Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

20 minutes ago, s30foster said:

Maybe Dua Lipa? Or too big of a name/pricey? 

A mix of too bigger name/pricey, and it doesn't seem likely that she will be on the road this summer - with her just coming on an extensive world tour, and a new album currently in the works.

2 hours ago, s30foster said:

Maybe Dua Lipa? Or too big of a name/pricey? 

I did have a thought about Chemical Brothers earlier on today too but unsure. Especially as at IOW

Screenshot_20230124-203212.png

way way way too big

chems out from IOW yep

No idea where this is going now! I've never seen IDLES so they are on my wishlist, no idea if that's likely ?

Looking forward to Inspiral Carpets & Amyl, sure I'll be happy with whoever else gets put a bit lower on the bill (from the Leeds line-up Afflecks Palace please - plus Mysterines & Warmduscher would be great) . Just hope no clashes! Not fussed on JK Friday

Sat/Sun headliners & subs - for me Sigrid is better than Ann-Marie, big enough to headline Castle on Sunday? If not she's surely a sub 🤔

ETA: ^ Ignore all that ^

Kendal

image.thumb.png.ad988e735ac69cc224d5917ee40d29ad.png

Edited by Dorset

3 minutes ago, Dorset said:

No idea where this is going now! I've never seen IDLES so they are on my wishlist, no idea if that's likely ?

Looking forward to Inspiral Carpets & Amyl, sure I'll be happy with whoever else gets put a bit lower on the bill (from the Leeds line-up Afflecks Palace please - plus Mysterines & Warmduscher would be great) . Just hope no clashes! Not fussed on JK Friday

Sat/Sun headliners & subs - for me Sigrid is better than Ann-Marie, big enough to headline Castle on Sunday? If not she's surely a sub 🤔

Kendal

The fact IDLES aren’t at R&L and are about touring does make me feel hopeful they’re at Victorious. 

Kasabian always seemed likely to me and now they’re at Kendall I can’t see past it.

I reckon the Victorious 3rd Headiner is Jamie T

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dorset said:

Kendal

🙏 for Natalie Imbruglia for my 13 year old self and Rick Astley for the missus 🤣

Headliner wise has to be Kasabian from them please. Black Honey were fantastic last time they play victorious, fortunate enough to see them a few times since so 🤞

Tim Burgess is highly involved with Kendal but hopefully he can join the line up too, everything he to touches turns to gold

Idles are a great shout also.  Mysterines are supporting AM but happily see them twice, cracking voice and quite different to a lot of UK bands just now

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jack01825 said:

could see TDCC doing this possibly?

deof think Kasabian nailed on, would be gutted if they were not tbh

Personally I don’t think they’ll return so soon (only been a few festivals).

I agree and I’d be absolutely amazed if Kasabian (although at times I also thought Noel, George Ezra and Lewis Capaldi would too).

For the 3rd.  I’m actually thinking Jamie T now. 

1 minute ago, retrokev said:

have not looked but may be a one off exclusive 

Victorious for the money they pay will not be enticing an American band over for a one off.

Lets see what Tramlines, Truck and Y Not release but I’d be amazed if it’s not your typical British act as always

Just now, retrokev said:

have not looked but may be a one off exclusive 

looking at line ups a people touring and that are free now ,it is getting narrowed down alot for british bands that could headline. realistically  jamie t kasabian biffy 2 door  weller  foals wolf alice. how about a blink or killers? just a thought.

Looking grim for me. Not a massive fan of what’s been announced and the Kendal line up just looks dull. Admittedly, I’ve not seen the Tom-less Kasabian but I’m surprised they can still hold headline spots at solid mid-size Festivals. 
Hoping they can pull something out of the bag but it’s looking more likely I’ll be at APE for The Strokes and AN Other. 

6 minutes ago, retrokev said:

looking at line ups a people touring and that are free now ,it is getting narrowed down alot for british bands that could headline. realistically  jamie t kasabian biffy 2 door  weller  foals wolf alice. how about a blink or killers? just a thought.

The Killers (too big) and Foals are both at Reading so they won’t be playing.

Looking at last year Victorious shared 1 headliner with Truck + Tramlines and 1 headliner with Kendall and Y Not.  They also had their own standalone header in Paolo Nutini.  The fact Kendall announced Kasabian, it’s really wouldn’t surprise me if Y Not do too and then Victorious follow suit.  I also think Jamiraqoui might be the standalone header this year.  Leaves 1 more and I think we’ll have a pretty good idea of who that is once Truck/Tramlines announce.  I think a lot of the lineups this year could have Royal Blood, Blossoms, Paolo Nutini and they’re immediately ruled out of Victorious due to playing it recently