Queue Times

Jack.194

2 minutes ago, HattersBoy said:

What time does Worthy View open and are there no queues at all from the start? Am looking to get there at 9am just wondered how long till we're all set up and ready to get onto the site.

8am last I remember.... Last year we got there about 11am and was only about 4 rows back from the front of the car park. So doubt there was any queue at all besides the first bunch in at 8am. WV is quite odd, because people can turn up any time and not worry about a spot to pitch a tent you get a lot of people turning up late in the day or Thursday. 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

8am last I remember.... Last year we got there about 11am and was only about 4 rows back from the front of the car park. So doubt there was any queue at all besides the first bunch in at 8am. WV is quite odd, because people can turn up any time and not worry about a spot to pitch a tent you get a lot of people turning up late in the day or Thursday. 

OK great sounds good to me, not rushing to get there and no queue when we're there unless there a repeat of the 2016 queues everywhere

19 hours ago, Havors said:

Is there an advantage to getting there early on the Wednesday and getting a spot towards the front of the car park, e.g. is it nearer to the tents so less distance to carry your gear?

Does being at the front mean that you're at the back of the queue to exit on Monday so it'll take longer to get out? 

1 minute ago, Johnnyseven said:

Is there an advantage to getting there early on the Wednesday and getting a spot towards the front of the car park, e.g. is it nearer to the tents so less distance to carry your gear?

Does being at the front mean that you're at the back of the queue to exit on Monday so it'll take longer to get out? 

If you get there morning or midday on the wednesday you wont be far from the WV gate... say a max of ten rows back from experience. Then once in the gate your tents arent far... the furthest from the entrance would be say 5-10 mins walk.... 

Also, never queued to get out on the monday either. Leaving at approx 11am ish

As I have mentioned it is just a completely different experience than camping on site. It's a god send.... im passed all the trekking and pitching your own tent in the pissing down rain and having people pass out on your tent haha :D 

5 minutes ago, Havors said:

having people pass out on your tent haha :D 

This happened to my tent in CV East Quiet one year. Came back at the end of the night with my wife to find someone actually asleep on top of my tent. He wasn't happy when I woke him up, he was wasted and got a bit aggressive, luckily security were stationed nearby and went looking for and caught him. My tent was busted though, he snapped some of the poles, I temporarily fixed them with electrical tape and some spare pegs to last the festival but that was the end of my festival tent - i'd had it for years, it was a great tent!

1 minute ago, Johnnyseven said:

This happened to my tent in CV East Quiet one year. Came back at the end of the night with my wife to find someone actually asleep on top of my tent. He wasn't happy when I woke him up, he was wasted and got a bit aggressive, luckily security were stationed nearby and went looking for and caught him. My tent was busted though, he snapped some of the poles, I temporarily fixed them with electrical tape and some spare pegs to last the festival but that was the end of my festival tent - i'd had it for years, it was a great tent!

Yeah ive seen and had similar events haha! I dont know how they do it? I have been properly wasted but I always find my way to my bed... I dont remember how I got there in the morning but I always get there haha 

10 minutes ago, Havors said:

Yeah ive seen and had similar events haha! I dont know how they do it? I have been properly wasted but I always find my way to my bed... I dont remember how I got there in the morning but I always get there haha 

This guy was well gone, he thought he was at his gran's house and all the camper vans were the houses on her street. It was all fun and games until he got aggressive and tried to start a fight.

2015 - arrived around 1430 by coach to gate A - no queue to get in - no issue getting a space for the tent in River Mead

2017 - arrived around 1000 by car to gate A (parked in pink 54) - queued for 2.5-3 hours - loads of space in Pylon

2019 - arrived around 1500 by car to gate A (parked in pink 57) - no queue to get in - loads of space in Pylon

There were signs saying to go to Gate D (due to earlier issues as noted) but we figured we'd chance it at A and walked right in.

2017 was my first time driving and I was assuming getting there later meant longer queues. It is most definitely the opposite.

I'd not rush to get there in the morning unless you really, really want a certain spot.

Edited by pahqman

54 minutes ago, pahqman said:

I'd not rush to get there in the morning unless you really, really want a certain spot.

Essentially, this ^

By the time noon comes round, the queues are pretty much gone, though Gate A can have moments of business due to an influx of coaches arriving. As for space, there will be plenty but just hardly any in the camps that fill up straight away.

Saying that, it just doesn't feel right not getting there as early as possible.  Even though it's not the optimal way, I just can't not do it

• Upvote 1

Gate D, queued through the night. Got in the queue at 1:30am, drank, had a laugh, was through the gate at 08:30am and fully pitched up in Pennard Hill by 09:45 with 5 tents. 

Met a friend of a friend who left London around 3am in the car, was at Glasto by 5, in the queue for 5:30/6 and still got a space no problem in Pennnard by about 11am!