news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

Sturgeon actually made a good point that it’s very unlikely Starmer would have asked for an apology if the mother wasn’t in there.

True, but isn't that the point that she was there and Sunak should have tempered his language. Starmer pointed that out. 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

This is partly the problem, anything other than perfection will be viewed as a Labour failure and will allow the Tories back in. 

I don't think this is true. Last time Labour were in power they got 3 full terms. It's only really the big recession that changed things cause Brown could have won a 4th before that too.

54 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Hypocritical how?

Also I do not think you are one to talk about aggression Neil.

i'm not the one going round complaining of others while doing worse myself, i leave that idiocy to you.

12 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Sorry, you're going to have to spell this one out for me! That's just gibberish.

you've been complaining about supposed passive aggressive posts by some people, while making clearly aggressive posts yourself.

13 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

explain clearly what I have 

1) complained of others doing 

2)what i do that is worse than 1)

you've been complaining about supposed passive aggressive posts by some people, while making clearly aggressive posts yourself.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

Good point 

That's almost as hypocritical as telling everyone not to fly while wanting to spend my summer on a mega yacht.... oh wait.

Anyway my posts had to be approved for the last week by a mod so there can't have been that much wrong with them 🙂 

12 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I think the ambition is the timeframe, clean energy by 2030 seems very ambitious to me. If the U.K. can get there in that time frame then we’ll have done an incredible job with both public and private sectors working together. 

Labour or Conservative, there is no way this country can achieve clean energy by 2030.  We have motorways full of fossil fuel cars and lorries, 7000 planes in our skies every day and about 50% of our energy still comes from non-renewable sources. Even 28 billion a year won't fix that. 

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Good point 

That's almost as hypocritical as telling everyone not to fly while wanting to spend my summer on a mega yacht.... oh wait.

how long have yacht's been flying???

i'll be going there by train. mr troll

are you too dumb to recognise why flying is bad?

Edited by Neil

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Labour or Conservative, there is no way this country can achieve clean energy by 2030.  We have motorways full of fossil fuel cars and lorries, 7000 planes in our skies every day and about 50% of our energy still comes from non-renewable sources. Even 28 billion a year won't fix that. 

you ever thought of giving it up? you're like the geezer in the traffic jam complaining about it  but not realising that he is the traffic jam.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

you really can't comment on passive aggression when you post stuff like that. 

is your son too dumb to recognise why flying is bad?  were you too dumb when you used to fly to the states?  we've always known flying is bad. 

Just now, stuie said:

is your son too dumb to recognise why flying is bad?  were you too dumb when you used to fly to the states?  we've always known flying is bad. 

hes smart enough to realise, despite being a kid. he's pledged to give it up.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

i'm not the one who complains about it.

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Could we get the thread back on track please 

labour are officially ditching their green pledge today.

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

how long have yacht's been flying???

i'll be going there by train. mr troll

Mega yachts are obviously famous for their green credentials!

First and foremost, owning a megayacht is the most polluting activity a single person can possibly engage in. Abramovich’s yachts emit more than 22,000 tonnes of carbon every year, which is more than some small countries. Even flying long-haul every day of the year, or air-conditioning a sprawling palace, would not get close to those emissions levels.

‘Megayachts’ are environmentally indefensible. The world must ban them | Chris Armstrong | The Guardian

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

you ever thought of giving it up? you're like the geezer in the traffic jam complaining about it  but not realising that he is the traffic jam.

Maybe I will one day but I want to see some of the world first, just like you did.  I don't have kids and I don't eat meat anymore so I'm happy with my carbon trade off. 

Tory's re-writing Labours election manifesto one attack at a time. They must be dying of laughter over at CCHQ. Starmer U-turns more than Theresa May did, and she was basically a spinning top by the end.

Seriously, how are they falling into this trap again? Decade after decade. They're so determined to give the Tory's nothing to attack, there'll be nothing for the non-affiliated public to vote for come the election. If they think 'vote for us because we're not them' will be enough, they're sadly mistaken.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1