shoegaze

Mash011

3 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

I love you yog old son but in the interest of being completely correct which seems to be a thing at the moment I have to correct your statement just a little. 

You can't, as you said look anywhere apart from the face in menacing manner but you should also not look in any manner nowadays especially a dribbling manner at. 

Lady's boobs.. Guiltily 

Lady's legs.. Guiltily 

Lady's ankles... My mates favourite 

Lady's hair.. My favourite 

Lady's.. Lovely lady's cos they are lovely just don't stare 

And what ever you do do not touch any knees.. Obviously 

.... In the interest of fairness if your are a lady just swap the analogy around the same goes for the lbgtxyz community 

Nowadays yog it can upset almost anyone if you were to do almost anything.. As far as shoe gazing goes well that's just ridiculous unless you had something stupid on your feet. 

Also how can one tell you are shoe gazing.. You may be secretly leg staring... Who can tell.... 

Hello guy,

I'm more than happy to be corrected, however I did build in a caveat to cover all eventualities, when I wrote ' kind of thing etc' . Well, that's what I meant to express. I guess I failed. 

I know a lad who had (and maybe still has) a master / servant thing going on with another bloke. Anyway, he told me that he said to this other bloke that he was going to have an afternoon nap, and that he wanted this other bloke to stare at his feet throughout the duration of his nap. So, he lies down, the bloke starts staring at this lads feet. He eventually wakes up some time later, and there's the bloke still staring at his feet.

I couldn't get my head around the whole idea of it, but said during our discussion that he must be master then. The lad turned to me and said something along the lines of 'No, you don't get it. Can't you see that the bloke staring at my feet has all the power'. And he was right - I didn't get it. Not one little bit.

36 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

I deleted the posts with the FB screenshot, as I'd had a request to because he (understandably) doesn't want his face shown. Please be considerate with other users' private information if you have contact with them off this site.

Cheers. I tried to edit it once he asked me to but it was too late because non-gold members can't edit posts after 15 mins or something now.

Should have just reported me to the RNP instead.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Cheers. I tried to edit it once he asked me to but it was too late because non-gold members can't edit posts after 15 mins or something now.

Should have just reported me to the RNP instead.

No prob.

You could always get a gold membership and support the site ? 

I think Shoegaze was just a poor attempt by the music weeklies to label a load of bands and stick them all together, in an attempt to create another scene after Madchester. It's was the UKs so called answer to grunge. The NME tried to make it sound all hip, arty and intellectual. Yet it was entirely fabricated. Ride were nothing new, they sounded like Echo and the Bunnymen to me. There was nothing new to it. Yes, My Bloody Valentine were a bit abstract, but again it was nothing new.

There was some bloody good music released by the likes of Ride and Slowdive. The music press ruined them by trying to sling them all together and label them. Then they dropped them all together, once the next wave of UK artists emerged (Britpop).

Shame really as some of the bands don't get the respect they deserve. I have always loved Ride as well, quality band.

7 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I think Shoegaze was just a poor attempt by the music weeklies to label a load of bands and stick them all together, in an attempt to create another scene after Madchester. It's was the UKs so called answer to grunge. The NME tried to make it sound all hip, arty and intellectual. Yet it was entirely fabricated. Ride were nothing new, they sounded like Echo and the Bunnymen to me. There was nothing new to it. Yes, My Bloody Valentine were a bit abstract, but again it was nothing new.

There was some bloody good music released by the likes of Ride and Slowdive. The music press ruined them by trying to sling them all together and label them. Then they dropped them all together, once the next wave of UK artists emerged (Britpop).

Shame really as some of the bands don't get the respect they deserve. I have always loved Ride as well, quality band.

thoughts on lady's boobs? 

1 hour ago, The Placid Casual said:

Worst thread ever in my opinion.

Mash is on a wind up, I'd just delete the thread and ban the poster personally.

I'm just waiting for someone to come in here and make a coherent argument in favour of shoegaze. This is a debate thread, I didn't ask for all the lady's boobs talk.