TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

19 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

It was posted at 08:04pm and she used the phrase "I just won......" so I would say that she has only heard this evening. There is still hope for you guys!! 

Padgey’s friend was phoned at about 3ish. Maybe they’re taking their time contacting people. Do we know for definite that all 12 have gone?

1 minute ago, Drewy80 said:

Hello. I've not been on this forum for 3 years.. I was an avid follower of the cCompetition pages and happy to say I was a Guardian winner (cried my eyes out on the bus when I got the call). Here now to ask if anyone knows of many flash sales? Apologies if this has been discussed at length previously.. 

Did you win the guardian competition today? What time do you get the call?

Edited by CP_8

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I really don't know. However, one would have thought that if they failed to contact you by a phone call, then text, then they would try an email, and leave a message on the last communication stating that if the person didn't respond within 24 hours then they'd move on to the next person. Surely with a national paper they are not going to just say 'fuck it, I need to get this over and done with, so will move on to the next person'. I mean, there's actually an ocean of time between now and the festival start date, if you were administering such a competition. Maybe you're right. I really haven't a clue, but would have hoped they'd be a little bit sporting about getting in touch.

I'm not rejecting anything completely that gives me hope, just feeling pretty downbeat...

24 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Where did you see this? Can't see it being the case, as how would you know you've won to claim it if they didn't contact you? 

EE T and C's:

7. If the Promoter cannot contact a winner after 3 attempts, an alternative winner will be randomly 
selected. The Promoter will not leave a message when it attempts to contact potential winners

This is from The Guardians T&Cs

F61244E7-BE78-4F76-B7A4-B06307465C9C.jpeg

Just now, Ozanne said:

This is from The Guardians T&Cs

F61244E7-BE78-4F76-B7A4-B06307465C9C.jpeg

Fair play! Everyone will have been notified  by now I'd say. Strange that people say they were called and not emailed or texted like the above says. You reckon they're bullshitting? Stranger things have happened...

Who knows, I’d hope people wouldn’t lie about this. The only hope is that they haven’t notified everyone yet and are doing some tomorrow. We’ve seen 2 people win those tickets so far from what they’ve said. 

Edited by Ozanne

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Who knows, I’d hope people wouldn’t lie about this. The only hope is that they haven’t notified everyone yet and are doing some tomorrow. We’ve seen 2 people win those tickets so far from what they’ve said. 

I'll cling to that straw...

So gutted for you all. Been reading this thread and was totally convinced that there would be a few winners on here with all the dedication.

I have two mobiles both with EE sims and happy to enter on behalf of someone on here. Yes massive clutching at straws but ye never know. 

6 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

So gutted for you all. Been reading this thread and was totally convinced that there would be a few winners on here with all the dedication.

I have two mobiles both with EE sims and happy to enter on behalf of someone on here. Yes massive clutching at straws but ye never know. 

Yes please!

5 hours ago, Delli16 said:

I’m @Padgey friend who won tickets in the Guardian competition! To say I’m happy is an understatement! I was surprised they phoned too as they said they would email or send a text! The phone number started 02033

37 minutes ago, Drewy80 said:

No sorry 3 years ago.. It was approx 4pm when I received the call and it was a London 0208 number

Weird it's from 2 different numbers

7 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I'd say yes to this generous offer too, but I don't think the tix were transferable were they?

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yes please!

2 minutes ago, Levitz said:

I'd say yes to this generous offer too, but I don't think the tix were transferable were they?

I can enter. I believe they are transferable or I'll put one of your names on entry. If by some madness I/we won would you share the two together? 

Or do I have to choose one of you for two? I'll enter when I get home. Just driving back from Manchester. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yes please!

I can also do this. Didn't think about it until @H.M.V just suggested it. Will do it for you as I failed in the resale for ya!

EDIT: I assume I enter with my details, and then the tickets are transferable?

DOUBLE EDIT: Checked the T&C's....it says non-transferable......? Can just give it a go anyway. At the very least I'd win one ticket I guess

Edited by Sasperella
  • Upvote 2

Just now, H.M.V said:

I can enter. I believe they are transferable or I'll put one of your names on entry. If by some madness I/we won would you share the two together? 

Or do I have to choose one of you for two? I'll enter when I get home. Just driving back from Manchester. 

I need a pair of tix, so think you'd need to choose, if I understand the question ?

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I’d happily share but understand if that doesn’t work. If you have 2 sims and phones you could enter one on each?

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I can also do this. Didn't think about it until @H.M.V just suggested it. Will do it for you as I failed in the resale for ya!

That would be great, thank you! Yeah I think that’s how it works. If it’s like the Coop one you can then give the prize to someone. 

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

4 minutes ago, Levitz said:

I need a pair of tix, so think you'd need to choose, if I understand the question ?

So in the spirit of fairness, if i enter for @Ozanne and Sass enters for you? As ozanne pinged me first? Is that ok? 

Just now, Ozanne said:

I’d happily share but understand if that doesn’t work. If you have 2 sims and phones you could enter one on each?

That would be great, thank you! Yeah I think that’s how it works. If it’s like the Coop one you can then give the prize to someone. 

Aaah ok cool....may as well give it a shot. But as I told you on resale day, I'm not very lucky! First time for everything!

Just now, Sasperella said:

Aaah ok cool....may as well give it a shot. But as I told you on resale day, I'm not very lucky! First time for everything!

Neither am I but spirit of Glastonbury. All who wish to go will go.