Long time no see...

FuzzyDunlop

2 hours ago, circus92 said:

I haven't been on here that long and this was to have been my first Glasto, so I was really looking forward to the build up on here and for obvious reasons that has been trashed this year.  I had really been enjoying this site and it has been really sad to see all the excitement gradually disappear and also some of the regulars disappear, so it is fantastic to see people starting to reappear like @FuzzyDunlop , @Supernintendo Chalmers and @Charm.  Sorry if I have left anyone out, but even though I don't know you, you all help to make this place what it is, so it is really great to have you back.

Keep positive and lets all look forward to 2021 once we get this week out of the way.

Your first Glastonbury is a wonderful thing. So sorry you’ve had it stolen from you this year. I’m pretty sure the next one will be extra special and I promise its worth the wait. 
Charm x

• Upvote 1

I’ve taken some time away too, now that it’s getting close I can’t help but feel a bit sad at what should have been this week. I’ll try and enjoy the weather and listen to some coverage. This year has truly been awful hasn’t it! Trying to look for the silver linings! 

Thanks for the messages everyone. Im out of upvotes. Hopefully everyone feeling a bit blue will improve. There are a lot of people finding things tough. You are not alone. 

I havent been feeling quite like myself for a while, probably since about November ish & it isnt Glastonbury related or even COVID-19 related. I have felt for a while that I have lost my "spark". 

I've kicked the drink & drugs in the main too at the moment. I've had a few drinks in lockdown, but it's been a couple of cans at a Friday night zoom party. Nothing more. I havent been "drunk" since February. Whilst the country seem to have got pissed in lockdown- I've tried to sober up! Ive never been someone who drank constantly, just someone who hit it hard when I did. Excess or nothing.. Im 36 & I am trying to grow up! Which is a frightening thought.

As for the festival week. I just feel a bit miffed at the moment. Glastonbury has been such a huge part of my life for the last 11 years, my one true escape. It's a Friends birthday on Saturday. We were supposed to have it with McCartney. Instead I've decided to go up to theirs for a few drinks.

@Gnomicide - I cant lie I looked at the weather & thought "that sounds horrible".

@giantkatestacks - Have a drink for me! Hope you feel better soon

@Sasperella - Re work - I say it's been a lockdown, but I managed to blag it really. Ive been into the office every day. Someone had to be & I volunteered. We did lose a member of my team to Covid in May. As his manager Ive had to deal with his family etc. Which had been pretty upsetting.

@Supernintendo Chalmers - I completely understand your analogy. Hope you are feeling 100%. Take care

Sorry to those I missed out, but there were quite a few. Your comments were appreciated.

I will be back on here at some point, you wont be getting rid of me that easily

Hope everyone has a good week & enjoys the festival week the best they can.

See you all soon

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Upvote 2

the friendly faces will be here whenever people decide to return .... thats what this site does well .... take that time out that you all need and come back stronger for 2021 ... we will be here ready to welcome you back each time ...

Edited by crazyfool1

4 hours ago, circus92 said:

I haven't been on here that long and this was to have been my first Glasto, so I was really looking forward to the build up on here and for obvious reasons that has been trashed this year.  I had really been enjoying this site and it has been really sad to see all the excitement gradually disappear and also some of the regulars disappear, so it is fantastic to see people starting to reappear like @FuzzyDunlop , @Supernintendo Chalmers and @Charm.  Sorry if I have left anyone out, but even though I don't know you, you all help to make this place what it is, so it is really great to have you back.

Keep positive and lets all look forward to 2021 once we get this week out of the way.

Your first Glasto is an amazing experience so it must be awful to get that precious ticket only to have it transferred to next year. All I would say is that it will be even more incredible for you to walk through the gate next summer. This place will keep the excitement levels up until then! 

Dont know if it’s accurate but I’ve noticed some of our overseas posters havnt been on as often as usual since the cancellation.  Hope everyone no matter what corner of the world you hail from are ok and make it over next year.  

6 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I have a phobia of dogs.... no joke! Thanks for the thought though.

Oh I am so sorry. I’m looking to buy a puppy for my parents as they have moved into a new house, Welsh Springer or maybe a Retriever, they are the loviest dogs. They do like to jump up on people to say hello but other than that they are the most docile things going, useless as a guard dog! Really no need to be scared of gun dog breeds, they do bark but that’s due to their instinctive nature of sounding out birds & bringing their masters to a shoot if they can’t bring it back to them.

I had a phobia of cats for a while. My cousin said his cat liked his belly rubbed for a laugh & it attached itself to my face, claws out, Alien face hugger style. It’s surprising how far you can kick a cat over a fence.

13 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Oh I am so sorry. I’m looking to buy a puppy for my parents as they have moved into a new house, Welsh Springer or maybe a Retriever, they are the loviest dogs. They do like to jump up on people to say hello but other than that they are the most docile things going, useless as a guard dog! Really no need to be scared of gun dog breeds, they do bark but that’s due to their instinctive nature of sounding out birds & bringing their masters to a shoot if they can’t bring it back to them.

I had a phobia of cats for a while. My cousin said his cat liked his belly rubbed for a laugh & it attached itself to my face, claws out, Alien face hugger style. It’s surprising how far you can kick a cat over a fence.

I used to have a brown and white English springer spaniel. I didn't want a dog at all but had to step in when I knew that the fate of the dog was for it to be put down. It was a lovely dog, but as mad as a box of frogs. I once let it off in a park with a lake in it in Birmingham and saw it just run away from me and jump in to the lake and swim out to try to catch the ducks in the lake, barking incessantly all the time. While this was going on I saw a young lad on his bike cycling along looking at my dog swimming and barking. Once he passed a level view of my dog, the young lad turned his head around to continue looking back at my dog and her activities in the lake. That was the young lads big mistake. He was no longer watching where he was going, and I just stood there from a far distance as I saw him and his bike drop off the edge and in to the lake, completely submerged. Fortunately he was able to get himself and his bike out. I did feel rather guilty about the poor lad's condition and plight home.