news & politics:discussion

zahidf

The USA

Debt limit isn't going to be increased, meaning the us govt us out of money and will mostly to shutdown 

It will then default in it's debts and the world economy will crash.

You read it here first

8 hours ago, Neil said:

this is the end of spaffer. 

It seems like the tory party is going to take a leaf out of Starmer's playbook and attempt to purge the party ahead of the election.

It can't be too long now before the standards committee report back on Johnson? I might need to pop down the shop and investigate how inflation has affected the price of popcorn.

8 hours ago, Neil said:

France has banned internal flights. About time we did the same cos there's no need for anyone to fly those short distances when other decent travel options are available.

Have you ever travelled from Brighton to Edinburgh? Flying costs half the price and takes a fraction of the time.

Depends on what part of the country you are in I guess! Going through London on a train = automatic premium.

1 minute ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Have you ever travelled from Brighton to Edinburgh? Flying costs half the price and takes a fraction of the time.

rail costs a fraction of the environment and takes a fraction of the me-me-me?

6 hours ago, Neil said:

The USA

Debt limit isn't going to be increased, meaning the us govt us out of money and will mostly to shutdown 

You read it here first

then Trump will get in and Russia will invade europe.

8 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Depends on what part of the country you are in I guess! Going through London on a train = automatic premium.

France hasn’t actually banned internal flights, they’ve banned them for journeys that can be done in under 2.5 hrs I think it is. By my understanding Brighton to Ed would be fine with that stipulation 

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

It’s easy to get on the moral high horse but are you honestly telling me you’ve never take a flight for journey that could be done by train or bus?

honestly - never, out of choice i've not flown since 2002.

41 minutes ago, Neil said:

honestly - never, out of choice i've not flown since 2002.

Fair enough. I’m actually at an airport right now waiting to go to Korea. it’s not something I’d give up. 

Even domestically, I’ll happily do glasgow to London on train but to go to glasto I’m flying to Bristol cause it takes a hideous length of time to do that journey on train or bus 

11 hours ago, Neil said:

The USA

You read it here first

The Great Reset