The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

correct ... there were most definitely tears ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-48799241

Missed out last year but think I remember it being reported on local TV. 

Right then.....easy one....who played on the Pyramid immediately before the Style Council's headline set in 1985?

9 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Good man 👍

Emily came on aged just 5 before Style Council and played Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on her violin 🎻

You're up! 

Thanks. I did have the lightbulb moment before you said the closer to home bit. 

OK. What year did Carter USM headline the pyramid and what did they fire into the crowd (and by all accounts got into bother for it)

54 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

1992 Carter Rubber Balls

Close enough- I believe it was tennis balls

I understood also that they fell out with Michael as due to a previous band over-running they had their set cut short.

Was a massive Carter fan (still am) and really wanted to go in 92 on the back of it but couldn't find anyone to go with (oh for efestivals in those days)- only took me 11 years after that to get there!

Edited by dondo

Thanks Dondo.

One of my absolute stand out acts at Glastonbury over many years was a non-musician.  He was a juggler, originally from Canada, who performed on the Outside Theatre Stage and would take on the challenge of juggling whatever the audience threw down for him to use.  So he'd juggle a mix of objects together that could range from a camping chair to a packet of cigarettes.  As well as  being a superb juggler he was very witty.

If you've ever seen him you won't forget him.  Who was he?

8 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Thanks Dondo.

One of my absolute stand out acts at Glastonbury over many years was a non-musician.  He was a juggler, originally from Canada, who performed on the Outside Theatre Stage and would take on the challenge of juggling whatever the audience threw down for him to use.  So he'd juggle a mix of objects together that could range from a camping chair to a packet of cigarettes.  As well as  being a superb juggler he was very witty.

If you've ever seen him you won't forget him.  Who was he?

Not a scooby......I've even googled and can't find this 😟