Latitude 2022

Chapple12345

We've gone from: Soon > Very Soon > Soon > Very Soon.

This line-up better be cracking otherwise I'm tempted to consider Green Man.

28 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

6 Music festival has some definite potentials - Johnny Marr, Little Simz, Idles, Wet Leg and Ezra Collective - could also see Self Esteem and Sports Team back after last year

I know its a few months earlier but gives an idea of who's active

Yeah there's some great names on there, if it was in Manchester, Liverpool or Leeds I'd contemplate buying a ticket for one of the days.

Sports Team and Self Esteem could be booked for the tent, think they'd work better there than the main stage.

Johnny Marr could do an afternoon slot a la Supergrass or could be booked to sub.

Idles or Simz would headline the tent most likely, and I don't think there's room for them this year.

I don't know much about Ezra Collective, either mid main stage or high up tent maybe.

Hope Wet Leg are booked again, been trying for tickets for their Manchester gig for ages with no luck. My biggest regret at Latitude 2021 was not getting there early enough. I turned up 15 minutes before and got in a huge queue that didn't really move so I couldn't get in. I'd like them to be booked for the tent, and I'll make sure to get a good spot this time.

16 minutes ago, Miyn said:

We've gone from: Soon > Very Soon > Soon > Very Soon.

This line-up better be cracking otherwise I'm tempted to consider Green Man.

Yeah there's some great names on there, if it was in Manchester, Liverpool or Leeds I'd contemplate buying a ticket for one of the days.

Sports Team and Self Esteem could be booked for the tent, think they'd work better there than the main stage.

Johnny Marr could do an afternoon slot a la Supergrass or could be booked to sub.

Idles or Simz would headline the tent most likely, and I don't think there's room for them this year.

I don't know much about Ezra Collective, either mid main stage or high up tent maybe.

Hope Wet Leg are booked again, been trying for tickets for their Manchester gig for ages with no luck. My biggest regret at Latitude 2021 was not getting there early enough. I turned up 15 minutes before and got in a huge queue that didn't really move so I couldn't get in. I'd like them to be booked for the tent, and I'll make sure to get a good spot this time.

We've said it before but them saying about keeping eyes peeled does seems a little more promising for something this week 

Yeah those are some great suggestions for slots, I could see Self Esteem subbing the tent and maybe Simz subbing main stage like Loyle Carner did 2019.

I did have my eye on Johnny Marr as tent headliner against Capaldi as they do usually like an 80s/90s act against younger headliners (Solange/James) 

Wet Leg in the tent would go off completely, definitely think they'll be there 

Let's hope we get our answers soon  - it's interesting that Wireless that is also run by FR haven't even had so much of a date for the festival to take place, maybe all their attention is on R+L for now and we'll get some news just before their next announcement 

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

We've said it before but them saying about keeping eyes peeled does seems a little more promising for something this week 

Yeah those are some great suggestions for slots, I could see Self Esteem subbing the tent and maybe Simz subbing main stage like Loyle Carner did 2019.

I did have my eye on Johnny Marr as tent headliner against Capaldi as they do usually like an 80s/90s act against younger headliners (Solange/James) 

Wet Leg in the tent would go off completely, definitely think they'll be there 

Let's hope we get our answers soon  - it's interesting that Wireless that is also run by FR haven't even had so much of a date for the festival to take place, maybe all their attention is on R+L for now and we'll get some news just before their next announcement 

Wireless is supposedly having 2 weekends now, so it's a bit odd that they haven't said anything about it at all yet.

Definitely think they'll go with a guitar based rock option against Capaldi, whether that's someone like Fontaines or Marr, I don't know. Saw Johnny Marr supporting Courteeners in Manchester last year. Courteeners were good, but Johnny Marr was fantastic, totally upstaged them in my opinion.

The main thing that stops them selling out more quickly is getting the lineup out so late. It means a lot of people have either moved on or decided other plans for the summer, a lot of people have to request leave quite a bit in advance so it definitely has an effect on people.

I think this could be one the longest we've had to wait for a lineup, except last year, but I think that was mostly down to covid and them wanting to make sure it was 100% going ahead before announcing.

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

Definitely think they'll go with a guitar based rock option against Capaldi, whether that's someone like Fontaines or Marr, I don't know. Saw Johnny Marr supporting Courteeners in Manchester last year. Courteeners were good, but Johnny Marr was fantastic, totally upstaged them in my opinion.

I think this could be one the longest we've had to wait for a lineup, except last year, but I think that was mostly down to covid and them wanting to make sure it was 100% going ahead before announcing.

I seem to remember 2017 was quite late  (March time IIRC) and the early years were around then too but last few years have been end of January/start or February so this years is pretty average, I suppose I'm lucky knowing I'll probably go and have kept the weekend free as opposed to others who might want to go to other festivals instead.

Still unsure of who will headline though, more likely Florence for Saturday but no ideas anywhere for Sunday but I know they'll have a few curveballs in there too 

My current guesses now based on who's around are: 

Friday 

Lewis Capaldi - Nile Rodgers and Chic - Celeste 

Johnny Marr - Arlo Parks

Saturday 

Florence and the Machine - Foals (special guests) - Anne Marie 

Fontaines DC - Self Esteem 

Sunday

Sam Fender/London Grammar (co-headline) - Blossoms

Lil Simz - Wet Leg

Maybe too optimistic but it seems reasonable 

1 hour ago, gregory said:

I don’t think anyone has said this yet, but what about Jack White? His tour conveniently ends in Paris on Wed July 20th… 

Definitely possible, just not sure where to put him but if he played he'd either sub or headline Obelisk. Saying that though with the dates we said the same for Haim and now it's looking a less likely they'll play 

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

Definitely possible, just not sure where to put him but if he played he'd either sub or headline Obelisk. Saying that though with the dates we said the same for Haim and now it's looking a less likely they'll play 

He would 100% headline the main stage if he played. I’m not sure if he’s affordable as a solo artist or not, but has the songs to fill a headline slot. 

I think there's a decent chance this could be referring to Latitude. Tim played solo last year and with The Charlatans in 2018, 3rd down Obelisk. Hope it's soon, I want to get excited for some names. The downside of going to Latitude and Glastonbury is that they're usually the last to announce.

However, Y Not tweeted 15 minutes after Tim tweeted, saying that they're announcing names next week. So, I think it's likely that this was what he was referring to:

7 minutes ago, Miyn said:

I think there's a decent chance this could be referring to Latitude. Tim played solo last year and with The Charlatans in 2018, 3rd down Obelisk. Hope it's soon, I want to get excited for some names. The downside of going to Latitude and Glastonbury is that they're usually the last to announce.

However, Y Not tweeted 15 minutes after Tim tweeted, saying that they're announcing names next week. So, I think it's likely that this was what he was referring to:

It's likely they could do both, as you say he has a good relationship and history with the festival, possible tent headliners against Capaldi? He's at Bluedot the same weekend solo so he's definitely active and could do a band performance for Latitude. Im sure the names will be soon enough and it'll be worth the wait 

Yeah alt-J headlining 3 times in 7 festivals isn't the most inspiring choice 

1 hour ago, John L said:

Capaldi, Flo and Foals are my guesses.  Think that would look pretty strong to most?

This is likely but I wonder if they'd have 2 returning headliners in one year

Still thinking Capadli/Florence/London Grammar 

Seems as if Community Festival and R+L are gearing up for announcements too so maybe FR are gonna drop loads of lineups at once 

Anyone else getting these pop up on Facebook? I notice they're actually adverts rather than from the Facebook page and I seem to remember something similar happening last year too just before they released the lineup. Surely a sign of news this week as they wouldn't be advertising for it if tickets weren't going to be available soon 

Screenshot_20220221-122655_Facebook.jpg

44 minutes ago, stanh said:

looks like florence is back and possibly has new music imminent, would be a class headliner

IMG_1067.jpg

Yeah I think she's pretty likely and I'd equally love to see her there too, one of my favourite acts in the world 

I can see it being announced this week along the lines "with the release of her new single and upcoming album we're delighted to welcome Florence and the Machine" makes sense why they've delayed now if they did want to coincide with their big headliner news