victorious 2022

retrokev

8 minutes ago, rseamer said:

It's been raining here in Southsea quite heavily this morning but is leaving off a bit now.

I will take a walk down to the common later and report back on the state of the ground

probably needed to soften the ground, dont want it to be dusty all weekend as no rain due after today !

should be almost perfect festival weather ! 24 degs would have been nice but can take 20 - 22

3 hours ago, rseamer said:

It's been raining here in Southsea quite heavily this morning but is leaving off a bit now.

I will take a walk down to the common later and report back on the state of the ground

I'm heading down there now myself, rained until midday but clear now but dark skies still

OK the good news on the ground....

It did get quite wet this morning and there are still patches where it is currently squidgy underneath but they are drying out rapidly. By tomorrow I anticipate they will be mainly fine. There was one quite wet patch near the comedy tent I observed, but seeing as that won't be used till Saturday and the forecast is dry that should dry out nicely.

The vast majority of the site is already fairly dry though and there's an awful lot of green stuff considering how brown it was a few weeks ago. Here's a pic of the main stage from the back taken at about 1pm this afternoon.

So in summary - looking good, especially given the forecast for the next 3 days

stage thursday.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2022 at 4:08 PM, luckysalt said:

Hey that's great, I just meant there's no older acts really this year like in the past Weller, Brian Wilson, Specials, Madness, last year had Nile, etc. It seems to be 90s onwards acts. 

Sorry if it came across the wrong way, hope no offence taken. 

Me and the Mrs love the older acts ourselves, I wish there were more 80s acts on for sure.

luckysalt, no offence taken at all, I know where you are coming from though! I love rock and indie stuff, but I think Sophie Ellis-Bextor is gonna smash it!  What we love about Victorious is the fact that it is such a friendly festival with a great crowd, yes there are gonna be a few youngsters giving it large later on and a few kids screeching during the day... but the line-up this year, for us, has out-stripped any festival line-up in the UK this year 🙂

27 minutes ago, Musemonster said:

luckysalt, no offence taken at all, I know where you are coming from though! I love rock and indie stuff, but I think Sophie Ellis-Bextor is gonna smash it!  What we love about Victorious is the fact that it is such a friendly festival with a great crowd, yes there are gonna be a few youngsters giving it large later on and a few kids screeching during the day... but the line-up this year, for us, has out-stripped any festival line-up in the UK this year 🙂

we like it for similar reasons. we both have differing tastes and the variety is amazing. we take the kids (7 and 10) and theres plenty to keep them entertained during the day. we even manage the museums for a break.

fully agree on Sophie Ellis Bextor too 

7 minutes ago, kelstar said:

Not a moment, it probably once it opens we hear more unless locals post of Portsmouth sites .

thats cool. someone answered on my facebook post saying there are no draught bars  will wait and see. anyone getting there early feel free to confirm 

3 minutes ago, kelstar said:

That’s the rumour on Facebook, no draught, they think it’s just cans. (Poured into paper cups)

that would make it more ridiculous. if the idea is to save time serving and maximise profit through not having to pay out for dispenser hire, the time then spent pouring said cans into cups will be way longer than dispensing pints 

14 minutes ago, atomised said:

that would make it more ridiculous. if the idea is to save time serving and maximise profit through not having to pay out for dispenser hire, the time then spent pouring said cans into cups will be way longer than dispensing pints 

Hopefully the rumour is incorrect, but I’m not there until tomorrow. Keeping an eye on my Facebook for info, as I do have a number of friends going today.

• Upvote 1