The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've no idea where that field is and I wasn't at the festival in 2011, so it was a bit of a guess!

SO71 was in Holts (not West), approximately where The Spaceport / Glade Cafe have been in more recent years.

It felt really out of place.

15 minutes ago, incident said:

SO71 was in Holts (not West), approximately where The Spaceport / Glade Cafe have been in more recent years.

It felt really out of place.

I thought it also felt rather sad.

Are you sure it's William's Field and not William's Green you mean?

46 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

I thought it also felt rather sad.

Are you sure it's William's Field and not William's Green you mean?

william's field.

The stage was a one-time-only thing.

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

Any chance you could tell us where 'William's Field' is or was?  We're all scratching our heads to place it here 🤔

Hang on.....I think William's Field is up behind Strummer Stone and Dragon Field.  No idea of a stage there once though.

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

Any chance you could tell us where 'William's Field' is or was?  We're all scratching our heads to place it here 🤔

nowadays it's Shangri-la crew camping, the field between the dragon field and the fence.

(Just to be clear, it was an 'official' stage in that field just the one year, and not an adhoc one)

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Are we allowing googling? I think it might be that place where Inner Sense Percussion Orchestra played one year.

I’m guessing Neil is not about ... perhaps wait until the morning for a clue ... I don’t think even if anyone gets it right we will find out until morning anyway 

5 hours ago, Neil said:

nowadays it's Shangri-la crew camping, the field between the dragon field and the fence.

(Just to be clear, it was an 'official' stage in that field just the one year, and not an adhoc one)

I think its the field where Wallys bar is these days?

I used to camp in there quite often.

Was the stage the chapel of love and hate?i seem to remember it was very nearby. 

12 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Are we allowing googling? I think it might be that place where Inner Sense Percussion Orchestra played one year.

I don't recognise that bandname (and its not on the efests lineups page for that year) but that sounds like the sort of bandname which might have played on the stage I'm referring to.

I'm really quite surprised that this has stumped everyone. I guess it wasn't the easiest question but I thought one of you Glasto nerds would have known it. I'm surprised as well that few knew the field name.

Edited by Neil

8 hours ago, fullerlove said:

I think its the field where Wallys bar is these days?

I used to camp in there quite often.

Was the stage the chapel of love and hate?i seem to remember it was very nearby. 

I'm not 100% sure where Wallys is, but I think so, yeah.

as far as I can remember the chapel was always the other side of the hedge in the LV field, tho it's possible I'm wrong about that.

1 minute ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

It had loads of classic Free Festival bands on. Convoy stage or something similar.

that might have happened with an adhoc unofficial stage pre-2000 using the old canvas wangos stage, I'm not sure.

It's not the year i'm on about, where the stage was the purple wangos stage.

6 hours ago, Neil said:

that might have happened with an adhoc unofficial stage pre-2000 using the old canvas wangos stage, I'm not sure.

It's not the year i'm on about, where the stage was the purple wangos stage.

any more clues ? otherwise I think this might go on over the weekend ? :)