Ticket Delivery

Ayrshire Chris

3 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

This happened to someone else in this thread a couple of weeks ago. They got in touch with See via the form on the order tracker and miraculously their despatch email arrived with tracking number. I would definitely contact them to check. There may be the odd glitch in the system. 

Thanks yeah, I do think 7 days regardless of bank holiday is quite unusual for Royal Mail, I've sent See an email! Would really rather make sure I'm home when they're due to arrive..

39 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

So you don't think a customer sending thousands of Special Delivery items per day through one office (Nottingham MC) would have a conversation with Royal Mail about the service they expect and try to negotiate a better rate based on not claiming for delayed items? That is the scenario I see, there is no reason to insist on next day delivery in this particular case and so they may well have agreed a bespoke deal. Just speculation on my part of course but if I was sending out hundreds of thousands of items in a short space of time through one office I would certainly be having discussions.

No. I'm saying they are all sent Special Delivery which is guaranteed Next Day 1pm as standard.

Edited by briddj

7 minutes ago, ledwards said:

Thanks yeah, I do think 7 days regardless of bank holiday is quite unusual for Royal Mail, I've sent See an email! Would really rather make sure I'm home when they're due to arrive..

Agree. I got my despatch email on Friday evening, think my order status must have changed earlier that day too (didn’t check) as it was “tickets are in stock” on 2 June. My ticket landed this morning. Fingers crossed yours arrives very soon xx

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Yeah but the Festival didn't start until 26th in 2019 so we've lost a few days there too.

All doom and gloom from me at the moment, I feel like The Nal in the weather thread! 😂

Yeah I know 😂 Despatch this year should have been 4 days AHEAD not behind. 

30 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

We use a really cool POS system that has a built in battery and SIM card for just this kind of situation. it has a scanner, and allows us to operate from almost anywhere all day long, using mobile network, then recharge at night. I'd imagine a similar system, but for access management, would be employed. 

Spot on for what I was thinking! They could even get away without relying on the network if they wanted to - the whole reg database, photos and all, will fit on a £50 SD card with masses of room to spare so they could have a full copy on every scanner. 

They're spending six figures on postage and printing every year, so a few hundred scanners at £500 each would pay for themselves inside two years if they wanted to do it all in house, and I'm sure they could contract it out for far less to a company that'd be making use of the hardware all year. 

14 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Exactly, they only got the sent to courier message on Weds... Bank holiday since then 🙂

Two in fact. But…my order tracker was still saying “in stock” last Thursday evening. Then my despatch email arrived Friday evening and ticket delivered today. The OP’s order status updated before mine, and they’ve had no despatch email yet 🤔 Definitely time to contact See 😊

4 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Two in fact. But…my order tracker was still saying “in stock” last Thursday evening. Then my despatch email arrived Friday evening and ticket delivered today. The OP’s order status updated before mine, and they’ve had no despatch email yet 🤔 Definitely time to contact See 😊

You may be right, but I just thought rather than worry, see if it’s delivered today first, since it’s the first possible day that it could be delivered.

36 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s official. Seetickets have no logic when it comes to sending out tickets. 

My housemate has had his email confirmation but I’ve not had mine. They’re going to the same house!!

Given how bespoke the Glasto tickets are, I doubt SeeTickets actually print them so they're probably just sending as and when they receive them from the printers.

Maybe it's related to when we paid the balance/confirmed the ticket?

47 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

My housemate has had his email confirmation but I’ve not had mine. They’re going to the same house!!

If you paid the balance separately, and therefore are each on your own postage, then the two orders have no methodical connection to each other whatsoever and would be more likely than not to dispatch at different times.

If you paid the balances on the same order, then you've got a point.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

If you paid the balances on the same order, then you've got a point.

There’s been all sorts of speculation about tickets being sent out based on regions or postcodes. This completely puts those theories to bed so it is just random when your ticket gets sent out. 

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

There’s been all sorts of speculation about tickets being sent out based on regions or postcodes. This completely puts those theories to bed so it is just random when your ticket gets sent out. 

There is a sequence number atop your ticket. 'SEQ NO.' I think that is the order they're sent in... 

I was first batch, and my SEQ NO. is just 231

I just assumed this was the order in which orders were processed on ticket release day. Or maybe payments, as we paid in full on day one. (2019!!!!)

image0 (10).jpeg

Edited by Alvoram

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

There is a sequence number atop your ticket. 'SEQ NO.' I think that is the order they're sent in... 

I was first batch, and my SEQ NO. is just 231

I just assumed this was the order in which orders were processed on ticket release day. Or maybe payments, as we paid in full on day one. (2019!!!!)

image0 (10).jpeg

Nope I know people who bought in original sale and people who bought in the resale at opposite ends of the country with surnames at opposite ends of the alphabet and one relatively new reg number in comparison to the other who got them on the same day near the start. If there is any logic or pattern I can’t figure it out!! 

4 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s an exquisite form of torture 😬 Hope you get your despatch email tomorrow 🤞

3 hours ago, TheDayman said:

Maybe it's related to when we paid the balance/confirmed the ticket?

I paid my balance on 1 March just after 9AM. Friend paid hers a few days later. She got her tickets a whole fortnight before me. So definitely not related to balance payment date/time.

50 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Nope I know people who bought in original sale and people who bought in the resale at opposite ends of the country with surnames at opposite ends of the alphabet and one relatively new reg number in comparison to the other who got them on the same day near the start. If there is any logic or pattern I can’t figure it out!! 

Maybe the tickets the resale ones replaced had a low seq number? 🤷‍♂️ Have a look at their seq numbers... 

37 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Maybe the tickets the resale ones replaced had a low seq number? 🤷‍♂️ Have a look at their seq numbers... 

If that was the case I would have gotten mine the same day as well as mine was very similar details to the other resale one and mine arrived nearly a week later. I suspect there are just multiple printers firing them out and that it’s a bit of a chaotic mess. Who gets them first probably depends on which boxes of finished ones are picked up first. I love that we all try and find a pattern but if there is one to how they are printed I think the haphazard nature of how they dispatch them each day removes it. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

If that was the case I would have gotten mine the same day as well as mine was very similar details to the other resale one and mine arrived nearly a week later. I suspect there are just multiple printers firing them out and that it’s a bit of a chaotic mess. Who gets them first probably depends on which boxes of finished ones are picked up first. I love that we all try and find a pattern but if there is one to how they are printed I think the haphazard nature of how they dispatch them each day removes it. 

I'm not sure I'm getting my theory across properly. My theory is that the SEQ no is just that, the print sequence. The order in which tickets were assigned, printed and or sent out.

If joe blogs places order number 457 for this event, but then cancels his ticket, whoever buys the reissue will still be 457, as that's the one that was cancelled. Hence, 2 people buying resale tickets around the same time, but getting tickets at different times, would not disprove this theory.

It would be really interesting to get a collection of SEQ numbers, along with the dates that they got their despatch notification and the date of delivery, to prove or disprove this theory. 

But it is just a theory, based purely on the term 'SEQ NO.' along with my very low number being amongst the first emails. Happy to be proved wrong or right, either way, it would still be interesting to know. Unfortunately your examples don't prove it either way, but if you could compare the SEQ NO.s alongside their despatch dates, that would be cool. 

27 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I'm not sure I'm getting my theory across properly. My theory is that the SEQ no is just that, the print sequence. The order in which tickets were assigned, printed and or sent out.

If joe blogs places order number 457 for this event, but then cancels his ticket, whoever buys the reissue will still be 457, as that's the one that was cancelled. Hence, 2 people buying resale tickets around the same time, but getting tickets at different times, would not disprove this theory.

It would be really interesting to get a collection of SEQ numbers, along with the dates that they got their despatch notification and the date of delivery, to prove or disprove this theory. 

But it is just a theory, based purely on the term 'SEQ NO.' along with my very low number being amongst the first emails. Happy to be proved wrong or right, either way, it would still be interesting to know. Unfortunately your examples don't prove it either way, but if you could compare the SEQ NO.s alongside their despatch dates, that would be cool. 

No I got what you meant I just think that See Tickets are more of a disorganised shit show than you think so even if they were printed in some kind of order I think they wouldn’t all necessarily go out the door in that sequence because boxes are probably just piled in a corner and it’s pot luck which ones get picked up. Having worked somewhere where we frequently had to send out thousands of renewal documents at a time it’s just not as organised as first printed equating to first out the door. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

No I got what you meant I just think that See Tickets are more of a disorganised shit show than you think so even if they were printed in some kind of order I think they wouldn’t all necessarily go out the door in that sequence because boxes are probably just piled in a corner and it’s pot luck which ones get picked up. Having worked somewhere where we frequently had to send out thousands of renewal documents at a time it’s just not as organised as first printed equating to first out the door. 

Apologies, I thought you were saying that because you ordered in the resale at around the same time, and had different delivery days, then it couldn't be so. My mistake.

You're possibly right, would love to see some seq no.s matched with dates to be sure though.

So far we only have
Despatched Status: 21/5, Delivery: 24/5  Seq No. 231

P.s as far as see tickets is concerned, I have to be nice... 😉 But at least it looks like around 80% of members here already have their tickets early, (according to the poll) unlike the mess their main competition are making of Download.