Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

1 hour ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

I’d sooner see Liam than Noel but can’t see either playing.  I’d happily take Ashcroft, just think they must have an older act up their sleeve too.  

noel over liam for me.love ashcroft/verve but from being a castle stage head and pulling out,i cant see him headlining common.support for the who maybe

2 hours ago, retrokev said:

noel over liam for me.love ashcroft/verve but from being a castle stage head and pulling out,i cant see him headlining common.support for the who maybe

Would be happy with Liam or Noel, just seen far less of Liam and prefer his solo stuff.  The Who supported by Ashcroft would work for me 🤣

are we sure all castle headliners are announced?  As I’m thinking Ashcroft as castle headliner rather than common 

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Same time as the poster came out

Just looked back at last years and you are right, we knew all the headliners this time last year. Wonder what the holdup is this year? Hope it's not one big let down. We should be booking the tickets at the end of the month and was hoping we would have known by then.

Andy Marsh did an interview saying they tend to book acts a year in advance, so I reckon, they are saving it for the third announcement (If they keep same time scale - End of March)

Either they think its a big act, to get excited about or.......they are struggling to fill that spot.

Last March they added 15 acts to Poster!

Generally, the reason for holding back a headliner announcement is because they have a tour themselves that they would like to sell tickets for first OR you simply don't have one because they pulled out and now your'e scrambling. 

If it was any headliner at another festival it makes absolutely no sense not to announce.

If someone has pulled out id be amazed as Victorious is well organised and no one has pulled out of any other festivals. 

This only really leaves the first option - someone / a band on tour that has tickets to sell for their own gigs first. 

All of the above makes me believe it could be "The Who". Some people might think they'd be too big for Victorious, I'm not so sure. 

Almost every other name thrown into the ring has been announced elsewhere already.

20 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

There's also holding back a headliner to shift more tickets for the final release, which you don't see often, but it seems like a fairly decent reason for doing it, and when it's far and away their biggest festival, it becomes even more understandable.

They can choose to bump the tier up at any point when they see fit without warning, not sure this logic works.

9 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

Generally, the reason for holding back a headliner announcement is because they have a tour themselves that they would like to sell tickets for first OR you simply don't have one because they pulled out and now your'e scrambling. 

If it was any headliner at another festival it makes absolutely no sense not to announce.

If someone has pulled out id be amazed as Victorious is well organised and no one has pulled out of any other festivals. 

This only really leaves the first option - someone / a band on tour that has tickets to sell for their own gigs first. 

All of the above makes me believe it could be "The Who". Some people might think they'd be too big for Victorious, I'm not so sure. 

Almost every other name thrown into the ring has been announced elsewhere already.

I agree with the above thinking. 
if we therefore think about who that might be (other than the Who, already mentioned) 

Jamie T - victorious took the headliner from Finsbury Park last year (fender). Jamie T is struggling to sell out Finsbury Park which might be why they have delayed. I am not sure it would be the most popular choice (I would personally love it, everyone else I know would be meh). 

the 1975 - announced (and sold out) Finsbury Park since last vic announcement. Were mentioned earlier in this thread. Continues the vibe of young(ish) band as Sunday headliners. 

I am pretty confident no Liam or Noel. 

30 minutes ago, Dg_vic said:

if we therefore think about who that might be (other than the Who, already mentioned) 

Jamie T - victorious took the headliner from Finsbury Park last year (fender). Jamie T is struggling to sell out Finsbury Park which might be why they have delayed. I am not sure it would be the most popular choice (I would personally love it, everyone else I know would be meh). 

the 1975 - announced (and sold out) Finsbury Park since last vic announcement. Were mentioned earlier in this thread. Continues the vibe of young(ish) band as Sunday headliners. 

Jamie T actually makes a lot of sense 

2 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

Ah, I was hoping if we got any of the Finsbury park acts it would be pulp. Seeing them in my local field in Hampshire, I might actually lose an important part of my brain!

(I know, they're doing IOW instead of Pompey, but I can still dream)

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Jamie T actually makes a lot of sense 

like Jamie T,but would be disappointed if he was common headliner as think he more suited to castle headliner or common support.yes he got finsbury park but struggling to sell that out.if not Noel ,then the Who would do for me , but really hoping for a big overseas act that nobody has mentioned yet as anniversary.

18 minutes ago, sisco said:

People keep saying Jamie T is struggling to sell out Finsbury.  How do you know? I’m asking as I’ll be getting a ticket and would be amazing to know how many are left 😂

Its been on sale months and the support isn't very strong. He did JP at glasto last year vs 1975 who are other headliner / pyramid headliner even

Even if he does sell it out eventually that would suck up a lot of the demand from victorious, would be an awful booking imo

4 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

Liam is exclusive at boardmasters

Jamie T wouldn’t do it for me in terms of headliner material, each to their own though. If you think back to last year, Suede who are huge in terms of the victorious target (imo) audience, were only a common sub.  Arguably 3rd or 4th in Britpop terms to Blur, Oasis and maybe Pulp.  So for the final headliner I’m expecting more than Jamie T.  

in other news, anyone hoping to see Shed 7 added to the line up will be disappointed… exclusive to my local festival 

D3020F75-B77A-4DA1-A6B3-607A066903D2.png