Parklife 2023

__Phoenix

58 minutes ago, stanh said:

Day splits. What's everyones thoughts? Personally I am absolutely buzzing with it, other than Wireless, none of the UK lineups have delivered at all this year. Soooo many names here I'm excited about, as well as your Parklife/WHP regulars too.

Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 12.46.45.png

those splits make it even more appealing! gutted I'm on holiday that weekend 😞

11 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Parklife isn't my speed (I'm an indie landfill kind of guy mainly), but 1975 are one of my favourite bands so tempted for just their day. What sort of reception are they likely to get? Decent crowd or bottled off? 

Probably will be fairly busy as while the prodigy are a big name they are an older act so a lot of people will be at main stage i guess. hard to say

56 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Parklife isn't my speed (I'm an indie landfill kind of guy mainly), but 1975 are one of my favourite bands so tempted for just their day. What sort of reception are they likely to get? Decent crowd or bottled off? 

They were well received last time I saw them there, sure it'll be similar this time round - stage splits will definitely help a lot splitting the crowd apart. FISHER will also be another big pull against The 1975.

1 hour ago, Chaarlie said:

never been but can't turn a lineup like that down! whats the festival like in terms of atmosphere and crowds?

Crowd can be a bit rough, with some people clearly just there to start trouble, but on the most part it's friendly.  Atmosphere is decent, but depends on the stage your at, since they made the majority of stages open-air after COVID, there is a lot of sound bleed, especially between Main Stage, The Hangar and The Temple. The Valley though always has a great atmosphere, by far the best stage at Parklife. 

40 minutes ago, stanh said:

It's not as rowdy as R&L, just a few wrongens scattered about, the 17+ limit helps a fair bit. 

I've not been but i've heard theres fights every year etc, you never get that at reading

Just now, gfa said:

I've not been but i've heard theres fights every year etc, you never get that at reading

I've seen a few fights at both R&L, Parklife has a few too, but it usually seems to be within groups of people who know each other, rather than just a random scrap up if that makes sense? 

R&L as far as I can tell is always tame in the arena. Definitely has been the last few Sundays we went. It's the campground where it all kicks off. 

Parklife is all arena in a city centre so it's very different. You can see people kicking off in MCR on any given day. 

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

R&L as far as I can tell is always tame in the arena. Definitely has been the last few Sundays we went. It's the campground where it all kicks off. 

Parklife is all arena in a city centre so it's very different. You can see people kicking off in MCR on any given day. 

hardly the city centre to be fair

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...