LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Can't speak for Stevie Nicks, but with Cher, you'd probably get about forty-five minutes of tunes in a seventy-five minute set. Gives Dave Grohl a run for his money in self-rhapsody between songs.

(If she gets the balance right, that would be forty-five minutes of absolute tunes though, and I'd be all over that.)

7 hours ago, stuie said:

Based on one ex poster?  Not being funny, Neil has had a track record of having the juice and he told us it was Roxy Music last year.   For me, these days, until it's confirmed or ruled out by other confirmed dates they are still in the game. 

EE said the legend was female. So unless Roxy have changed a bit it’s not them. 

9 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Logically I can see why this is the case this year:

Dua has a tour coming at some point this year that she’d want to partially sell before being announced.

Coldplay are festival regulars so not much point in giving them their own announcement to a sea of groans. 

Stevie a late replacement for Madonna and is apparently gonna have his own BST date to sell.

Shania not the most mind blowing legend so probably not worth her own announcement either.

Tbh I was kind of hoping Emily would drop some smaller acts in one of her interviews like she did with Little Simz and Lana in the past, and I suppose there’s still time for that, but I’m expecting all the headliners to come at once with the full lineup drop come March. 

Yeah, makes sense when you walk through it logically. Whoever the acts turn out to be, I think GFL have certainly had issues securing lineup, hence the delay.

33 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

EE said the legend was female. So unless Roxy have changed a bit it’s not them. 

I didn’t say it was Roxy. I was talking about last year’s info that turned out to be wrong. Maybe read twice before posting nonsense. 

26 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

They make good strong tea up north. You could trot a mouse on it.

Milky broth is the default cuppa down here unfortunately! 

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Why is Stevie Nicks off the table?

I still think she would be perfect for a Sunday late afternoon slot.

Someone had info that the legend slot goes to Shania, so Stevie is off the table because Shania is on it. But - remember we know nothing! 

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

Someone had info that the legend slot goes to Shania, so Stevie is off the table because Shania is on it. But - remember we know nothing! 

Shania is fine but Cher was the ultimate, maybe a year too early. Nicks would be decent but she doesn't do Go Your Own Way in a set which at Glastonbury would be a missed opportunity.

15 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Shania is fine but Cher was the ultimate, maybe a year too early. Nicks would be decent but she doesn't do Go Your Own Way in a set which at Glastonbury would be a missed opportunity.

Of course she doesn't. It's a song that is specifically horribly cruel to her personally.

7 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Oh is it?, I didn't actually know that myself.

The Rumours album was written just after Buckingham/Nicks and the McVies had split up - they basically all hated each other at that point so it's surprising how good that album is.  My Dad is a big FM fan and that album is one of my earliest listening memories - it still holds a special place for me today.  

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

The Rumours album was written just after Buckingham/Nicks and the McVies had split up - they basically all hated each other at that point so it's surprising how good that album is.

Plenty of bands did great work whilst hating each other, eg Pink Floyd, Eagles, Credence Clearwater Revival, The Who, Ramones… probably spurs them on 

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

The Rumours album was written just after Buckingham/Nicks and the McVies had split up - they basically all hated each other at that point so it's surprising how good that album is.  My Dad is a big FM fan and that album is one of my earliest listening memories - it still holds a special place for me today.  

Ah fair, I'm not that deep with them to be honest. As much as it is just one song, without the song it's much less appealing to me so Cher as a 1st and Shania as a 2nd would be for me. Had she done it, it's one of my favourite songs so choosing between her and Cher would be tough but I think Cher just.

15 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

But did Lindsey write Go Your Own Way before or after Stevie wrote Dreams? I guess neither are blameless. It’d show a lot of bottle if she were to do it! 

Dreams is just generically sad, whereas Go Your Own Way accuses Stevie of sleeping around - and as far as I can tell she was and remains absolutely f**king livid about it.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dreams is just generically sad, whereas Go Your Own Way accuses Stevie of sleeping around - and as far as I can tell she was and remains absolutely f**king livid about it.

Indeed. Stevie wants to f**king kill him in this: 

3 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

We’ve been talking about this years headliners since last year. Maybe make yourself a bit clearer then. 

Roxy were never in the running to be headliners on any year so your last comment doesn't make sense.  The conversation was about quality and reliability of sources of information which sometimes turns to sh*t, like the Roxy Music rumour did. 

If you don't understand just skip past, no need to be muggy.  Thanks.

If nothing else, we've learned today that they've been working on an announcement. 

That deleted line makes it look like multiple acts as a minimum. 

IT'S EARLY IN THE NEW YEAR! Let's 'Ave it.