When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, stuie said:

I guess when masks/face coverings are compulsory they can let more (usual amount) of people in store? 

everyone should still be sanitising though! 

They’re not compulsory yet though, and all the measures are gone, apart from screens at the tills.

Apparently it’s the same in other tesco extras too, not just my local.

Edited by FestivalJamie

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

They’re not compulsory yet though, and all the measures are gone, apart from screens at the tills.

Apparently it’s the same in other tesco extras too, not just my local.

I noticed in my local co-op they have removed the traffic light counter at door which lets you know if shop at capacity and the one way system

Still have screens and not all staff wear masks, in particular the ones stocking the shelves

3 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I noticed in my local co-op they have removed the traffic light counter at door which lets you know if shop at capacity and the one way system

Still have screens and not all staff wear masks, in particular the ones stocking the shelves

I went by a co-op yesterday and they still had the traffic lights.

So strange the inconsistencies between different stores and how some measures are being removed in some places but staying in others, and the pandemic isn’t over.

I wish more staff would start wearing masks.

we will have to see what the 24th brings as to wether staff will be wearing masks or not ..... im hoping most companies do it as best practise ... my company have made colleagues wear masks / visors in Scotland , so im hoping they follow this in England too .... not had any response to my email though :( 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

we will have to see what the 24th brings as to wether staff will be wearing masks or not ..... im hoping most companies do it as best practise ... my company have made colleagues wear masks / visors in Scotland , so im hoping they follow this in England too .... not had any response to my email though :( 

Manager in my local sainsburys said they all "have to wear them" from next week, and that the store is providing them. Not sure if company wide or just that store. 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Manager in my local sainsburys said they all "have to wear them" from next week, and that the store is providing them. Not sure if company wide or just that store. 

that fills me with some confidence .... I think its the way we will go ... but ive seen nothing to confirm that as yet ...... our store have provided shields for those that wanted them ...  but I think they ran out !!  its likely to be company wide for Sainsbury's then ... dont  think that decision would happen at a store level 

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Fingers crossed for you.

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

That’s good to me, sounds like it could be a company wide decision, hopefully.

13 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Cases and deaths higher than this time last week. How they can say the R is 0.7-0.9 and lift Leicester lockdown is beyond me 😔

Boris said under 1,000 per day for last 3 weeks is good - I think this is the measure indefinitely to be honest 

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

How so?

Wales only had 1 death today and Scotland 0, meaning there's been 100+ deaths in England today. 17 of them were in English hospitals. 

Total deaths today was 114 so that means there were 96 deaths in care homes, private homes and other settings in England today?

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

How so?

something to do with reporting  .... ive lost it now .... we report deaths in England where covid has been diagnosed more than 28 days prior ... while they dont in others nations of the uk ... where's that article gone ?!!

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

something to do with reporting  .... ive lost it now .... we report deaths in England where covid has been diagnosed more than 28 days prior ... while they dont in others nations of the uk ... where's that article gone ?!!

I know what you mean. He could be right, I’m not entirely sure to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

This is from The Guardian:

In Scotland, there is a 28-day cut-off, after a patient who has tested positive is not automatically considered to have died from the virus. Northern Ireland also uses the 28-day cut-off model.

Experts had already cautioned against relying too heavily on the daily death statistics – preferring instead to focus on the Office for National Statistics’ measure of excess deaths, which has passed 65,000.

So yeah it could be that issue still causing death figures to fluctuate. 

• Upvote 1