news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Protests attract counter protests.  It’s a product of protest and why the police asked them not to do this today.  The person who time and time again demonstrates themselves as not getting it and being a bit wet behind the ears is you, at best.

It seems to me that armistice. Day is the perfect day to protest for peace. Some people are more bothered about people dying now than those who’ve been dead for years. 

France banned protests… didn’t work out! 

https://x.com/_sjpeace_/status/1720855046957441075?s=46

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lots of people think you shouldn't share platforms with racists. Lots of people think you should listen when minority groups say what they think is racist and when they feel intimidated. Lots of people today happy to march alongside open racists, celebrating a terrorist group opening calling for a minority group to be destroyed and not bothered when their chants are distressing to that minority group.

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Please call an election. 

yeah, like that will happen. If judges rule against Rwanda plan then maybe they could use that as part of their election battle, we want to stop the boats but lefty lawyers are stopping us. No way they will hold an election now, some polls have Labour with double the vote Tories have...that's wipeout territory.

51 minutes ago, stuie said:

It seems to me that armistice. Day is the perfect day to protest for peace. Some people are more bothered about people dying now than those who’ve been dead for years. 

France banned protests… didn’t work out! 

https://x.com/_sjpeace_/status/1720855046957441075?s=46

I have said this before. Armistice Day is a perfect day for people to protest for peace. 

19 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Peace while wearing your best Hamas fancy dress?

The overwhelming majority were there for peace, not Hamas. But you already know that, Barry. 

47 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, like that will happen. If judges rule against Rwanda plan then maybe they could use that as part of their election battle, we want to stop the boats but lefty lawyers are stopping us. No way they will hold an election now, some polls have Labour with double the vote Tories have...that's wipeout territory.

I’m not so sure about that, first stage is the Supreme Court next week and then we’ll see what they do. 21st Dec would be the election date.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m not so sure about that, first stage is the Supreme Court next week and then we’ll see what they do. 21st Dec would be the election date.

nah, really can't see it. Why would they hold a snap election on an issue that not that many people are bothered about and when labour have a 20+ point lead? Not happening. What I can see happening is Braverman losing her job pretty soon, and then Sunak delaying next election as long as poss in hope economy picks up and something comes along that f**ks labour.

Edited by steviewevie

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

nah, really can't see it. Why would they hold a snap election on an issue that not that many people are bothered about and when labour have a 20+ point lead? Not happening. What I can see happening is Braverman losing her job pretty soon, and then Sunak delaying next election as long as poss in hope economy picks up and something comes along that f**ks labour.

Because they have no other half decent options, the economy isn’t really going to improve in a way that people will notice. It might be worth the punt for them. 

22 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

There was lots of chants of the river to the sea and a lot of Hamas fancy dress.  How many have to do it before its not all about peace ?  Labour Mp walking hand in hand with a man who loves Hamas.

And thousands upon thousands of people who just want the killing to stop. 

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

despite the odd bit of pro Hamas or racist stuff posted online the protest seems to have been very peaceful, so Braverman got that wrong, but what she managed to do is incite a far right mob. She needs to go.

To prison

Far-right protesters shouting 'England 'til I die' clash with police - as Rishi Sunak condemns 'violent' scenes

Suella Braverman is facing accusations of inflaming tensions after accusing the police of "playing favourites" when they resisted pressure to ban a march pressing for a ceasefire in the Israel-Hamas conflict.

These are the real racist ignorant twats

https://news.sky.com/story/fighting-reported-as-people-shouting-england-til-i-die-try-to-reach-cenotaph-13005216

8 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So you would agree the terrorist fancy dress doesn't help with that imagine ?   It wasn't just a handful by all accountants.  

Do you think the Labour MP helped ? 

What exactly is "terrorist fancy dress"?

How does a "terrorist" dress? 

I'm guessing, in your opinion, it'll be someone wearing traditional Arabic clothing. Am I right?