Slam Dunk Festival 2023

On 1/30/2023 at 11:14 AM, Jonny_Naylor said:

No Idea what I'm going to do. 

Dying to see loads of bands that are all going to clash - Girlfriends, Hawthorne Heights, Fireworks, Zebrahead, Vukovi, Trash Boat, Wargasm, Real Friends, Spanish Love Songs, Teenage Bottlerocket, Escape The Fate, Boston Manor, Flogging Molly, Gogol Bordello, KIGH, Billy Talent, Menzingers and every single headliner. 

At this point, all we've decided is that Less Than Jake > Bowling For Soup > The Offspring is how we're going to end the day. No way I'm missing 'Hello, Rockview' in full, never seen BFS and The Offspring are my favourite band. Gonna have to wait for times for the others. 

Buy tickets to north and south and do both? 

On 2/7/2023 at 11:53 PM, DomDom1984 said:

We thinking it's the same set up as 2021? Two main outdoor stages, two beneath stages in the old Jager and the bottom two as Key Club?

Offspring and Shikari on outdoor stages

Creeper & Yellowcard alternating stages in the tent I guess

The Hunnas stage is gonna be alternating so needs two stages, so still need another stage for Malevolence

On 1/31/2023 at 7:48 PM, DomDom1984 said:

I'm always a bit hesitant to believe a full album is being played when a band say "celebrating" about it rather than "playing it in full". I've seen that before where the band have ended up doing it like they're touring it like a new album, rather than a front to back play.

You mean like when Sum 41 did that recent tour that was ‘celebrating 20 years of all killer no filler and does this look infected’ and played three songs off all killer no filler and five songs off does this look infected. 

I was thinking of The Wombats doing their first album. Think they played eight or nine songs from it, which I'd say is worthy of calling it a celebration of the album without playing it in full.

I can't even remember that Sum 41 tour.

10 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Offspring and Shikari on outdoor stages

Creeper & Yellowcard alternating stages in the tent I guess

The Hunnas stage is gonna be alternating so needs two stages, so still need another stage for Malevolence

That Malevolence stage being on it's own actually makes a fair amount of sense.

On 2/10/2023 at 1:07 PM, s30foster said:

Not been before. What time does the last band usually finish and what's the train like getting back to London? 

We usually get the shuttle coach back to kentish town after - less faff than the train crowds. 

Edited by Jacksamthompson

2 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

Slam Dunk have confirmed all other stages will finish before The Offspring and Enter Shikari and that they will clash

Worst news ever. I remembered 2019 when the "headliners" clash (All Time Low vs Bullet For My Valentine vs Nofx) but with the changes since then, I thought we wouldn't have The Offspring and Enter Shikari at the same time. Like one will end the festival in Leeds and the other in London. At least, the good news is Yellowcard/Creeper will finish before these 2 headliners.

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

EXTREMELY good news for me tbh. I was always going to see Shikari so it's good to see I've got a free run at that.

Is it kind of sacrilege to say I've not quite got the hype about Shikari live? Granted, only seen 'em once before, and it was at R+L last year but... don't know, just was a bit underwhelming.

3 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Is it kind of sacrilege to say I've not quite got the hype about Shikari live? Granted, only seen 'em once before, and it was at R+L last year but... don't know, just was a bit underwhelming.

That was their worst performance I've seen by them (even with the 'technical' issues) and I've been a lot! Highly recommend seeing them if The Offspring don't do it for you!

5 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

That was their worst performance I've seen by them (even with the 'technical' issues) and I've been a lot! Highly recommend seeing them if The Offspring don't do it for you!

Ah, good to know it was an off-day! All of my other colleagues swear by them as the live band of their generation.