Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

8 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

woh woh woh, lets not be thowing shade at the dj coco closing party! its a god damn tradition at this point and one i unashamedly love!

My gripe is that Overmono is in the wrong location (and timeslot). From my POV, Coco can play Mordor! 

2 hours ago, Etaish said:

On that Saturday 5am weekend closing slot, Really annoying that Overmono are scheduled to play at the Plentitude stage while DJ Coco is at Cupra. I know that's the tradition but - sorry for being controversial - he's a lousy dj while the Overmono show will be a big event (new album is terrific) and I want to believe will pull a big crowd. Cupra stage would've been the perfect stage for this. 

It's plenitude for a lot of the stuff I want to see this year (unwound, liturgy, overmono...) or stuff I would have maybe considered must see if it wasn't there (pinkpantheress, hudmo...) and I find it disappointing. Last year caroline polachek and black midi worked there (but black midi was way too crowded) but earl sweatshirt wasn't really great imo in that setting.  It's by far the worst imo, both in terms of vibe and of acoustic. I wonder if they chose to put less popular acts at cupra because of safety

Edited by Whos3000_

Always impossible to plan how you'll feel in the moment but trying to predict the surges of energy entering and leaving my body on that Saturday night feels hard to predict. 

Will the two hour gap send me to bed or to the bar? Who knows...

Death Grips into JPEGMAFIA into Overmono is a seriously hectic sequence.

• Like 1

Cupra was weirdly over crowded last year for a lot of acts, even acts I wouldn’t have thought would have filled it.

Also I missed it but my friends said they someone fall down the steps and crack their skill and had paramedics take them away?

47 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Always impossible to plan how you'll feel in the moment but trying to predict the surges of energy entering and leaving my body on that Saturday night feels hard to predict. 

Will the two hour gap send me to bed or to the bar? Who knows...

Death Grips into JPEGMAFIA into Overmono is a seriously hectic sequence.

true though you do get a schlafstunde between 0315 and 0400

49 minutes ago, xxialac said:

If any company set up sleeping pods they could make some good money off me.

4pm to 7am is punishing.

Is that something you regularly do? Last year was the first time I've really done the 5pm to 6am gauntlet and I loved it. But I think I was running on post-covid adrenaline. Is it realistic to do all 3 days?

16 minutes ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

Anyone planning on seeing Turnstile and then head to Auditori for Boris after that?

I have never gone to Auditori that late, any prediction if it will get full for Boris?

Me but I am prepared to check the auditorium and then leave for something else if it’s full. Last year it was always full but the shows were earlier 

1 hour ago, Whos3000_ said:

Me but I am prepared to check the auditorium and then leave for something else if it’s full. Last year it was always full but the shows were earlier 

Makes sense. For me the alternative to Boris would be to run over to Dice stage and catch last few songs of Off!

And then Pinkpantheress to pass time waiting for Amenra. 

20 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Overmono is overrated Bicep-lite who've just released an exeptionally weak album, and Coco is a Primavera legend. He deserves that Cupra slot every single year for the rest of his life.

Dj Coco It is the worst possible closure for Primavera Sound. Bad DJ, bad selection of songs, and he's only there because he works at the festival. Overmono are ok, they are not great, but Dj Coco c'mon. 

18 hours ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

Anyone planning on seeing Turnstile and then head to Auditori for Boris after that?

I have never gone to Auditori that late, any prediction if it will get full for Boris?

Me too.  I went in for Tim Hecker around the same time a few years back as Rosalia was coming on, I was walking against what felt like half of Barcelona entering the site, but the Auditori at that time had loads of space.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, davidoffescassi said:

Dj Coco It is the worst possible closure for Primavera Sound. Bad DJ, bad selection of songs, and he's only there because he works at the festival. Overmono are ok, they are not great, but Dj Coco c'mon. 

he plays fun bangers , wall to wall. where else can you hear harry styles into drake into kate bush into radiohead at 5am in barcelona? 😄

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

VIP ticket holder who got their tickets for Wednesday already - does it say the time shows start? or more important - stage they're on?

I think this is it here pal: https://www.primaverasound.com/es/barcelona/primavera-a-la-ciutat-barcelona-2023-programme

Just got to the Wednesday schedule and it'll be there. Playing on Amazon Music

44 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Hmm, I called that wrong. Seems like a mistake to me, given the demand will surely be bigger than in the history of the festival.

Surely with the registration for access ticket they can restrict numbers to prevent overcrowding