news & politics:discussion

zahidf

19 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Soon be time for some honesty and discussion about the damage this is doing … not Sophie Ellis bextor .. Brexit 

IMG_7690.png

Out of interest what's the story before the Brexit one?  It looks like they've mic'ed up her lady bits?

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

That again? You love all that stuff don't you. Anyway not a fan of Mandy either, but not going to throw out dodgy accusations which seems to be your thing.

We’re all happy enough to tolerate the likes of Mandelson now though aren’t we?

Or other really sh*t people like David Evans or Neil Coyle. So long as they don’t believe in nationalising water or that Israel should stop bombing Palestine then they’re sound.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Might be interesting to place the posters on this thread where people see them politically left to right , matiloy , nobody , skip , me , cellar , Stevie / fray , neil , Ozanne , Barry . Lost ? 

Haha I love this... I'm not really sure about matiloy to be honest, it usually seems like he's talking academically in his posts so I never got a real sense of where he actually falls. I reckon Stevie is more left than he comes across.

Nobody, Skip, Crazy, me, Stevie, Fray, Barry, Neil, Ozanne, Lost

I guess based on other peoples rankings matiloy falls somewhere left of Stevie

2 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Or other really sh*t people like David Evans or Neil Coyle. So long as they don’t believe in nationalising water or that Israel should stop bombing Palestine then they’re sound.

ok, fair enough...I mean I don't care about Israel but not nationalising water really is upsetting.

3 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

you know, I'm not sure, but I think I came across you on twatter some time ago. UK bloke living in Sweden having constant fights with people about Corbyn/Starmer/Israel and also posting arty pics of train stations. That you?

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

People making out Ozanne is on the right of this forum because of his unshakeable loyalty to Labour/Starmer is top trolling.

Also, I am more left wing than Crazy. I am willing to fight this to the end.

Ok that’s a date , although don’t think you got Glastonbury tickets this year did you ? I’m due to go to Liverpool and might meet some Manchester mates so I’ll see you on the cycle lanes 🙂 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Ok that’s a date , although don’t think you got Glastonbury tickets this year did you ? I’m due to go to Liverpool and might meet some Manchester mates so I’ll see you on the cycle lanes 🙂 

I'll run you over with my range.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

People making out Ozanne is on the right of this forum because of his unshakeable loyalty to Labour/Starmer is top trolling.

Indeed it is. Looks like cellar was lying earlier on about me influencing his vote, shocking hey.

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe it's just because he comes across as more right wing? To be honest most everyone in the list is pretty centre anyway, but its just a bit of fun...

Although it does remind me of when they get the couples in Married At First Sight to rank the other couples 😂 Just asking for trouble!

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Indeed it is. Looks like cellar was lying earlier on about me influencing his vote, shocking hey.

No idea how you made that correlation, but maybe it's just time to let it go 😉

(You're incorrect again by the way)

24 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

you know, I'm not sure, but I think I came across you on twatter some time ago. UK bloke living in Sweden having constant fights with people about Corbyn/Starmer/Israel and also posting arty pics of train stations. That you?

Dont think so. I have also come across another british leftist based on Stockholm on twitter though - he had the name rödlök for a while which means Red Onion in swedish.

I havent seen him on there for a while. I can have unfollowed him. It may surprise you to know that I find a lot of hardline Corbynistas a bit tedious tbh.

On twitter i am @alan_mc_dente if you’re curious.

I think you’ll be underwhelmed. I am an occasional retweeter but mainly a lurker. Its been a while since i was in a slagging match there.

Edited by mattiloy

3 minutes ago, cellar said:

I'm happy to leave it there, till you next decide to make something up anyway.

16 minutes ago, cellar said:

Maybe it's just because he comes across as more right wing? To be honest most everyone in the list is pretty centre anyway, but its just a bit of fun...

Although it does remind me of when they get the couples in Married At First Sight to rank the other couples 😂 Just asking for trouble!

Yeah absolutely a bit of fun , just interesting to see where people put people based on posts , no accuracy to it , all personal opinion . 

17 minutes ago, cellar said:

Actually, I dunno why I brought it back up to be honest, sorry. Lets move on hey.

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yeah absolutely a bit of fun , just interesting to see where people put people based on posts , no accuracy to it , all personal opinion . 

I have to be careful what I say from now on. Need to move left for the rep.

f**king hate Starmer the tory nonce.

I think if we did one of those questionnaires, everybody in this thread would fall to the left of the Labour party anyway.

Most of the quarrel comes down to the fact that the electoral system means the choice is usually between quite sh*t and very sh*t. And then there are some who believe the best strategy is to settle for quite sh*t, and some who believe that by endlessly settling you tacitly condone the choice and it just goes on and on in perpetuity getting either rapidly worse, or less rapidly worse. Unless we get a hung parliament and we get PR. So vote green ✌️ 

Edited by mattiloy
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

I think if we did one of those questionnaires, everybody in this thread would fall to the left of the Labour party anyway.

Most of the quarrel comes down to the fact that the electoral system means the choice is usually between quite sh*t and very sh*t. And then there are some who believe the best strategy is to settle for quite sh*t, and some who believe that by endlessly settling you tacitly condone the choice and it just goes on and on in perpetuity getting either rapidly worse, or less rapidly worse. Unless we get a hung parliament and we get PR. So vote green ✌️ 

Yeah that's kinda what I was saying earlier, because of FPTP you quite often aren't lucky enough to vote for the party that best aligns to your view. You have to vote for the least worst option, especially if you want to get the Tories out.

PR is the way forward and is more democratic. I hope that if Labour win the next election then heading into 2029 GE they put PR in their manifesto as a way to secure the votes of people that want it then implement it in the next Parliament before the Tories have a chance to come back in with a majority.

Actions speak louder, etc - I've been in a union all my adult life. I've marched with and collected for the miners. Same with the sacked GCHQ workers. I've been on strike 4 times & always been on the picket line. As far as I'm concerned, I'm very left wing.

Having said that, I'm backing Starmer, 'cos he's just got to be miles better than the shower of c**ts we've had to suffer for the last 13 years, right?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This quote about insanity being doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I dont want to be 30 years from now, in my 60s, at the end of another 13 year Tory shitshow begrudgingly voting for another ham faced Blair tribute act so that I can get my free bus pass a year earlier or whatever the f**k. Its just not good enough. If you want things to change, you can’t passively accept whatever old shite they serve you up 

Edited by mattiloy

2 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

This quote about insanity being doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I dont want to be 30 years from now, in my 60s, at the end of another 13 year Tory shitshow begrudgingly voting for another ham faced Blair tribute act so that I can get my free bus pass a year earlier or whatever the f**k. Its just not good enough. If you want things to change, you can’t passively accept whatever old shite they serve you up 

You'll be a Tory 30 years from now. Happens to all of us. It's happening to me.

Only joking, I am very very left wing. Extreme leftie.