jimmillen

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Things I am looking at:
What stages are still there
Are you still able to take in your own alcohol to the arena
What will the bars be selling
Any responses to the capacity problems in the woodland
and of course, ticket prices.

Not really bothered by the lineup as we will always find something though last years for us was amazing.

Yea but I have a number of commitments next year so looking for value, I think with 2 years of covid and inflation the tickets are going to go up quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

All we can take from their recent posts is a) they have access to a computer and b) they have too much time on their hands. 

Yep

I would prefer simple words to simply tell us what is happening, when it is happening, how much it will cost and what if anything has changed.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, justanotheronethen said:

Weird thing is, if the previous organisers were posting these childlike teasers I'd have found it amusing. Knowing someone new is involved I just think "oh f*ck off", and I don't know why

Cos we knew and trusted the old guard and since 22nd June DHP have said nothing and not even done what they said in their post of 22nd June.
It does not build trust in them and given they were likely the cause of many of the issues people had at the 2022 festival (as they were more or less in charge) then it does make you feel more negative towards them.

I sincerely hope they will give lots of details in their email this weekend but fear they will say little apart from when tickets go on sale - I can even see Tier prices being introduced and a separate Thursday ticket.

I hope I am wrong

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Cos we knew and trusted the old guard and since 22nd June DHP have said nothing and not even done what they said in their post of 22nd June.
It does not build trust in them and given they were likely the cause of many of the issues people had at the 2022 festival (as they were more or less in charge) then it does make you feel more negative towards them.

I sincerely hope they will give lots of details in their email this weekend but fear they will say little apart from when tickets go on sale - I can even see Tier prices being introduced and a separate Thursday ticket.

I hope I am wrong

I hope my apprehension is misplaced too. With the costs of everything expected to go up I'll likely cut down my festivals next year, The Flaming Lips will probably be the signing off for Bearded for me after a decade of great fun there.

Truth is there's very little they need to alter

11 hours ago, justanotheronethen said:

Weird thing is, if the previous organisers were posting these childlike teasers I'd have found it amusing. Knowing someone new is involved I just think "oh f*ck off", and I don't know why

Yeah, spot on. They can't rely on just riding the wave of goodwill the previous organisers built up. 

If these are supposed to be clues to some of the bands they obscure to the point of being worthless, like the ones they used to have on '3-2-1'. 'My first is in hatstand but my mother's ukulele was from Nairobi'

Edited by Flaminglippy

27 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Yeah, spot on. They can't rely on just riding the wave of goodwill the previous organisers built up. 

If these are supposed to be clues to some of the bands they obscure to the point of being worthless, like the ones they used to have on '3-2-1'. 'My first is in hatstand but my mother's ukulele was from Nairobi'

🤣

16 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

It's over 8 months until the festival. Based on a normal year, and assuming the announcement later is ticket details, we're pretty damn close to the usual schedule. For the 2019 festival, the announcement came September 7th for a ticket sale date of September 15th. For the ill-fated 2020 festival, the announcement came August 31st for a ticket sale of September 7th. The actual lineup announcements have generally been around the end of October or start of November so we're way too early for that (barring 2022, which had a load of rollovers and came earlier).

Only a handful of Festivals have put tickets on sale for next year and to the best of my knowledge none of them have announced anything of substance beyond that.

I'm finding this bitterness about a few teasers and the details not being announced yet to be bizarre. Albeit that's more a comment about facebook than here, quite a few of the people over there are getting downright angry and coming across as right arseholes.. Maybe when the announcement does come it'll give them something actually legitimate to complain about, but surely lets wait and see what it actually says?

For what it's worth, Alt Tickets (the ticketing agency owned by DHP and so who will presumably be handling things this year) have got a page up with a more complete version of the new artwork - https://www.alttickets.com/bearded-theory-tickets

• Upvote 2

On 9/6/2022 at 3:31 PM, Gnomicide said:

What does it mean?

Probably nothing.

First mini video - we all think mushrooms but could be toadstools..... and Pixies sit on toadstools
Then we have the hairy troll in cowboy boots - Snapped Ankles perhaps
Hand with third eye - no idea
Horned Animal waving - Tame Impala
Waving tube pasta - Coral, so perhaps The Coral

Probably all wrong, in fact I hope they are all wrong. Not cos not good but cos would all be more like reading an End of the Road line up or Green Man.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, incident said:

It's over 8 months until the festival. Based on a normal year, and assuming the announcement later is ticket details, we're pretty damn close to the usual schedule. For the 2019 festival, the announcement came September 7th for a ticket sale date of September 15th. For the ill-fated 2020 festival, the announcement came August 31st for a ticket sale of September 7th. The actual lineup announcements have generally been around the end of October or start of November so we're way too early for that (barring 2022, which had a load of rollovers and came earlier).

Only a handful of Festivals have put tickets on sale for next year and to the best of my knowledge none of them have announced anything of substance beyond that.

I'm finding this bitterness about a few teasers and the details not being announced yet to be bizarre. Albeit that's more a comment about facebook than here, quite a few of the people over there are getting downright angry and coming across as right arseholes.. Maybe when the announcement does come it'll give them something actually legitimate to complain about, but surely lets wait and see what it actually says?

For what it's worth, Alt Tickets (the ticketing agency owned by DHP and so who will presumably be handling things this year) have got a page up with a more complete version of the new artwork - https://www.alttickets.com/bearded-theory-tickets

I hadn't realised that, feels like we're behind this year but obviously not.

I'm getting old mate, I want what it was like when it was good, I'm in that cringe worthy stage of being a punk and so much has changed for the worse in recent years - I need to be more hopeful but moomin-like hints wasn't doing it for me 😁

Let's see what it all means

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

First mini video - we all think mushrooms but could be toadstools..... and Pixies sit on toadstools
Then we have the hairy troll in cowboy boots - Snapped Ankles perhaps
Hand with third eye - no idea
Horned Animal waving - Tame Impala
Waving tube pasta - Coral, so perhaps The Coral

Probably all wrong, in fact I hope they are all wrong. Not cos not good but cos would all be more like reading an End of the Road line up or Green Man.

Having spent half an hour trying to think of a band based pun on Hamsa Hand I've hurt my head and will get back to painting this door 👍

7 hours ago, incident said:

I'm finding this bitterness about a few teasers and the details not being announced yet to be bizarre. 

I don't think its bitterness, just seems a bit of a waste of time (but thats up to them and we can obviously choose to ignore them if we want) 

Anyway, very much looking forward to some news that doesn't involve old Queenie. Roll on 12.10!

Edited by Flaminglippy

13 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Maybe the wavy pasta thing isn't wavy pasta and is instead 'Super Grass'?? 

The crying hand one. What would you get if you were standing up and your hand was crying...a Wet Leg

Which means we are now having this discussion on here and on FB LOL

Have some straws again
4327190104_3c34432d1d_b.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bucko said:

Looks like its all part of a website launch

bearded_theory_-6627331829.jpg

Yep, don't think it's hints at acts at all, just new artwork though I expect we will get some names later.

Looking forward to the announcement, whatever it is, it will no doubt result in several meltdowns on that Facebook group. Unless of course they announce a reduction in capacity, one toilet per person with New Model Army, Ferocious Dog and Levellers as headliners.