Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

3 minutes ago, Orens said:

Judging by her singles, she could be this year's Jessie Ware

Goldfrapp is great - or at least her first album is. Not sure if she will mostly play from it.

It's quite intense mood music though, whereas Jessie Ware was just a relentlessly upbeat party. 

I'm just really pleased (and surprised) that there weren't any more major dropouts. The festival is pretty soon now. 

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Goldfrapp is great - or at least her first album is. Not sure if she will mostly play from it.

It's quite intense mood music though, whereas Jessie Ware was just a relentlessly upbeat party. 

I'm just really pleased (and surprised) that there weren't any more major dropouts. The festival is pretty soon now. 

She'll release her debut solo album this year, so she will most likely play that and some hits from "Goldfrapp" 

• Upvote 1

Some other changes from the new posters:

- Julia Amor and La Paloma moved from Monday to Tuesday,

- Gaz Combes now only on Saturday (Friday + Saturday on the previous poster, it was probably just a typo),

- Judeline on Friday + Saturday (probably a typo, but PS already changed their day on the previous poster from Friday to Saturday, so I have no idea, which day is correct).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fnmentaluk said:

FKA twigs confirmation of cancellation, Alison goldfrapp confirmed 

https://twitter.com/Primavera_Sound/status/1638119160071823360?t=XLFxDj--dmpxtAmjC0ESbA&s=19

And so it begins...at least they're attempting to replace them this year, unlike last year when we lost about 10 major acts 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, pipan said:

- Gaz Combes now only on Saturday (Friday + Saturday on the previous poster, it was probably just a typo),

- Judeline on Friday + Saturday (probably a typo, but PS already changed their day on the previous poster from Friday to Saturday, so I have no idea, which day is correct).

So, according to the poster for BCN only, Judeline just on Saturday.

However, on BCN poster Gaz Coombes again on Friday AND Saturday. 🙂

Not sure if allowed in here but my partner and I bought tickets in the original presale but the lineup is not to our liking this year so are opting out.

Looking to offload our two tickets now that Dice has opened up ticket transfer. Selling for FV (£375 for both). Current price through Primavera website is €325 per person. 

Drop me a DM if interested.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, homesick said:

And so it begins...at least they're attempting to replace them this year, unlike last year when we lost about 10 major acts 

We can’t complain given they booked New Order. Unfortunately though, they were added to an already busy day while Saturday is a bit lighter 

• Upvote 2

Last year they gave us an expanded Ciutat programme for the first time which was pretty amazing (chance to see some big names in a club setting and extra days of shows).

This year am far more bothered about having Bits taken away, not because I wanted to go there, but because inevitably it’s going to make the festival more cramped than it otherwise would have been.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

We can’t complain given they booked New Order. Unfortunately though, they were added to an already busy day while Saturday is a bit lighter 

Yeah as long as we don't lose anyone else major I'm happy enough. Last year we lost Massive Attack, Kano, The Strokes, Georgia, C Tangana, Brockhampton just off the top of my head with shit/no replacements

54 minutes ago, homesick said:

Yeah as long as we don't lose anyone else major I'm happy enough. Last year we lost Massive Attack, Kano, The Strokes, Georgia, C Tangana, Brockhampton just off the top of my head with shit/no replacements

Last year was pretty special. We got a lot of replacements, but I can understand the disappointment with Massive Attack and The Strokes (very last second cancellation, so can't complain to much there). We got a LOT of extra concerts that we don't normally do, because of the two weekends. And we got Phoenix announced later, that played twice.

Here is also some of the replacements they did: https://www.primaverasound.com/en/news/primavera-sound-barcelona---sant-adria-suma-nuevos-artistas-y-actualiza-su-cartel-a-34-dias-para-su-historica-vigesima-edicion

Normally they are good to get replacements, but you can't make everyone happy with replacements. Skepta replaced Migos (they missed their plane lol) with a very late cancellation for example. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Martin_89 said:

Last year was pretty special. We got a lot of replacements, but I can understand the disappointment with Massive Attack and The Strokes (very last second cancellation, so can't complain to much there). We got a LOT of extra concerts that we don't normally do, because of the two weekends. And we got Phoenix announced later, that played twice.

Here is also some of the replacements they did: https://www.primaverasound.com/en/news/primavera-sound-barcelona---sant-adria-suma-nuevos-artistas-y-actualiza-su-cartel-a-34-dias-para-su-historica-vigesima-edicion

Normally they are good to get replacements, but you can't make everyone happy with replacements. Skepta replaced Migos (they missed their plane lol) with a very late cancellation for example. 

They could have replaced massive attack and turnstile and that should not be forgiven lol (extra concerts were basically available only for people doing the whole 2 weekend thing). The other cancellations were obviously too late for them to do anything 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Chile organizers didn´t pay the Barcelona headquarters, or something like that. So, they change the company this year, but they won´t enable to do that this year, only in 2024.

Speaking of São Paulo edition, they swap the organizers here (live nation, now the big local T4F). Now, we have also a new location, Interlagos race track (the same of Lollapalooza), what is worse, because is so far from the city, instead of the old location closest to the city center.

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2023 at 11:15 AM, homesick said:

Yeah but you can't expect them to replace The Strokes 2 (!) days in advance do you. 😅