Ped A to Ped C walk

prog seller

Gate to Gate, about 45 minutes.

Maybe a shade less if it's quiet, but could easily be more if you're carrying loads of stuff, or if it's muddy, or if it's busy (especially if there's an act on the Pyramid and you have to navigate past the crowd).

Then potentially up to another 30 minutes depending on where in the Campervan Fields you're heading.

• Like 1

I'd recommending getting your campervan friends to take as much of your stuff as possible. You can start giving them your camping gear whenever you see them over the next couple of months.  The walk will be much easier if you only have a day sack, or at least only your clothes!  Also ask them to buy and bring your booze and food supplies. 

I'm in my 50s and not especially fit and did it last time with a rucksack as per @incidentestimates.

As @Glast0babysuggests I wasn't carrying booze, I had clothes sleeping bag etc but if you could avoid carrying anything it would be nice to just have a wander through the site looking at stuff with the shirt on your back. 

It’s certainly doable, probably about an hour by the time you get to the van.

DO NOT get drunk on the coach, more drunk in the queue for the gate, take a wrong turn while lugging your mate’s extremely heavy 6-man tent on the hottest day of the year, end up going through Silver Hayes (!), stop for several more refreshments along the way, and when you reach Ped Gate C find that you’ve somehow managed to lose your ticket which you need to get out, necessitating a long wait and then an interview by security in a little portakabin. Easily done.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Glast0baby said:

I'd recommending getting your campervan friends to take as much of your stuff as possible. You can start giving them your camping gear whenever you see them over the next couple of months.  The walk will be much easier if you only have a day sack, or at least only your clothes!  Also ask them to buy and bring your booze and food supplies. 

Yeah I'm planning on doing that, They've offered to take some stuff, so i'm offloading booze, chair and tent. I'm hoping I can sway a bit more, but another friend has given up all her stuff on them. (i've never been, bit harsh to let me struggle) 

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

It’s certainly doable, probably about an hour by the time you get to the van.

DO NOT get drunk on the coach, more drunk in the queue for the gate, take a wrong turn while lugging your mate’s extremely heavy 6-man tent on the hottest day of the year, end up going through Silver Hayes (!), stop for several more refreshments along the way, and when you reach Ped Gate C find that you’ve somehow managed to lose your ticket which you need to get out, necessitating a long wait and then an interview by security in a little portakabin. Easily done.

Brilliant! we are coaching overnight, and I doubt i'll get that bad tbh.  Did that happen to you? 

9 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Your mate is definitely having you on with 5 hours!

I thought so.

I used that Glasto map overlay and dropped it over Bramham park (Leeds fest) Since I've worked there for 7 festivals (selling programmes) I've got a good idea of the site. Yes Glasto is bigger, but it's really not as huge as everyone is saying (maybe if I was to walk the perimeter) but I'm considering the back entrance and all the staff areas we walked. I'm expecting the worst but walk loads anyway. 

Thanks everyone for the replies 😄 

In 2017 we dragged airplane roller suitcases from Gate A coach entry to gate C in ~33 degree heat.  We had to stop a few times to rest in the shade, and the suitcases had problems rolling through the woodchip at the entry to the Pyramid field.  Would have been a complete disaster if it had been muddy.

The gate-to-gate estimate of 45-60 min sounds about right.  You'll need to climb a hill upon exiting gate C and then you'll have another 10-30 min depending upon the final destination.

16 hours ago, Butterz said:

In 2017 we dragged airplane roller suitcases from Gate A coach entry to gate C in ~33 degree heat.  We had to stop a few times to rest in the shade, and the suitcases had problems rolling through the woodchip at the entry to the Pyramid field.  Would have been a complete disaster if it had been muddy.

The gate-to-gate estimate of 45-60 min sounds about right.  You'll need to climb a hill upon exiting gate C and then you'll have another 10-30 min depending upon the final destination.

You brought... suitcases? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

You brought... suitcases? 

We were coming from San Francisco, had coach tickets from London, and stayed at Love Fields just outside of Gate C.  My wife and I are not camping types in general, and we weren't about to invest in the whole kit to support international travel plus Glasto.  So we brought a pair of mud-resistant suitcases and dragged them across the site (twice).  The weather gods smiled at us and it worked out ok. 

1 hour ago, Butterz said:

We were coming from San Francisco, had coach tickets from London, and stayed at Love Fields just outside of Gate C.  My wife and I are not camping types in general, and we weren't about to invest in the whole kit to support international travel plus Glasto.  So we brought a pair of mud-resistant suitcases and dragged them across the site (twice).  The weather gods smiled at us and it worked out ok. 

Wow that's commitment! im glad it worked out for you. 😄