Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

14 minutes ago, weirdfishes said:

Last year I got a bed in a decent hostel for 30€/night, close to one of the tram stations that get you to the festival. I get that hostels aren't for everyone, but it's certainly much cheaper than 1400€!

No issues with hostels when travelling solo, but this is always with my partner and private rooms in most hostels seem to get ridiculous. So may as well stay in a decent hotel and have our own bathroom, etc. Also historically had bad luck in a Barca hostel cancelling very late on, when they realised they could relist and make more money.

The main thing for me is being in walking distance.

Each to their own and all that in how much you want to spend, I was more insinuating that the F1 threating to be on the same weekend again, could be a massive pain in the arse.

Edited by Last_Exit

25 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Festival confirmed on their Twitter, but only in replies and only because someone asked. What a poor communication. 

If they say it’s definitely going ahead and then there’s an unexpected storm and has to be cancelled they’d get even more abuse.

All events are open to being unexpectedly cancelled. And we simply cannot predict the weather with 100% accuracy.

14 minutes ago, xxialac said:

If they say it’s definitely going ahead and then there’s an unexpected storm and has to be cancelled they’d get even more abuse.

All events are open to being unexpectedly cancelled. And we simply cannot predict the weather with 100% accuracy.

The weather here in Madrid was good, and specially today and tomorrow. There was a storm in Primavera Porto and still it happened. All those festivals like Glasto and Roskilde that are in rainy countries never had any problems and it rains like hell there. It’s just that Primavera should’ve done a better job with draining and so on, the site looked like a swimming pool, they had time to avoid it.

And even if there was nothing to do about it, the communication is terrible and they still didn’t say anything about what they are going to the with the full festival tickets. Plus the fact that they chose a super small place for Blur and only the lucky 10% or 20% could see them is outrageous. 

It’s a 350€ festival with a huge history, I didn’t expect this from them. Hopefully it goes good with these 2 days.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

The weather here in Madrid was good, and specially today and tomorrow. There was a storm in Primavera Porto and still it happened. All those festivals like Glasto and Roskilde that are in rainy countries never had any problems and it rains like hell there. It’s just that Primavera should’ve done a better job with draining and so on, the site looked like a swimming pool, they had time to avoid it.

And even if there was nothing to do about it, the communication is terrible and they still didn’t say anything about what they are going to the with the full festival tickets. Plus the fact that they chose a super small place for Blur and only the lucky 10% or 20% could see them is outrageous. 

It’s a 350€ festival with a huge history, I didn’t expect this from them. Hopefully it goes good with these 2 days.

I agree with the first point 100%. 

But I think they did brilliantly to rearrange Blur and find a reasonably big venue. The logistics of putting together a gig - managing tickets, securing the venue, agreeing the economics, getting staff, security, clearance etc. I'm amazed one can't see that this was an impressive feat at such short notice.

I'm sure they will give a discount to next year for ticket holders or some bar credit. Maybe not what people want but I don't see why this information is needed already.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, weirdfishes said:

I have a ticket for the auditorium today but can't go to Julia Holter, can I still go for Swans? Are there enough seats for everyone with a ticket or is it like the first ones that arrive get the seats?

Yes as far as I'm aware, as people were coming in for Boris  after emeralds had finished