Parklife 2023

__Phoenix

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Aye but as he said below.

MTS, Tyler, the creator, 50 cent and Capaldi were not getting say the main Reading spot whereas Travis obviously does. Even this year, Capaldi is only only on the MSW one. 

Travis Scott isn't the style of rap they go for anyway, but if they wanted to change up the bookings significantly and get a more suitable mainstage he is a possibility - lots of ifs there though

2 hours ago, Bmaz said:

Maybe they have somehow bagged frank ocean again seeing as he has done it before they might have links managment wise

Incredibly wishfull thinking though

It'd be a good booking, but his set in 2017 was very disappointing, I'm sure others may have loved it - but I left feeling really underwhelmed, as much as I love and rate him as an artist.

Given another shot at a lil' prediction before the lineup comes out at the end of the month... I have brought in Solid Grooves and Glitterbox as the 2 'new' stages, and then the 5 new 'headliners' (basically just the top line of the poster) as Aitch, SZA, Jorja Smith, Fred Again.., Central Cee alongside Major Lazer or Khalid (both have either had headline status/headlined a stage in past years that have gone ahead). Haven't given a look at tour dates or anything so some of the acts may not have dates (or at least so far) for this year. Aitch and Fred Again.. at this point seem like lock-ins, and KAYTRANADA seems very likely with him pulling out in 2021 due to travel restrictions at the time, and makes sense with him being in Manchester on the Saturday for The Weeknd tour (as a support). The rest of the names and stage takeovers make sense to me, but obviously it is Parklife so could be very far off, as they will often throw in some complete and utter curveballs and random names/stage takeovers nobody could have predicted, alongside the usual repeat acts and Warehouse Project favourites. As for Parklife FM I have just put '???', don't really have a clue where to start with it, but if it *did* return back again this year it'll probably just be a mix of on-the-rise trajectory names and some WHP resident DJ's. 

-- 

Saturday-

The Parklife Stage: Aitch (UK Festival Exclusive) / Jorja Smith / Anne-Marie / Bru-C / Fredo / Cat Burns / Clavish

The Valley: Fred Again.. (Live in The Valley) / Four Tet / LF System / Bugzy Malone / Tiffany Calver / piri & tommy / BERWYN

The Hangar (Trick presents): Patrick Topping / Ben Hemsley / Alan Fitzpatrick / Hannah Laing / Mélé / Airwolf Paradise

The Temple (DnB Allstars presents): Hedex / Bou / Serum / Vibe Chemistry b2b Goddard / Mozey / A Little Sound

Solid Grooves: Michael Bibi / PAWSA / Sven Väth / Hot Since 82 / Ilario Alicante / East End Dubs / Lauren Lo Sung / Wheats

Repercussion: Overmono / Jeff Mills / Folamour / Ben UFO / Sherelle / Mr Scruff / Interplanetary Criminal

Glitterbox: Basement Jaxx / Eats Everything / The Shapeshifters / Sam Divine / Gina Breeze / Krysko

Parklife FM: ???

--

Sunday-

The Parklife Stage: SZA (UK Festival Exclusive) / Central Cee / Becky Hill / Rema / Mimi Webb / K-Trap / Shygirl

The Valley: Khalid or Major Lazer / KAYTRANADA / Nia Archives / PinkPantheress / Luude / Eliza Rose / Belters Only

The Hangar (XXL presents): Charlotte De Witte / I Hate Models / Fjaak / Charlie Sparks / Kander / VTSS / HØLEIGH

The Temple (Curated by Ewan): Ewan McVicar / Kettama / Richy Ahmed / Low Steppa / Skream / Emily Nash / Jess Bays

Defected: Gorgon City / John Summit / Jax Jones / Horse Meat Disco / Bob Sinclar / Danny Howard

Eat Your Own Ears: DJ EZ / Floating Points / TSHA / Romy / Barry Can't Swim / Greg Lord / Anz

Fuse: Enzo Siragusa / Chris Stussy / Archie Hamilton / Sweely / Rich NxT / Traumer / Rossko

Parklife FM: ??? 

Tbh, I reckon it's gonna be another lineup this year full of curveballs, especially now that Central Cee, Cat Burns, Lil Nas X, Tems, PinkPantheress, Diplo etc etc are out. 

Saturday-

The Parklife Stage: Aitch (UK Festival Exclusive) / Jorja Smith / Anne-Marie / Bru-C / Fredo / Shenseea / Clavish

The Valley: Fred Again.. (Live in The Valley) / Four Tet / LF System / Steve Lacy / Tiffany Calver / piri & tommy / BERWYN

--

Sunday-

The Parklife Stage: SZA (UK Festival Exclusive) / Bugzy Malone / Becky Hill / Rema / Mimi Webb / K-Trap / Shygirl

The Valley: Khalid / KAYTRANADA / Nia Archives / Annie Mac / Luude / Eliza Rose / Belters Only

1 hour ago, stanh said:

Glitterbox have been announced as the first stage host for this year!

1071415442_Screenshot2023-01-18at17_14_39.thumb.png.f200bb648957c862c97406e07303ecab.png

That's the likes of Bob Sinclair, Basement Jaxx, Amand Van Helden, Carl Craig, Eats Everything, David Morales, Derrick Carter, Dimitri from Paris and Co. Roger Sanchez too. Saw him last year, was ace.

I'm considering doing it in Ibiza this year.

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

That's the likes of Bob Sinclair, Basement Jaxx, Amand Van Helden, Carl Craig, Eats Everything, David Morales, Derrick Carter, Dimitri from Paris and Co. Roger Sanchez too. Saw him last year, was ace.

I'm considering doing it in Ibiza this year.

They put on a great show, one of my favourite dance brands tbh. I reckon Defected will make a return too, below is what I put in my prediction further up the thread.

On 1/16/2023 at 12:00 AM, stanh said:

Glitterbox: Basement Jaxx / Eats Everything / The Shapeshifters / Sam Divine / Gina Breeze / Krysko

Defected: Gorgon City / John Summit / Jax Jones / Horse Meat Disco / Bob Sinclar / Danny Howard

3 hours ago, stanh said:

They put on a great show, one of my favourite dance brands tbh. I reckon Defected will make a return too, below is what I put in my prediction further up the thread.

I don't think Bob Sinclair will be on Defected.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Do it, it's tremendous. One problem though. Hï is great but it's massively oversold. Every Sunday is crazy busy now. 

It's massively expensive too. The drinks aren't even doubles lol. I went there for Armin Van Buuren. I was there this year over that part, shocked how bad Bora Bora is now. It's purely just a drug selling area. The Ibiza Marina area and Dalt Villa is lovely but apart from Ushiaua area it's a shit hole. The rooftop bar at Hard Rock Hotel is nice.

what was the tiktok of?

also what happened to 1975 hometown shows? they definitely aren't doing both

they also said one more fest that ended up being big weekend i think?

Edited by gfa

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

what was the tiktok of?

also what happened to 1975 hometown shows? they definitely aren't doing both

they also said one more fest that ended up being big weekend i think?

That doesn't seem to be happening anymore.

20 hours ago, Punisher said:

The plans for the rumoured 1975 music event in Wilmslow have been withdrawn:

https://www.wilmslow.co.uk/news/article/23011/plans-for-large-music-event-on-wilmslow-playing-fields-withdrawn

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

That doesn't seem to be happening anymore.

interesting

surely they'd have their headliners booked already though so unless someone dropped out and 1975 were a super convenient replacement at the right time it just doesn't make much sense? or maybe parklife just offered them ££, more than they would have got doing these shows