood dependent band. Quite fun with your mates in a small dark club, didn't work early on, in daylight and outdoors for me. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 5:46 PM, DTichborne said:

Maybe forget I said this.

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Good point although sadly you could say this about most bands being diminishing returns.

I think they're also a very mood dependent band. Quite fun with your mates in a small dark club, didn't work early on, in daylight and outdoors for me. 

That would be it at Kite they were on a small stage, and I was on the front row - astonishing sight for this 61-year-old male I was briefly in love despite being married !