Pilton Party 2021

panasonic2011

Just now, panasonic2011 said:

Has anybody heard if this is happening this year??

at this stage I think a general presumption is no .... as they have shelved the sept Glastonbury Equinox event ..... although I dont think the response totally rulled this one out .... traditionally its the beginning of sept though so very doubtful its going to happen in 3 weeks time 

12 hours ago, panasonic2011 said:

Hi Daniel,

I am afraid we cannot confirm if there will be a Pilton Party this year.
Any news or updates will be posted on our website.

Im sorry we cannot confirm any information at the moment.

Regards, 

Glastonbury Festival

Interesting … it would be very late then … I’d already got my tickets by now for the last one that they had … and they haven’t even announced it’s happening yet … or maybe the villagers know something … as it’s for them anyway … don’t know how late in the year they would want to run it ? 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Interesting … it would be very late then … I’d already got my tickets by now for the last one that they had … and they haven’t even announced it’s happening yet … or maybe the villagers know something … as it’s for them anyway … don’t know how late in the year they would want to run it ? 

Would most likely sell out with locals if it happened. With the September equinox thing cancelled we had booked /cancelled accommodation for different dates that month before the date was firmed  up.  Got a bit fed up doing the premier inn Hokey Cokey. In out in out till we knew it was off! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Would most likely sell out with locals if it happened. With the September equinox thing cancelled we had booked /cancelled accommodation for different dates that month before the date was firmed  up.  Got a bit fed up doing the premier inn Hokey Cokey. In out in out till we knew it was off! 

I guess depending on the size and who was on … 

30 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Wouldn’t they already have that ? … I do agree though about the lateness of it 

Well that's the point, surely the eagle eyed types on here would have spotted a planning application for such an event going in? Unless they could use the Equinox application...

Either way they'd have six weeks tops to announce, book, sell and build an event. Not happening.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Well that's the point, surely the eagle eyed types on here would have spotted a planning application for such an event going in? Unless they could use the Equinox application...

Either way they'd have six weeks tops to announce, book, sell and build an event. Not happening.

I was saying that the planning permissions would already be in place as its an existing event ... so they wouldn't need to apply for anything ? .... but likelihood very small or 0 because of timescales for logistics that you mention 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I was saying that the planning permissions would already be in place as its an existing event ... so they wouldn't need to apply for anything ? .... but likelihood very small or 0 because of timescales for logistics that you mention 

Ah I see, thought it was something they had to apply for every year.

18 hours ago, panasonic2011 said:

Hi Daniel,

I am afraid we cannot confirm if there will be a Pilton Party this year.
Any news or updates will be posted on our website.

Im sorry we cannot confirm any information at the moment.

Regards, 

Glastonbury Festival

47 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Didn't their recent communication say that they were focusing all attention on Worthy Pastures? I read that as no Equinox or PP. 

I think that’s the way most people took it … although at the time there were a couple of posts suggesting it might not have been .,.. how much focus does Pilton party take ? Wouldn’t that just be a separate team that already do it ? Strangely worded response though  I have to say 

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your email. We don't have any information about the Pilton Party at present. As soon as any update is available it will be posted on the Festival website, so please do keep an eye out, or check back with us at a later date.

Best wishes,

Glastonbury Festival

1 hour ago, panasonic2011 said:

Yes I agree that their response was a bit intriguing so I kinda pushed them for an answer and they still didn't say it isn't happening just to keep an eye out on the website.  Surely if it wasn't happening then they would just say nope and that's the end of it

Glastonbury festivals Ltd don't run Pilton Party. May be asking the wrong people.

2 hours ago, pilton digger said:

Glastonbury festivals Ltd don't run Pilton Party. May be asking the wrong people.

That's interesting, I'd always assumed it was them, GFL are all over it, ticket sales, advertising, all the usual stuff. Who actually runs it?

On 8/12/2021 at 10:19 PM, westholtschic said:

The Pilton Picnic is on September 4th from 1300-1700

This is the text from the Pilton Show FB ref the Picnic.....I'm kinda guessing the final para refers to the Pilton Party which traditionally takes place on the Friday before the show 😢

PILTON PICNIC, NOT PILTON SHOW!

There will be no traditional Pilton Show this year: instead, the Show Committee invite the village and their friends and families to a day of celebration on the Playing Field.  On Saturday 4th September from 1pm to 5 pm (all stalls open at 2 pm)  bring a picnic, or enjoy delicious food from Brown Cow Organic, or teas and cakes from Pilton W.I.  Terry’s Bar will be busy as usual: there will be children’s activities, entertainments, music, stalls and sideshows but above all the chance for the community to get together again after these strange times (provided rules allow). 
 Plans are still in progress but cannot be confirmed until further government pronouncements in late June.  Check the Show website www.piltonflowershow.org.uk
and Pilton Village Facebook page, as well as the Show Facebook page for further details, including how to enter a Scarecrow competition.
            We regret there now won’t be live music on Friday 3rd, nor a Barn Dance, due to overlap with another local event.  Any queries please contact Jenny on 01749 890465. 
                                                                                Pilton Show Committee

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

This is the text from the Pilton Show FB ref the Picnic.....I'm kinda guessing the final para refers to the Pilton Party which traditionally takes place on the Friday before the show 😢

PILTON PICNIC, NOT PILTON SHOW!

There will be no traditional Pilton Show this year: instead, the Show Committee invite the village and their friends and families to a day of celebration on the Playing Field.  On Saturday 4th September from 1pm to 5 pm (all stalls open at 2 pm)  bring a picnic, or enjoy delicious food from Brown Cow Organic, or teas and cakes from Pilton W.I.  Terry’s Bar will be busy as usual: there will be children’s activities, entertainments, music, stalls and sideshows but above all the chance for the community to get together again after these strange times (provided rules allow). 
 Plans are still in progress but cannot be confirmed until further government pronouncements in late June.  Check the Show website www.piltonflowershow.org.uk
and Pilton Village Facebook page, as well as the Show Facebook page for further details, including how to enter a Scarecrow competition.
            We regret there now won’t be live music on Friday 3rd, nor a Barn Dance, due to overlap with another local event.  Any queries please contact Jenny on 01749 890465
                                                                                Pilton Show Committee

We’ve stayed with Jenny before if it’s who I think it is! Had a great time there