2023 Festival

TheWaters

9 hours ago, BenG92 said:

You don't want to know how popular that N-Dubz reunion is. Obscene. 

ndubz.PNG

That is crazy.

9 hours ago, stanh said:

I can't really see them doing festivals, however, myself and pretty much all of my mates and loads of people I know are going to see them on their tour

Dear god why?

12 hours ago, stevieg1993 said:

It's absolutely crazy. I don't know a single fan. I know a couple of people liked such and such a song by them but that's as far as it goes yet they've sold a shit load of tickets. They're more likely do Wireless but as shit as it sounds I wouldn't rule them out for as the demand is clearly there. 

It’s all people who liked a couple of songs back in the day. Can you imagine knowing their entire back catalogue. Them playing R&L would be as shite as when Big Shaq turned up, won’t happen.

Edited by andyrhodes24

3 hours ago, wghennessy said:

Wait people still listen to Kasabian?

They arent headliners. 

Yes they are, seen them at NBHD weekender and Truck and both times they were absolutely incredible. Better than before with Tom.

there’s no doubt they’re MSW headliners, and their new stuff is decent. 

12 hours ago, Will b said:

They’re not headlining anything with a young crowd like those 2 festivals (or any credible festival ever)

Not sure what happened here maybe I quoted the wrong thing but I was talking about n-dubz here not kasabian - I love kasabian would love to see them at boardies 

14 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I struggle to think of anyone less credible than N-Dubz. Genuinely the worst of the worst. Music for people who love Michael Kors and think buying a bottle of Ciroc makes them superior. 

N-Dubz is not for those people, it is for the women now our age, that played them aged 13 whilst sat in a park on a Friday night with a water bottle filled with their moms vodka, getting fingered behind a bush. The ones that now have 4 kids, all with behavioural problems, 2 of them being called Tyler.

N-Dubz is not for the Reading Leeds crowd.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

N-Dubz is not for those people, it is for the women now our age, that played them aged 13 whilst sat in a park on a Friday night with a water bottle filled with their moms vodka, getting fingered behind a bush. The ones that now have 4 kids, all with behavioural problems, 2 of them being called Tyler.

You win the internet today 🤣

28 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Thanks for reasserting what we already agreed in the most obnoxious way possible 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, stevieg1993 said:

I'm surprised R/L have never booked a dance act. I know there's Creamfields for that but I'm surprised they never booked someone like Calvin Harris during the height of EDM. 

On that note Swedish House Mafia are on tour? Would they be down with the kids? 

Disclosure?

SHM are very expensive and will always get given to Creamfields, same with Calvin. More likely to get an act like Bicep booked, an act on the rise

14 hours ago, Will b said:

Boardmasters has turned into a festival for the kids - camping scenes worse than reading/Leeds Sunday night - plus they get bigger headliners nowdays. Can see them as a random appearance at glasto but doubt it rly for any of the other big festivals

Well aware, theres no good fit but i'd argue that Boardies might be the best.

15 hours ago, stevieg1993 said:

I'm surprised R/L have never booked a dance act. I know there's Creamfields for that but I'm surprised they never booked someone like Calvin Harris during the height of EDM. 

On that note Swedish House Mafia are on tour? Would they be down with the kids? 

I think either of them would go down well, especially Calvin. But can't really see it happening, especially with Creams North & South probably getting exclusivity over them too. Would LOVE to see it happen though. But agree that an act more like Bicep or Chase & Status (Live) is the more likely option. 

6 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Dear god why?

Nostalgia. IMO they have a great back catalogue of tunes, and even though I think it is a highly unlikely booking, *IF* they were ever to be booked, I think they'd actually draw a sizeable crowd - even if they aren't really the sort of booking I can envision R&L making.

2 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Very roundabout way of saying NDubz are for chavs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stanh said:

I think either of them would go down well, especially Calvin. But can't really see it happening, especially with Creams North & South probably getting exclusivity over them too. Would LOVE to see it happen though. But agree that an act more like Bicep or Chase & Status (Live) is the more likely option. 

C&S a good shout too, not sure they are MSW size though - dnb is more of a uni thing than like gcse/a levels too. Calvin does creamfields like every year, not unbelievable to think they could go a single year without him.

David Guetta might be a decent shout, hes been known to do more random non dance festivals (eg iow)

Edited by gfa

58 minutes ago, gfa said:

C&S a good shout too, not sure they are MSW size though - dnb is more of a uni thing than like gcse/a levels too. Calvin does creamfields like every year, not unbelievable to think they could go a single year without him.

David Guetta might be a decent shout, hes been known to do more random non dance festivals (eg iow)

I think C&S would be one if they were booked to headline it'd have some people raise their eyebrows, but on the day, go down very well - much like MTS this year

No way are Chase and Status headline status on either Main Stage. 

‘Dance’ headliners are so few and far between, the only act I can remotely see doing it is Bicep. There’s nobody else who could step up. That scene moves so quickly that things go in and out of popularity so fast. 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

‘Dance’ headliners are so few and far between, the only act I can remotely see doing it is Bicep. There’s nobody else who could step up. That scene moves so quickly that things go in and out of popularity so fast. 

Arguably it moves insanely slow. Creamfields has had calvin more years in the past than its not probably. Nothing like that happens at Reading... Acts get big and stay big for ages, its very hard to break through in comparison

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Agree about Chase and Status but Calvin Harris is arguably the biggest DJ in the world. He'd be incredible.

13 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

Agree about Chase and Status but Calvin Harris is arguably the biggest DJ in the world. He'd be incredible.

He’d cost a tonne of money and I don’t think he’d fit in well at even the modern R&L. He’ll just play Cream every year until he’s decrepit. 

Chase and Status tickets for Leeds are £26 at the O2 Academy and they're still available. They aren't even remotely close to a MSW headliner. You should all come down though, be a right laugh. 

Bicep are more like it and were one of the top 5 things I saw in a year of about 2.5 festivals. 

Edited by BenG92