Why the move(s)?

4 hours ago, JBarbour said:

4 5 + 6 June 2021. Save the dates. 

It's High Green, mate
Via Hillsborough, please

Christ they’ve booked that miles in advance 

5 minutes ago, Samjones said:

It's at the licence stage at the moment. Still very early. 

25 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

It's at the licence stage at the moment. Still very early. 

Do you know if that's part of a bigger UK tour?

25 minutes ago, baggie92 said:

Do you know if that's part of a bigger UK tour?

All I know at the moment is SJM has an application for 3 nights at Hillsborough Park for what is likely to be Arctic Monkeys. 

22 hours ago, Samjones said:

Presumably a lot of these things end up having to be booked that far in advance behind the scenes, and this is just unusually early in going public.

Either that or presumably after the last minute attempts for a 2018 gig at the park fell through that they're hoping such a long period in advance will make it likelier to go ahead. Possibly.

7 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Presumably a lot of these things end up having to be booked that far in advance behind the scenes, and this is just unusually early in going public.

Either that or presumably after the last minute attempts for a 2018 gig at the park fell through that they're hoping such a long period in advance will make it likelier to go ahead. Possibly.

This is unusually earlier.I think it was a change in the tour plans and SJM pulling the application back in 2018, not many objects/complications. They did festivals at the start of the tour and arenas in the winter.  Saying that some locals still hate Tramlines being there, so a second 3 day event is not going to be received well. 

Edited by JBarbour

I think the Tramlines organisers could object to this, it could potentially have an effect on ticket sales for 2021. AM with a full supporting bill booked by SJM would probably be a better line up than Tramlines/Superstruct could pull. 

Edited by JBarbour

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

This is unusually earlier.I think it was a change in the tour plans and SJM pulling the application back in 2018, not many objects/complications. They did festivals at the start of the tour and arenas in the winter.  Saying that some locals still hate Tramlines being there, so a second 3 day event is not going to be received well. 

True, given they ended up just doing 4 nights at the arena instead.

And yeah presumably Tramlines' promoters are going to be thrilled that one of the biggest bands to come of the city (probably the biggest) is going to be kinda stealing their thunder. Though I remember people got very carried away at the thought AM might play Tramlines itself.

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Though I remember people got very carried away at the thought AM might play Tramlines itself.

That nearly happened. They were approached by the festival for the big anniversary / Hillsborough move year. I think they offered a fair sum of money.  

22 hours ago, JBarbour said:

I think there was gonna be a line up announcement today. Not sure if its still the case. 

Appears not

I assume Tramlines/Truck/Y Not are all saving back their second announcements until they get some news which at least somewhat indicates they might go ahead. If the festivals get cancelled pre-announcement, I guess they can save stuff back for future editions.

17 hours ago, wro_lap said:

I assume Tramlines/Truck/Y Not are all saving back their second announcements until they get some news which at least somewhat indicates they might go ahead. If the festivals get cancelled pre-announcement, I guess they can save stuff back for future editions.

I guess any festivals that might still be going ahead are likely to hold back announcements to a time when they'll drive sales - which isn't now.

People aren't really likely to risk buying a ticket until things start to look better and people start to think festivals might be able to go ahead.

Tramlines is as good as sold out so they've not got much of an issue. Other mid tier events are stuck between a rock and hard place. How long do you leave it, I don't think the people will be snapping up tickets this year even if they allow events to happen late summer. 

They are blindly optimistic the event will go ahead

Edited by JBarbour