The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

9 minutes ago, uscore said:

"What do you mean you find xx degrees too hot?  I'm fine with it so I can't believe you aren't too".

pretty sure this conversation has been had every year the message boards have existed.

We have to carefully go through all of the stages of the weather thread each time. Including shock, hope, anger, betrayal, denial, confusion and ultimately acceptance.

Everyone is at a different stage, let them find their own way to weather peace in their own time 🤣

• Like 2

(edit update: I've since apologised personally to someone who may have felt attacked by this. He didn't and assures me it's all good. I wish his all the best for the festival and if I was going - I'd buy him a cold beer)

I don’t have a ticket for the first time since 1998.

If I hear one more f**king self-centred twat negative comment about it being too hot at 22c I might f**king go mad. 

SHUT THE f**k UP AND DONT GO YOU PATHETIC TWATS

1 wear f**king suncream. It works on every type of skin.

2. Walk 5 mins to the shaded f**king woods/ glade/ permaculture etc.

3. f**k off 

Spoilt c**tS

Edited by danbailey80
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Just now, danbailey80 said:

If I hear one more f**king self-centred twat negative comment about it being too hot at 22c I might f**king go mad. 

SHUT THE f**k UP AND DONT GO YOU PATHETIC TWAT.

2. Walk 5 mins to the f**king woods/ glade/ permaculture etc.

3. f**k off 

c**tS

4. Ha ha ha ha.

35 minutes ago, uscore said:

"What do you mean you find xx degrees too hot?  I'm fine with it so I can't believe you aren't too".

pretty sure this conversation has been had every year the message boards have existed.

I think I'm just more surprised how people think 22+ is too hot. It's been above that all week now. My students have just sat there exams in an old hall with us having to have the doors open. What do you think is gonna happen in the end of June?

Just now, chazwwe said:

I think I'm just more surprised how people think 22+ is too hot. It's been above that all week now. My students have just sat there exams in an old hall with us having to have the doors open. What do you think is gonna happen in the end of June?

I've been in a air conditioned Office. 

It's been mint

9 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

3. f**k off 

Spoilt c**tS

Steady on

12 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

3. f**k off 

Spoilt c**tS

Well, at least you're not bitter about it.

• Upvote 5

Just like to point out that people who say they prefer lots of heat, or enough rain to keep the dust down, or autumnal temperatures or a mud bath aren't actually making an argument that can possibly have an impact on what happens. This isn't politics, we're not talking about how to organise society, just our own preferences.

It's impossible to be selfish when discussing what weather we prefer, because what we think doesn't matter and makes absolutely no difference.

So yeah, let's just chill a bit about other people's different opinions about what's the best weather - because the clouds sure as hell aren't listening!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Just like to point out that people who say they prefer lots of heat, or enough rain to keep the dust down, or autumnal temperatures or a mud bath aren't actually making an argument that can possibly have an impact on what happens. This isn't politics, we're not talking about how to organise society, just our own preferences.

It's impossible to be selfish when discussing what weather we prefer, because what we think doesn't matter and makes absolutely no difference.

So yeah, let's just chill a bit about other people's different opinions about what's the best weather - because the clouds sure as hell aren't listening!

Nope, I don't know what you're talking about. Of course taking sides, and making weather gangs, and arguing with strangers about the perfect temperature is going to change the outcome...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

4 minutes ago, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

Only efests Glastonbury Chat can fuel an argument about a natural phenomenon which none of us can affect. 

We need Neil to wade in here and tell us how much of a crap booking GnR are to calm us down. 

Ps...2010 weather all day long. 🤞

Steady now. The Weather Gods will not be pleased with non-believers who are not open to bribery.