Jump to content
Spacey

pop up taking over page

Recommended Posts

when I try to look at line ups and rumours I get a pop up from EE telling me I’ve won something and it takes over the page and I can’t get back to e festivals site. I have to close it down to get rid of it.  Don’t think it’s one of the proper ads as it stops me doing anything. 

This has happened quite a lot in the last few days. Is it affecting anyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a gold membership so I don't normally see ads, but that happened to me once recently on a friend's computer.  There was an X in the corner to close it.  Can you not see that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No x. Just says close in the corner of pop up.  When I try to close it it goes to EE website

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oof.  Annoying. Must be somewhere to close it. Are you zoomed in on the browser window at all? 

Sorry I'm not much help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neil has asked in the past that you @eFestivals him or message so he gets notified and can deal with it quicker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Neil has asked in the past that you @eFestivals him or message so he gets notified and can deal with it quicker. 

I tried sending him a message but it said I can’t message @eFestivals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spacey said:

I tried sending him a message but it said I can’t message @eFestivals

As HMV said above, Neil will pick this up probably first thing tomorrow and help you out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spacey said:

I tried sending him a message but it said I can’t message @eFestivals

Inbox full from all the tip offs. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've reported this to the ad-house, and it'll hopefully get dealt with as soon as the office opens this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I've reported this to the ad-house, and it'll hopefully get dealt with as soon as the office opens this morning.

It’s still happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Spacey said:

It’s still happening

thanks. I've just given them another kick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the ad house is having problems tracking this down - so could anyone who is affected please provide the following details? Thanks.

operating system (android / windows / etc)?

web browser (Firefox, Edge, IE, Chrome, Safari, etc)?

connection type (mobile data or wifi)?

were you being affected by the bad ad on forum pages, the rest of the site, or on both parts of the website?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eFestivals said:

the ad house is having problems tracking this down - so could anyone who is affected please provide the following details? Thanks.

operating system (android / windows / etc)?

web browser (Firefox, Edge, IE, Chrome, Safari, etc)?

connection type (mobile data or wifi)?

were you being affected by the bad ad on forum pages, the rest of the site, or on both parts of the website?

 

I’ve been getting it too, on iOS, chrome and mobile data 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2019 at 9:01 AM, Spacey said:

when I try to look at line ups and rumours I get a pop up from EE telling me I’ve won something and it takes over the page and I can’t get back to e festivals site. I have to close it down to get rid of it.  Don’t think it’s one of the proper ads as it stops me doing anything. 

This has happened quite a lot in the last few days. Is it affecting anyone else?

A very long shot but just in case...

I had the same thing last week, not on the eFestivals site, but on Autotrader (cars gone bang :(). I would get a regular full page popup for BT saying I had won,   had no 'X' to close and redirected me to another site and closing it down was the only option to get rid of it.

After a bit of looking around I found a lot of extra gubbins in the URL which shouldn't have been there. I cleared the browser cache entries for Autotrader and made sure I manually typed in the correct site URL for the first visit and the problem was gone.

Like I say, its a long shot but might be worth checking in case. 

Edit: This was on an ipad running ios 11 and chrome.

Edited by DarrenVonBoathook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2019 at 10:36 AM, eFestivals said:

the ad house is having problems tracking this down - so could anyone who is affected please provide the following details? Thanks.

operating system (android / windows / etc)?

web browser (Firefox, Edge, IE, Chrome, Safari, etc)?

connection type (mobile data or wifi)?

were you being affected by the bad ad on forum pages, the rest of the site, or on both parts of the website?

 

Sorry for delay in answering, not been on site much. I am on an apple iPad on Safari on Wi-fi. Affected on forum and line ups and rumours. Haven’t really looked at other areas.  Thought it had stopped but just happened again but with a Google advert instead of EE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks. I've just told them to remove all ads by the end of the day if it's not located and stopped.

I'm getting really pissed off with it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Forum's near enough inaccessible for me today. Just about beating the pop ups to make this comment -.-

Me too. Impossible to spend longer than 1 second on any page before I'm redirected to a spam website. Had to log in on my work PC to post this.

Android - chrome - wifi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hopefully the issue should be stopped (for the moment).

Please let me know if you're still suffering problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

hopefully the issue should be stopped (for the moment).

Please let me know if you're still suffering problems.

Yep, seems to be fixed for me. Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...