Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

18 hours ago, Quiksylver said:

Out of interest, what 3 bands for next year did you put down?

For me it has to be Muse, Foals and Wolf Alice. If even one of those bands were at Victorious next year I'd be over the moon! 

I went for…

Pulp - as IOW beat us to them this year

Richard Ashcroft - still bitter about the year that never was 

Ray Davies - not a hope in hell but why not!

For who you looking forward to, I went with Blossoms. This year there are just lots of people I like but dont really have any must see acts.

For  next year, I thought I might as well think big as it will make no difference to who they book anyway.

Pulp

Kings of Leon

Muse

18 hours ago, johnl said:

I didn’t put headline bands. I went for Placebo, Interpol and BRMC. Two of those are American so probably unlikely but I tried to pick bands I like that haven’t played it yet (I think).

no joke all 3 of those have been on my top list for victorious for years, placebo I thought would be a shoe in for 2022 along with BRMC in 2018 after having dandys the year before

BRMC doing victorious would honestly make me weep, Interpol could be likely as they have done some surprising uk fests lately i.e Bearded Theory

• Like 1

I went with

Muse

The Cure

The Cat Empire

Haven't seen Muse since V Festival days but would love to again, The Cure are right near the top of my gig bucket list and Cat Empire are just awesome live.

Toyed with putting Blur and Chili Peppers too, but figured that's an even higher level of unrealistic!

Would love Sigur Ros and Bjork too, but not sure how they'd work in a big field...

18 hours ago, PSi said:

I went with

Muse

The Cure

The Cat Empire

Haven't seen Muse since V Festival days but would love to again, The Cure are right near the top of my gig bucket list and Cat Empire are just awesome live.

Toyed with putting Blur and Chili Peppers too, but figured that's an even higher level of unrealistic!

Would love Sigur Ros and Bjork too, but not sure how they'd work in a big field...

I would love to see Cat Empire again although i'd want the original line up. Haven't seen any reviews of them live since half the band quit last year but hoping they still put on a party.

Does anyone think they will publish the numbers for this request game. It would be poor to give the most requested names and numbers and then never get a single one.

We might have been ambitious with many of our requests but how many people would have replied Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Harry Styles, Metallica..............etc

It might have been better to ask which up and coming acts would you like to see play or who would you like to see in the afternoon sun.

Next years post, we listened to your requests and so many of you wanted Self Esteem, Pigeon Detectives and The Fizz so we have gone out and got them 😊

1 hour ago, s30foster said:

I would love to see Cat Empire again although i'd want the original line up. Haven't seen any reviews of them live since half the band quit last year but hoping they still put on a party.

I saw them a couple of weeks back on their UK tour and they were brilliant. New members really fit in well. Was definitely a party still!

• Like 1

Was going to make a joke about RATM being a great day out for the families, and then  got reminded that Charlotte Church's Late Night Pop Dungeon had a fairly high family rate before they started their set, obviously expecting squeaky clean Church, and got an opening of Nine Inch Nails' "Closer". It went down about as well as you'd expect.

1 hour ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Always wanted to go to this festival but logistics are a bit of pain for us travelling.  Anyway, reckon a few of these could come vics way?  

Would love Black Grape, Miki Berenyi (of lush), Danny “supergrass” Goffey and Boo Radleys.  Most others have played vic before!  

FE11B530-4EC0-43A5-A4E4-3F364A9B356D.jpeg

Looks a bit nice that, won't be going as in Poland for Bjork.