news & politics:discussion

zahidf

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I really wish we could have a general election now

For that to happen we’d need about 20 MPs to cross the floor and then get all the opposition parties together for a VONC in the government. 

And it still might not be enough to get rid of them. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

For that to happen we’d need about 20 MPs to cross the floor and then get all the opposition parties together for a VONC in the government. 

Isn’t it just under 40 to vote against their government? It wouldn’t happen but you never know, if it’s the only way for them to get Johnson out then who knows. 

I do wonder if there is a point that the poll deficit becomes too much of an issue and it forces their hand .... I guess its more likely that we wait until local elections .... but acting now would save them going any lower ... ( if thats possible ) there must be some kind of threshold 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I do wonder if there is a point that the poll deficit becomes too much of an issue and it forces their hand .... I guess its more likely that we wait until local elections .... but acting now would save them going any lower ... ( if thats possible ) there must be some kind of threshold 

yeah, that...and what they're hearing from their constituents. It seems some tory voters are very unhappy and want boris out, and some who think that ok he did wrong but he's done a lot of good things too so cut him some slack and move on.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, that...and what they're hearing from their constituents. It seems some tory voters are very unhappy and want boris out, and some who think that ok he did wrong but he's done a lot of good things too so cut him some slack and move on.

yeah very much ... a lady at badminton last night was very much in the move on and poor Boris camp hes working hard .... meanwhile 2 colleagues and staunch Tories wont be voting Tory while hes still PM ... and said his display in the HOC was embarrassing 

45 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I know a couple of coppers.  Their humour tends to be quite dark as a sort of shield against the job they do and the shit they see and have to deal with on a daily basis.

I think the same way how when a group of lads start having a beer and saying "stuff" to each other - i doubt it reflect what they truly think and feel.

I wonder what Wayne Couzens truly thought and felt.

Even if for some this can genuinely be just sick humour, there should be a zero tolerance policy for this kind of thing. When monsters hear back exactly the kind of thing they think and feel from their peers it can only embolden them.

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Starmer can call a Motion of No Confidence whenever he likes and I can't undertand why he doesn't. He won't win it of course, but with the majority the Tories have, it might tempt a few to vote for or abstain as a protest against Johnson, knowing that it won't affect the outcome. It will also keep the issue firmly in the headlines and pressure on the Government.

20 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I wonder what Wayne Couzens truly thought and felt.

Even if for some this can genuinely be just sick humour, there should be a zero tolerance policy for this kind of thing. When monsters hear back exactly the kind of thing they think and feel from their peers it can only embolden them.

just banter etc

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I tried to see how much it was (out of curiosity not that I wanted to sign up) but it asked for my email first and I cba to give him my details. 

This is where a back up email that isn’t connected to any of your personal information is useful although I still wouldn’t use my home PC to access any site connected to DC. A strong VPN would be the minimum requirement before attempting to see what is on his site. 

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I tried to see how much it was (out of curiosity not that I wanted to sign up) but it asked for my email first and I cba to give him my details. 

It's £10 a month.

I'd like to point out I do not subscribe - I'm not giving that slimy c**t a penny of my money - I got that information from a guardian article that someone posted on here a few days ago.