Lost Horizons

Skelts

Are they going to be at the festval this year? I haven't seen a  crowdfunder etc to buy wristbands, the website says they will be there, but no other info.

I've been a few times, but last year was the first I got the confidence to undress a bit  🙂

and the showers were great.

7 minutes ago, paulshane said:

Are they going to be at the festval this year? I haven't seen a  crowdfunder etc to buy wristbands, the website says they will be there, but no other info.

They do have a crowdfunder for this year, but it doesn't seem to have got much in the way of attention.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/lost-horizon-spa

• Upvote 1

On 4/30/2023 at 12:58 AM, paulshane said:

I've been a few times, but last year was the first I got the confidence to undress a bit  🙂

and the showers were great.

I've seen a post somewhere form them saying that they will be at Glastonbury, they cancelled some other festivals but would be in Pilton, that was a while ago but I guess we'll see NEXT MONTHS 😁

5 minutes ago, donthaveacoolname said:

I've seen a post somewhere form them saying that they will be at Glastonbury, they cancelled some other festivals but would be in Pilton, that was a while ago but I guess we'll see NEXT MONTHS 😁

Their website says they are only doing Glasto and SGP this year.

30 minutes ago, Supernova. said:

How good are the showers here? Is there ever a queue? Debating paying the weekend ticket price just so I don’t have to queue at the worthy view ones. I’ll be visiting here on the Thursday anyway 

Showers are good and hot but like everything, can have a queue at peak times. You can avoid waiting by having a sauna, if there’s space.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've never got around to visiting lost horizons but it's on my list of things to get to, do you lovely people know if I decide to pay for a one time visit and while there really love it and decide I'm going to come back more often, can I upgrade to a weekend pass by just paying the difference or would I have to pay full price for the weekend pass?

TIA 

9 minutes ago, donthaveacoolname said:

I've never got around to visiting lost horizons but it's on my list of things to get to, do you lovely people know if I decide to pay for a one time visit and while there really love it and decide I'm going to come back more often, can I upgrade to a weekend pass by just paying the difference or would I have to pay full price for the weekend pass?

TIA 

I don’t know the official answer but I’d be very surprised if they didn’t let you upgrade by paying the difference. They let us in for a quick look around before we committed to paying last time, they’re pretty laid back. 

2 minutes ago, Skelts said:

I don’t know the official answer but I’d be very surprised if they didn’t let you upgrade by paying the difference. They let us in for a quick look around before we committed to paying last time, they’re pretty laid back. 

Thanks, That's what I was thinking but thought best to ask...

54 minutes ago, donthaveacoolname said:

Thanks, That's what I was thinking but thought best to ask...

They're incredibly chilled and relaxed people running it. I would be astonished if they didn't let you do this - after all, they're not flush with funds, so they're unlikely to turn down your cash!

Ben

2 hours ago, donthaveacoolname said:

TIA 

I did exactly this in 2019.  In fact I think I negotiated slightly less than the difference to upgrade, although I only went back a couple of times for a shower when it was scorchio and the showers elsewhere had been turned off.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mark_87 said:

Would someone be so kind as to mark on the map where it is usually located? (roughly)

they are normally located in the tipi field, if you're heading from the stone circle towards the Park, it'll be on your left as you walk past the tipis.