Sziget 2020

jj200

Untold Festival (Romania) announced yesterday that "mindblowing announcement coming soon". They didn't announce anything yet, it's usually an EDM festival + some pop acts. Last year they also had Robbie Williams. I don't know if they're also going to have Eminem or not.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

Just got a e-mail to say that the prices go up in 2 weeks (3rd March). I am not sure that this means there will be acts announced before this or after it? Anyone know?

Miley Cyrus would be a good addition but she would rank as a headliner. So I do not think she will be added and they will go for the two mentioned. It’s a shame as would make a good sub and I heard she had a great review from Glasto last time she played.  

13 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

Just got a e-mail to say that the prices go up in 2 weeks (3rd March). I am not sure that this means there will be acts announced before this or after it? Anyone know?

Miley Cyrus would be a good addition but she would rank as a headliner. So I do not think she will be added and they will go for the two mentioned. It’s a shame as would make a good sub and I heard she had a great review from Glasto last time she played.  

There must be another annoucement.. and I wont buy tickets without program.. They should release it before ticket increase

Edited by Tripco

The way they have listed the acts suggests they have 5 of the 7 headliners.

In the next group below the headliners they list 9 acts. As there are 14 acts either sub heading the main stage or headlining A38, does this mean we have 5 biggish acts yet to be announced? Who do we think?

1CEAC676-15E2-46F2-8EA2-BA3D5DA1731A.jpeg

Edited by G4 DVS
Mistake

10 minutes ago, G4 DVS said:

In the next group below the headliners they list 9 acts. As there are 14 acts either sub heading the main stage or headlining A38, does this mean we have 5 biggish acts yet to be announced? Who do we think?

I'd guess that the first five are subs and the next four are A38 headliners - there seems quite a clear split of 5/4 or, just possibly, 6/3.

Edited by swelsbyuk

10 minutes ago, G4 DVS said:

If you're saying 5 biggish without Eminem & Shawn Mendes, you seem to be right. Empire of the Sun might be one of them and maybe Two Door Cinema Club as well.

3 minutes ago, G4 DVS said:

So far sources have been confident about Eminem and Shawn Mendes for headline acts. And TDCC for another undercard. 

44 minutes ago, G4 DVS said:

The five on top are headliners 

The others names bellowq  are subheadliners

And the rest below on green will play on A38, Bacardi...

1 minute ago, pompirus said:

Each day you have 4 groups on main stage so 1 headliner et 3 subheadliner even if some names are not too famous or are on tour with some headliners like franck carter last year who was on tour with foo fighters

You can't have 3 sub headliners dude. 🤣

A sub headliner is who plays before the headliner.

1 hour ago, G4 DVS said:

I honestly don't believe Diplo will play in A38. yeah it is big and all, but he will surely follow Major Lazer and that seems like an overkill to put electronic headlining MS, electronic headlining A38, Colosseum, PA and A38 going for their usual electronic schedule. Dunno.

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

I'd guess that the first five are subs and the next four are A38 headliners - there seems quite a clear split of 5/4 or, just possibly, 6/3.

I believe Mark Ronson will be sub-headliner (ridicolous? ridicolous.)

25 minutes ago, thetime said:

Lewis Capaldi? No idea of his standing in Hungary though.

He subs, leaks confirmed it. So far we have ASAP Rocky, Foals, Stormzy, Ronson, Capaldi and Khalid. In that case it would make 6, 7 with 2DCC and we are up for the main 2 lines of the cartel, along with Eminem and Mendes boy

43 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

It was Johnny Marr, The National were playing on another day.

It was Macklemore and the national co-headlining the Saturday. I have the schedule on my wall at home. Johnny Marr played the Tuesday with TOP and foo fighters.

31 minutes ago, dolevshelly said:

i wasnt on main stage that day so i realy dont know who played... but you get my point

I get your point that last year we had 5 outright headliners and 4 co-headliners so to speak, and in 2018 they had 6 outright headliners and 2 co-headliners, but back in 2017 they simply only had 7 headliners. We know they have struggled to book acts this year so wouldn't be surprised if we purely only have 7 headliners and no co-headlines this year, otherwise maybe someone like Miley Cyrus would be likely, but we haven't heard anything from the leakers so Im doubting anything extra than the core 7 headliners at this point (Eminem & Shawn Mendes the last 2).

I think you are right though if there are any days which are going to have people co-headlining it would definitely be the Major Lazer day as Dua, Calvin, Kings of Leon, Eminem, Shawn & The strokes are all big enough to outright headline on their own.

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

It was Macklemore and the national co-headlining the Saturday. I have the schedule on my wall at home. Johnny Marr played the Tuesday with TOP and foo fighters.

I get your point that last year we had 5 outright headliners and 4 co-headliners so to speak, and in 2018 they had 6 outright headliners and 2 co-headliners, but back in 2017 they simply only had 7 headliners. We know they have struggled to book acts this year so wouldn't be surprised if we purely only have 7 headliners and no co-headlines this year, otherwise maybe someone like Miley Cyrus would be likely, but we haven't heard anything from the leakers so Im doubting anything extra than the core 7 headliners at this point (Eminem & Shawn Mendes the last 2).

I think you are right though if there are any days which are going to have people co-headlining it would definitely be the Major Lazer day as Dua, Calvin, Kings of Leon, Eminem, Shawn & The strokes are all big enough to outright headline on their own.

Honestly ASAP Rocky and, to some extents, Foals, could play as co-headliner right now. I mean, we are really ready to state that The 1975 is a bigger band than those two?

Of course, as Foals are matched with KoL we won't call it a co-headlining structure, but still those are relevant names. I honestly wouldn't ask for more, given what's around in that time