Kidz Field out of nowhere

zeppelin

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

I’ve done 3 with my eldest 2 - now 21 & 19. I can’t do the math(s), but that included 07, 09 & 10, I think? So a broad cross section of weather. 

A couple with the other 2. 

And this will be #5’s first. But just for the Sunday. And she’s tough as old boots despite being 3 (but beautifully wonderfully a Power Rangering MyLittlePonying, (Lego)BatmanBatGirling, RockStarDinosaurPiratePrincess).

As I mentioned in another thread: picking her up on the shuttle bus at B&W Showground at 9am on Sunday morning. 

Cannot. Fucking. Wait.

Man. Kids in 07 AND 10. A song of Ice & Fire.

Just now, gigpusher said:

I'd rather see him do the magic though. His TV series was amazing other than camera trickery you wonder how some of it was done. 

The way I see it, we can pretty much find out online how he does most of it. But why bother? It’s still an art form / intensely learned skill, esp. close up magic. 

Plus:

As adults we get to bugger off and have all sorts of (very different) magical experiences - esp. music wise, without our kids...

...let the kids have theirs! 

It’s just an early (earlier) version of us as teenagers ‘getting’ the music we loved as kids and our parents not having a scooby, and us revelling in it! Glastonbury/the Kidz Field affords them that from toddlers to pre-school to new schoolers.

I can only imagine how dumbfounded and exhilarated they must be seeing his tricks. 

Let ‘em gloat!

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

The way I see it, we can pretty much find out online how he does most of it. But why bother? It’s still an art form / intensely learned skill, esp. close up magic. 

Plus:

As adults we get to bugger off and have all sorts of (very different) magical experiences - esp. music wise, without our kids...

...let the kids have theirs! 

It’s just an early (earlier) version of us as teenagers ‘getting’ the music we loved as kids and our parents not having a scooby, and us revelling in it! Glastonbury/the Kidz Field affords them that from toddlers to pre-school to new schoolers.

I can only imagine how dumbfounded and exhilarated they must be seeing his tricks. 

Let ‘em gloat!

I don't have kids so thankfully don't have to listen to them gloat but am glad they get to see some amazing things that they can go back to school and gloat to their friends about. I just wish he did a slot in the theatre and circus fields as well. 

6 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Man. Kids in 07 AND 10. A song of Ice & Fire.

Dude, I cant say it really bothered us. They just ‘got the fuck on with it’. 

I had to stop (one of those bend down to their height, pointy bollockings) Boy Wonder booting soupy Other Stage mud about that coulda splashed people mind: silly little git. 

2010. The Year of Leaving Tent With Gallons of Water, 2 Golf Umbrellas, So Much Sunscreen & “WHERE’S YOUR SUNHAT GONE NOW?”

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I don't have kids so thankfully don't have to listen to them gloat but am glad they get to see some amazing things that they can go back to school and gloat to their friends about. I just wish he did a slot in the theatre and circus fields as well. 

‘Gloat’ was totally the wrong word. Ugh. Umm...

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Yes we think its the perfect age for the pair of them in the Kidsfield. If its wet, we'll just spend the weekend in the Kidsfield proper. I'll do shuttles for food and we'll get through it.

2016 was nigh on impossible. I don't think I set foot on the railway line never mind ventured past. Spent most of it sheltering under stuff. We were in Wicket also which was a 'mare.

If it’s wet I’d do circus rather than kidzfield. 

On 4/26/2019 at 2:38 PM, Wooderson said:

Yes we think its the perfect age for the pair of them in the Kidsfield. If its wet, we'll just spend the weekend in the Kidsfield proper. I'll do shuttles for food and we'll get through it.

2016 was nigh on impossible. I don't think I set foot on the railway line never mind ventured past. Spent most of it sheltering under stuff. We were in Wicket also which was a 'mare.

Ate ‘16 was hard going for those without the nippers. But that isn’t going to happen again! (Crosses fingers)

Edited by MEGABOWL