The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

We're not really supposed to be Googling unless the questioner allows it. It would make the quiz a bit easy if we could search for the answers. Personally I've not been Googling, unless I'm desperate to know, at which point I've considered myself our of the race. It is cheating really.

Having said that, you have thought of a question, waddya say @crazyfool1? You did say "avoid", which isn't quite an outright ban. You should probably be the adjudicator since you started the thread.

I don't think anyone is that bothered, I'm not sure if it came over badly, hard to tell on text sometimes. As you say, lockdown does get to you 🙂

as above will go with @Simsy new question .and ... @grumpyhacks old one .... but GH has a one round yellow card as he already knows the answer  ( im not worried either but we can carry on ) :) 

4 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

OK, my go again. 

When was the first Glastonbury Festival held, and I don't mean that young pretender held at Worthy Farm 😁

If the Worthy Farm event is the young pretender do you mean the festivals that started in 1914 and ran to the mid twenties?

1 hour ago, grumpyhack said:

Who wrote:

'Love to faults is always blind;

Always is to joy inclin'd,

Lawless, wing'd and unconfin'd,

And breaks all chains from every mind.'

This could be one for Simsy.

Is there another Simsy around here?

26 minutes ago, MrHew said:

glastonburyfestivals.co.uk run by Neil Efestivals 

I used to be a regular poster back in those days, under the name of Pixie if I remember right. 

Indeed it was!  I have to admit I abandoned lurking on these forums when the new official forums turned up, but didn't take me that long to come back with my tail between my legs when I realised that virtual festivals et al were all a bit rubbish.

Over to you. 

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Indeed it was!  I have to admit I abandoned lurking on these forums when the new official forums turned up, but didn't take me that long to come back with my tail between my legs when I realised that virtual festivals et al were all a bit rubbish.

Over to you. 

I hung around in all of them for a while but slowly stopped looking at the others and stayed 'home.

Hmm, another question, I'm not feeling very inspired...

What is the name of the awesome Ale Bar in the Acoustic field?