Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

I’d be very surprised if Victorious isn’t in February.  

The others Truck, Tramlines, Y Not are very confusing at the moment.  Normally get announced in November but due to issues were delayed.  They stated it would be early this year and tbf, I presumed that meant the first few weeks of January but… they’ll drum up interest first and as we’ve not heard anything I’d say end Jan/start Feb at the earliest now 

3 hours ago, Simsy said:

Haha, so are you the Victorious Thingy?

LOL, I should be. I stalk the Castle Field looking for Yard Boiz signs being put up in the dead of night and say things like 

THERE IS A PATTERN. Cuz the News said so

16 hours ago, s30foster said:

How is the camping at Victorious? 

The camping is ok, it's the shuttle buses which have been (in our experience) horrendous going back after the final act. Can take hours to get back due to so many people going back at the same time. I know there will be some who say different but it was terrible both years we attended. Almost put us off last year going again but Victorious has been a great festival for us which has catered to our tastes despite all the bad things (shuttle buses and over crowding at Castle). Hoping they will sort this out this year if we do go. 

I've reserved a double room Airbnb for £110 for 4 nights within 15 minutes walk. I'll take that. 6 mins walk to a tesco etc to pick up supplies.

I'm happy to pay that to grab a fresh shower and a proper bed. Upto 40 mind away to camp was just too much. It also means I can travel down from where I am with just 1 bag as no need for a chair, tent, sleeping bag etc.

Edit: after seeing how close Rees Hall and Burrell behind it are, I'm guessing the entrance has totally changed over the years which is fab as that actually means I'm 5 mins from away from the site now.

I'm guessing had I have booked earlier there would be cheaper options but that'll do.

Edited by thewayiam

37 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I've reserved a double room Airbnb for £110 for 4 nights within 15 minutes walk. I'll take that. 6 mins walk to a tesco etc to pick up supplies.

I'm happy to pay that to grab a fresh shower and a proper bed. Upto 40 mind away to camp was just too much. It also means I can travel down from where I am with just 1 bag as no need for a chair, tent, sleeping bag etc.

Edit: after seeing how close Rees Hall and Burrell behind it are, I'm guessing the entrance has totally changed over the years which is fab as that actually means I'm 5 mins from away from the site now.

I'm guessing had I have booked earlier there would be cheaper options but that'll do.

That’s very cheap.  Done well there.  We’re staying at our normal one which is a 15/20 min walk away.  B&B, Swimming Pool for the kids for 3 nights and a family room it was about 450 I think 

24 minutes ago, sisco said:

That’s very cheap.  Done well there.  We’re staying at our normal one which is a 15/20 min walk away.  B&B, Swimming Pool for the kids for 3 nights and a family room it was about 450 I think 

Yeah, 4 nights. All what I need and it was the last room. It's literally round the corner from Rees. It's shared shower etc but that's fine

21 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah if you’re travelling alone it’s all good 

I'll probably car down or check split train options. The alternative was £20 a night for a single room just behind Fratton train station, not worth it. I'm guessing the entrance is now the escapade end a little up from the pier and rides

Edited by thewayiam

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I'll probably car down or check split train options. The alternative was £20 a night for a single room just behind Fratton train station, not worth it. I'm guessing the entrance is now the escapade end a little up from the pier and rides

You can enter from the Clarence pier end, the pyramids end or the bottom of Palmerston road (I assume all entrances will be open on Friday as the full site is open this year)

32 minutes ago, Simsy said:

You can enter from the Clarence pier end, the pyramids end or the bottom of Palmerston road (I assume all entrances will be open on Friday as the full site is open this year)

Aye I saw, Gate B will likely be the closest so that's great stuff. Not sure whether it's correct or not but rail easy have given me a quote albeit in March on split tickets for £38 return. Bargain.

Edited by thewayiam

22 minutes ago, gfa said:

Superstruct just bought benicassim - currently big names include Bastille, Wombats, Franz and Orbital

https://www.elmundo.es/comunidad-valenciana/castellon/2023/01/13/63c04502fc6c8337638b456f.html

14 minutes ago, sisco said:

Franz would be nice 

I don't want Franz but they I can see them playing. Might even get that afternoon slot. I think Orbital will be booked, stick them opposite Jay Kay

23 hours ago, s30foster said:

How is the camping at Victorious? 

In my opinion campsite is excellent in comparison to most fests.  Plenty of space, friendly and 10 min walk to supermarket. Buses into the fest are frequent and only takes about 20 min.  Always left pretty early in the morning so not sure how busy these get later in the day.  Bus home is a bit of a nightmare if you’re planning to stay to then end.  2 hour queue isn’t much fun but on the plus side the place is beautiful so far worse places to be!

we fly down from Edinburgh, so gave up camping as a pain in the ring lugging all the gear down 🤣🤣 staying at the uni accommodation this year, so pack light and no stress 👍 Enjoy 

• Upvote 2