trnsmt 2023

jj200

On 8/17/2022 at 2:21 PM, DomDom1984 said:

Kasabian and The 1975 are two of my bets. Dunno how Kendrick Lamar did at Summer Sessions, but if it did well, I could definitely see him appearing at this. Although I'm gonna go with Panic at the Disco as the third.

Panic strays quite far from their usual bookings. They've dropped off quite a bit too i think 

Kasabian and The 1975 are two of my bets. Dunno how Kendrick Lamar did at Summer Sessions, but if it did well, I could definitely see him appearing at this. Although I'm gonna go with Panic at the Disco as the third.

Agree with you on Kasabian and The 1975. Could maybe see Gerry Cinnamon as the other.

On 8/19/2022 at 10:18 AM, Shootenanny! said:

Agree with you on Kasabian and The 1975. Could maybe see Gerry Cinnamon as the other.

I reckon we won't see Gerry Cinnamon until a new album comes out, but then again, he's been playing some new stuff so maybe that might actually be the case by then.

I was thinking Post Malone might be a shout? Album to promote and had to cancel the green because of the pandemic.

On 8/18/2022 at 3:06 PM, gfa said:

Panic strays quite far from their usual bookings. They've dropped off quite a bit too i think 

I was thinking they've got a decent crossover of fans now, pretty much being a pop act these days. Their tour is selling pretty well and could probably shift a number of tickets.

Kendrick's Summer Sessions gig sold terribly, to the point that they did a competition for tickets which everybody who entered seemed to win (I even won twice!), so I don't think they'll book him for a big outdoor thing again. I'd guess George Ezra, Kasabian and The Killers to headline, though could easily see Kasabian as a big "special guest" sub like they've had before. 

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Kendrick's Summer Sessions gig sold terribly, to the point that they did a competition for tickets which everybody who entered seemed to win (I even won twice!), so I don't think they'll book him for a big outdoor thing again. I'd guess George Ezra, Kasabian and The Killers to headline, though could easily see Kasabian as a big "special guest" sub like they've had before. 

I’m not so certain about Kasabian now, they’ve done a few of the festivals this year and have a UK tour at the end of the year so they may want to do the rest of the world next year. Definitely think The Killers could be there though now that AM have been ruled out.

Kasabian will probably do festivals for the album tour itself, and a winter tour is prime for that too.

The Killers is a good shout actually, especially with them releasing stuff at the end of the year with an album later, and DF love them some Killers. I'm not sold on Ezra doing it tbh, even though he'd do good business.

Have Biffy Clyro been ruled out? I wouldn't be surprised if them and Kasabian were announced as two of the headliners right after their Hydro gigs coming up to try push some Christmas sales... Otherwise I'll go with something like...

Headliners

The 1975 - Pulp or The Killers (or Biffy Clyro) - Kasabian 

Sub-headliners

The Script - Royal Blood - Jamie T (based on nothing but his big London Show)

Edited by Chiefski

32 minutes ago, Chiefski said:

Have Biffy Clyro been ruled out? I wouldn't be surprised if them and Kasabian were announced as two of the headliners right after their Hydro gigs coming up to try push some Christmas sales... Otherwise I'll go with something like...

Headliners

The 1975 - Pulp or The Killers (or Biffy Clyro) - Kasabian 

Sub-headliners

The Script - Royal Blood - Jamie T (based on nothing but his big London Show)

I would absolutely love Pulp to headline a day as they are probably one of my favourite bands ever. However I don’t TRNSMT would book them since they’re not really suited for the target audience

4 minutes ago, LD1903 said:

I would absolutely love Pulp to headline a day as they are probably one of my favourite bands ever. However I don’t TRNSMT would book them since they’re not really suited for the target audience

Could be argued The Strokes weren't either... If not Trnsmt I can see them doing one of the Edinburgh Big Top shows

13 minutes ago, Chiefski said:

Could be argued The Strokes weren't either... If not Trnsmt I can see them doing one of the Edinburgh Big Top shows

Yeah. I felt sorry for the strokes, the crowd just didn’t seem up for it. It was the same through the vast majority of Primal Scream’s set last year