2021 Headliners

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m assuming Macca is staying on. Losing him on top of the others would be too much.

I wasn’t actually as excited for Macca as the others, it will be great and I’ll love it when I’m in the field but I’ve seen him a few times, including headlining Glastonbury, so I know exactly what to expect from the guy. It slightly dampens the excitement level.

TS & KL not appearing next year is, purely on a selfish point of view great for me as I wasn't planning on watching either...so its like another spin of the headliner roulette machine for me.  

I do wonder if someone already announced might get bumped up to headliner....

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

TS & KL not appearing next year is, purely on a selfish point of view great for me as I wasn't planning on watching either...so its like another spin of the headliner roulette machine for me.  

I do wonder if someone already announced might get bumped up to headliner....

I'd say that's unlikely as it looks like our Pyramid subs are also out of the running for next year.

4 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

No chance that RHCP are headlining before The 1975. 

I’m surprised that discussion about the 1975 has dropped off? As competition dwindles I’m starting to think it may well be their time.

Also there is now a very strong looming threat of Ezra that isn’t getting spoken about much either.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m surprised that discussion about the 1975 has dropped off? As competition dwindles I’m starting to think it may well be their time.

Also there is now a very strong looming threat of Ezra that isn’t getting spoken about much either.

As a fan, even I just don’t think they’d have him back to headline quite yet. And that’s taking in to account my argument that they may just have to book whoever is available - still think they would have other options. It would mean he’s played I think 4 of the last 5 festivals and going from sub to headline in back to back festivals.

Edited by jparx

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I agree. I think the difference though is that the 1975 are ready, right now. They don't need a new album or a couple more hits to do it. 

Ezra, Eilish etc all strike me as acts that need another album to enable them to do it. Although we all said that about Stormzy of course but I feel like that one was pushed through earlier due to the cultural significance/statement it made. It certainly wouldn't be much of a big statement from the festival if Ezra were to headline. 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Doubt they'll book Ezra and The 1975 in the same year, so strap in for Son of Den.

Does

The 1975 / Paul McCartney / George Ezra 

look that off? While it may not be efestivals favourite trio it would be very popular at the festival and all three would pull huge crowds.

I’m guilty of this too but sometimes we need to diverge from a “good efestivals lineup” and a good Glastonbury lineup :P 

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

I agree. I think the difference though is that the 1975 are ready, right now. They don't need a new album or a couple more hits to do it. 

Ezra, Eilish etc all strike me as acts that need another album to enable them to do it. Although we all said that about Stormzy of course but I feel like that one was pushed through earlier due to the cultural significance/statement it made. It certainly wouldn't be much of a big statement from the festival if Ezra were to headline. 

I personally think Ezra is for 2022 myself and it’s definitely the 1975’s time to do it. I’m just making sure we don’t get too complacent and stop talking about Ezra just in case there is a sneak attack :P 

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The buzz around The 1975 seems to have died down a little. They’re still headliner material for sure but they’re not as omnipresent as they were a couple of years ago. If they get the nod so be it, hard to argue against it.

Ezra will be purely down to whether he can get an album and tour ready for next year. Just a hunch but I reckon he, and a few others, will wait until 22. 

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

We’d really be in the doldrums if Noel is bumped up.

Does this mean he's not appearing at all as the other person said all Pyramid sub headliners aren't appearing now...or have I misread it?

Edited by gooner1990

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Does this mean he's not appearing before as the other person said all Pyramid sub headliners aren't appearing now...or have I misread it?

I don’t think he can be ruled out of subbing just yet. Impression I got was that he hadn’t decided on his plans for next year. A few gigs might go but he could easily still do GF.

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Does this mean he's not appearing at all as the other person said all Pyramid sub headliners aren't appearing now...or have I misread it?

The info at the mo is he’s not touring.  His Eden Sessions and Bristol Sounds (I think it was that) shows are not being rearranged

Edited by sisco

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don’t think he can be ruled out of subbing just yet. Impression I got was that he hadn’t decided on his plans for next year. A few gigs might go but he could easily still do GF.

Where did you hear that out of interest? :) 

1 minute ago, sisco said:

The info at the mo is he’s not touring.  His Eden Sessions and Bristol Sounds (I think it was that) shows are not being rearranged

I think he would still do Glastonbury though, he's been very vocal in wanting to do it and he goes to the festival each year anyway. 

I think he will still play. :) 

We can all believe what we want too.  But will he do it as a 1 off show? Not many do.  

Of course it could be that he hasn’t firmed up his touring plans just yet

See my response further up. :) 

I did.  It’s one thing going on the piss, it’s another thing getting the band together and rehearsing all for 1 gig.   Hopefully he’s there as he’s one of my mates must sees (yeah I know) but at the min with that info I’d side that he’s not confirmed at the min

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The buzz around The 1975 seems to have died down a little. They’re still headliner material for sure but they’re not as omnipresent as they were a couple of years ago. If they get the nod so be it, hard to argue against it.

Is COVID not something to do with this though? The lack of being able to perform and releasing an album during a pandemic is tough stuff. I don’t think a lot of people are putting that much energy into following music at the moment.