Anyone picking up tickets on coach that is going to have a problem getting to their starting point?

angelin

3 minutes ago, angelin said:

Do you think there is anyway Glasto will post us our tickets? Ive got to get to Oxford but there is meant to be both a rail and tube strike. Its going to cost a small fortune in taxis☹️

Doubt it. I've got to get from Portsmouth to Bristol on the Tuesday night to get my coach on weds morning, so I've booked a cheapo national express (via London) in case the strike goes ahead.

11 minutes ago, angelin said:

Do you think there is anyway Glasto will post us our tickets? Ive got to get to Oxford but there is meant to be both a rail and tube strike. Its going to cost a small fortune in taxis☹️

If you can get to Victoria/Marble Arch/Notting Hill/Shepherds Bush/Hillingdon there is a direct bus service to Gloucester Green in Oxford which is a 5 min walk from where the See Coaches will be departing.

London to Oxford Bus |Oxford to London Coach |Oxford Tube 

10 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

If you can get to Victoria/Marble Arch/Notting Hill/Shepherds Bush/Hillingdon there is a direct bus service to Gloucester Green in Oxford which is a 5 min walk from where the See Coaches will be departing.

London to Oxford Bus |Oxford to London Coach |Oxford Tube 

It's very nice to see people stepping up to help each other, fair warms the cockles. 

6 minutes ago, David_Watts said:

This will be the first time I've bought coach with my Glastonbury tickets. I didn't realise that you pick up your tickets when you board the coach. That would explain a lot - or have I got the wrong end of the stick.

Yep that’s it … if you’ve purchased the see tickets package or you get given them during the journey 

Edited by crazyfool1

3 minutes ago, David_Watts said:

This will be the first time I've bought coach with my Glastonbury tickets. I didn't realise that you pick up your tickets when you board the coach. That would explain a lot - or have I got the wrong end of the stick.

For See coaches, yes.   If that's the case you should have an email already (mine was 25th May) confirming that. 

From mine:-

"ENTRY TICKETS:

As agreed at the point of purchase, you will need to collect your entry tickets on the coach. This is mandatory and no exceptions can be made.

Each individual entry ticket assigned to a registration will be individually sealed in an envelope. Each passenger must show a form of Identification in order to claim their entry ticket. As such all parties must be present on the coach in order to collect their entry ticket. The driver will only hand out entry tickets to those present on the coach."

The festival license requires a certain proportion of people arriving by public transport. On the day itself, once they have car park ticket numbers, and can see arrivals on the Castle Cary Shuttle bus, they'll have an idea for how much, if any, flexibility they have for helping people who "missed" the coach.

Given this recent announcement, I'd expect the number arriving by train to drop dramatically, possibly already creating an issue for the festival in terms of the license, so expecting there to be *any* flexibility on missed coaches this year is optimistic I think.

2 hours ago, angelin said:

National express?

Alternatively - elizabeth line to Reading and then a taxi from there would be a lot cheaper

18 hours ago, gfa said:

National express?

Alternatively - elizabeth line to Reading and then a taxi from there would be a lot cheaper

Reading to Oxford in a cab will be nearly £100.

Oxford Tube bus from London that I linked to further up the thread will be much cheaper (£11 one way, £17 return) 

5 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Reading to Oxford in a cab will be nearly £100.

Oxford Tube bus from London that I linked to further up the thread will be much cheaper (£11 one way, £17 return) 

Yeah it was just an alternative, didn't realise it would be that much!

38 minutes ago, gfa said:

Yeah it was just an alternative, didn't realise it would be that much!

During the day for a saloon would be about £60-£65 with a pre book, off the rank probably about £85

a 6 seater £70-£75 with a pre book and off the rank probably about £95

depends on the firm, time of day and size of cab tbh.