trnsmt 2023

jj200

18 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Killers day was far from full as well, although dunno the impact the five days had on that.

19 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Tbf, two days sold out last year (albeit one very late) and the Capaldi day would have done good numbers. Pretty sure the 2019 edition did pretty well too. Can't say much about any of the previous two though. From what I could tell, The Killers' day I was at wasn't as packed as others I've been to as far as days go.

Wasn’t the Killers day all messed up? Something to do with the golden circle left there by Queen?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I'm not sure that it does, but even if it did, there's no reason to hold out.

And then there's the biggest reason. Allegations. Which, with more thought, might explain the first thing I said there.

That got squashed about a week ago it seems, theres a statement on Rex’s instagram 

21 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I'm thinking Circa Waves might be a good shout for the spot actually. 

Also, with the special guest handle, maybe Two Door Cinema Club?

No way are Two Door going to be 4th down, not a chance

1 minute ago, DomDom1984 said:

Years and Years realistically shouldn't have either. Hence why I mentioned the special guest thing. Maybe it matters? I'm out the loop on this count.

Years and Years don't go about headlining y not, community, truck etc etc.

Not sure how sales are but i'd guess with Sam Fender and Kasabian a 4th down two door is probably unecessary, with special guest they could do it I guess but it hurts their stock.

Kooks are also 4th down, maybe these bands are sliding down lineups but that seems low too considering both did Community at finsbury (45k). Just seems crazy they could accept a smaller slot than they got at the far bigger R&L

He's big enough to do all that though. He co headlined Kendal when I was there. If you were to name an arena act like that as a headliner, there's no complaints.

The day is sold out so there's no real need for a shifter. I was asking because I thought I was gonna buy a two ticket. I had no idea someone bought me Pulp tickets for elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Any advice on hotels around Glasgow, or in nearby towns that easy to get into the city? I'm looking at clydebank. 

Clydebank would be a fair old trip, I’m not sure what time the last train there is but there will definitely be places a bit nearer. I don’t know much about hotels in and around Glasgow but alternatives to the city centre could be hotels/airbnb’s in the east end of the city (Dennistoun maybe the best bet here) or the southside (Shawlands, Queen’s Park, Pollokshields etc) which have loads of public transport and are walkable too.