news & politics:discussion

zahidf

20 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

he's definitely lost his sheen...and become another one of those politicians in it for themselves (which is a bit unfair to many politicians who really aren't).

I agree, most of them probably are in it to try to help others at least. 

50 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Xenophobia against Russians living in the UK is on the rise.  Sadly predictable.

I left two facebook groups over the weekend as it was just out right racism being aired against anything Russian.

Yea a sad predictability about it. Some folk are stupid

On 3/13/2022 at 9:55 AM, steviewevie said:

Looks like Russian tactics is now to cut off supplies to Ukrainian cities and then bomb ths shit out of them...and eventually Ukrainian govt will have to surrender. Some of those Russian missiles are falling pretty close to Polish border now.

And once Ukraine is taken, then what? Lithuania?

Moldova seems the next logical place  

10 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I think NATO needs to step up its own aggression levels now and we need to consider bringing in the neighbouring countries into the group.  We need to start making our own statements of intent and strength without actively engaging unless forced into it.

Looks like Finland and Sweden are thinking about joining now

28 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I think we have to do something to halt this Russian expansion.  If they don't join NATO out right we have to make it clear to Putin that his own expansion can not continue unmet and any further incursion into other countries will open the door to immediate NATO expansion.

We are either having buffer countries who's independence and neutrality we respect or we are not. 

We do need to start drawing some real red lines here now.  This isn't a time to be shy I feel.  

Completely agree. When you make allowances to a bully they end up taking the piss time and time again. With the struggles the Red Army appears to have, now feels like the ideal time to firmly establish that enough is enough. 

On 3/13/2022 at 1:19 PM, Ozanne said:

Mini-thread. This doesn’t look good at all, hopefully it can gain some traction. 

not sure theres much traction in sins of the father.

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

not sure theres much traction in sins of the father.

although you have to wonder where he got all his wealth from and how he has managed to become such a big player in this country and even became a lord despite British Intelligence warning against it.

But, apparently he does throw a good party.

19 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

I was wondering whether we should go back to Roman times and resolve their differences using gladiators in one on one combat. I for one would pay to see Putin fight a Ukranian politician, for example the Mayor of Kviv, Vitali Klitschko.

but not Zelensky who is tiny and cute.