news & politics:discussion

zahidf

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I get that it is all sus how the Jews took land from Palestinians, the balfour thing and zionist terrorists and all that....but isn't it a bit rich criticising when europeans colonised, displaced and murdered loads and loads a century or so ago...the Americas, Australia etc etc?

Anyway. Happy Christmas. Let's hope no Christians get killed in Gaza today or maybe America really will have to call for a ceasefire.

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I get that it is all sus how the Jews took land from Palestinians, the balfour thing and zionist terrorists and all that....but isn't it a bit rich criticising when europeans colonised, displaced and murdered loads and loads a century or so ago...the Americas, Australia etc etc?

Anyway. Happy Christmas. Let's hope no Christians get killed in Gaza today or maybe America really will have to call for a ceasefire.

The whole world's a mess in my opinion. Always has been, and probably always will be. Capitalism, desire for power, religion, greed etc are all the ingredients needed to create such a mess. I don't have any solutions, but do think it's a shame. We could all be living more equally and in peace. However, we just keep making the same old mistakes.*

Anyway, I don't know enough about politics to be on this thread, really. I only posted that because I have been told that it's very powerful and offers insight. I haven't seen it myself, but it has been on in the background a number of times, so I have seen other people's reactions to it.

* - I hate all management speak, with the exception of this one;

'If you always do what you always did, then you'll always get what you always got'. 

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

We could all be living more equally and in peace. However, we just keep making the same old mistakes.*

Even if/when some try, we just get told “that’ll never work”. Well how the f**k do they know when they won’t even try?

It’s deliberate, keeps those in power in control and those with money get to keep the money. 

Power isn’t about politics, it’s about controlling money, resources and the means of production 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Even if/when some try, we just get told “that’ll never work”. Well how the f**k do they know when they won’t even try?

It’s deliberate, keeps those in power in control and those with money get to keep the money. 

Power isn’t about politics, it’s about controlling money, resources and the means of production 

You have

To Hit the Nail on the Head

44 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

looks like Israel are pushing for a one state solution.

two states only works with a peaceful Palestinian state that isn't throwing bombs over the border.