Secret Sets is there just 1 single twitter account

marathonsteve

9 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Only one I know of is Secret Glasto: https://twitter.com/secretglasto

You can set alerts for whenever it tweets and maybe even text alerts too

I still get text alerts through from Zapier every time that account tweets, having set it up years ago - I don't use Twitter beyond that, and have no interest in installing a dedicated app.

I assume it's still possible to do so, and wouldn't be surprised if instructions posted here in the past still broadly work.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, incident said:

I still get text alerts through from Zapier every time that account tweets, having set it up years ago - I don't use Twitter beyond that, and have no interest in installing a dedicated app.

I assume it's still possible to do so, and wouldn't be surprised if instructions posted here in the past still broadly work.

We really wish people would move off SMS, tweets need to be so short for you lot!

7 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

So are we saying that we shouldn’t rely on twitter then. 

No, it means you can set up Secretglasto to text you whenever it tweets and we* still take great pains to ensure that it gives a good experience for SMS during the festival(no reliance on images, usually fits in one text message)

But it would make life much easier if everyone just used the Twitter app.

To be clear, the Twitter experience is a superset of  SMS alerts. It's usually faster, can cope with images/videos and longer messages.

To be fair, I've been on EE for years, so don't know if other networks have problems, but for me relying on text messages is in every way worse.

*95% @mr flow

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

No, it means you can set up Secretglasto to text you whenever it tweets and we* still take great pains to ensure that it gives a good experience for SMS during the festival(no reliance on images, usually fits in one text message)

But it would make life much easier if everyone just used the Twitter app.

To be clear, the Twitter experience is a superset of  SMS alerts. It's usually faster, can cope with images/videos and longer messages.

To be fair, I've been on EE for years, so don't know if other networks have problems, but for me relying on text messages is in every way worse.

*95% @mr flow

Its beneficial to have wifi off for battery life -  i think texts are still quite helpful

8 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Might be worth checking out if there's scope/interest for a Whatsapp broadcast list or Telegram channel or something? 

Think there might be limits on how many people can be in one but would get round the length/image issues 

Interested! 

BUT a WhatsApp wouldnt work. There would be hundreds of people posting rubbish, making up rumours, messaging their lost friends in the wrong group 🤣

Edited by am00
I thought about it some more

8 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Might be worth checking out if there's scope/interest for a Whatsapp broadcast list or Telegram channel or something? 

Think there might be limits on how many people can be in one but would get round the length/image issues 

Surely this makes the account less public and therefore way less accessible. Twitter is public facing, a whatsapp group or telegram not so much

11 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Twitter limits are fine though. It's just SMS that's a pain.

13 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

The main potential reasons for using SMS over Twitter are if someone is taking a non-smartphone to the festival, or if they don't trust their data connectivity at the festival - in my case the latter - unfortunately in those respects WhatsApp and/or Telegram wouldn't be any different to Twitter.

1 hour ago, am00 said:

Interested! 

BUT a WhatsApp wouldnt work. There would be hundreds of people posting rubbish, making up rumours, messaging their lost friends in the wrong group 🤣

You can set it up so only the admin posts can be seen. 

To answer the first post, the secret glasto account is shared amongst some users on here who reliably find out/get told the secret sets. So you can be sure the information is accurate, there might be others but I'm not sure how reliable they might be.

• Upvote 1