How much crazier can it get!

The other Bellboy

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

We seem to be talking about who people need both a CV ticket and a festival ticket to go to the festival, so I don't really see any difference. Someone has a festival ticket and not a CV ticket, someone else has a CV ticket and not a festival ticket. You are saying the people in the first group should have priority because... the festival tickets were sold first?

That I would agree with. But something interesting happens if you do that. It means that when the resale happens, only people buying new tickets can then have a shot at a campervan ticket. There's no fretting on either side, as people who need a campervan also won't have the option of getting a entry ticket in October then trying in the resale for campervans either. That would be a fair system. But that's not the current system. And you are criticising people who bought campervan tickets now, while saying it's fine for those without campervan tickets who want one to wait until the resale and try then. But in your system, they would not be able to. Yet you're not saying they should be requesting a refund on their deposit and giving up? Again, you're going after the one side but not the other.

Yeah, better for you. For people without tickets, better you don't go and put your ticket back in the pot. Again, getting a ticket in the main sale doesn't make you special or in any way more deserving of going to glastonbury (and going the way you want to go, CV or otherwise) than getting a ticket in the resale.

Better for me how? I have both tickets, I'm just seeing it from the point of view of those who might need to make a decision on something now and have something in place.

If a person doesn't hold a GA ticket then having a cv ticket is useless. However if you have a GA ticket and CV then it can be used.

Not hard to get your head round really. Not anything about being special....just common sense to me. Why shouldn't someone with a GA ticket have peace of mind they can camp/glamp/caravan/WV if they want to? Do people buy up the more expensive glamping options on the off chance they're lucky in the sale?

If a person doesn't go for whatever reason then both tickets go back in the pot for someone else in the resale. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Yes. I have no interest in a campervan ticket either.

Did you get a general ticket and fail to get a campervan?

3 hours ago, glastolover19 said:

Serious question mate,did you get a general ticket?

Seriously, can you two please work shit out and come to the Ridge and Furrow and share a drink. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Yes. I have no interest in a campervan ticket either.

Did you get a general ticket and fail to get a campervan?

I got my general ticket and then my tipi,thank my lucky stars. Tbh cv has never really appealed to me,I did it long time ago but tbh and I know it sounds strange but I also no a lot of people get what I mean but I quite like camping in a tent,I suppose it's because I only do that once a year whereas a cv is a mini hotel.

The reason I asked was just to get a understanding of your pov

10 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

It's all just good high-spirited debate from my point of view and I'm sure glastolover19's too. No animosity!

No animosity at all on my side fella,just because we don't agree on something doesn't mean that we hate each other. I imagine face2face we could still have this conversation and a bloody good laugh at the same time. As I've said to other folks I've debated with,I'd still buy you a drink. We all have different pov and I think by discussing them with the "opposition" you learn and develope.

Anyways fella I shall see you in June and feel free to tap me up for that drink

Not getting a CV ticket again this year is a real bummer - as a sciatica sufferer having a dry, warm, flat surface to sleep on makes all the difference. As does only having to carry a day's supplies of beer around in a rucksack. 

Having been bitten by the Glasto bug in 2010 I wouldn't even consider cancelling my ticket (although the wife has mentioned that she might) and I'll tent it in general pop. It just means it'll cost me more as I'll buy more beer as I won't be able to carry it. I'll also have to take Oxycontin with me (its prescribed before you ask) in case I have a flare-up. and if its a wet one I could be very badly broken by Sunday which will make the drive home more miserable than usual. 

34 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

Not getting a CV ticket again this year is a real bummer - as a sciatica sufferer having a dry, warm, flat surface to sleep on makes all the difference. As does only having to carry a day's supplies of beer around in a rucksack. 

There will be quite a few in the resale, there have to be simply due to the quantity purchased for folks who don't yet have festival tickets, plus an amount due to regular cancellations. 

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

There will be quite a few in the resale, there have to be simply due to the quantity purchased for folks who don't yet have festival tickets, plus an amount due to regular cancellations. 

problem is - by resale date all the decent/cheap CV rentals will have gone so you end up paying through the nose or having to camp anyway.

Fortunately I have a knackered old VW T2 BAY and now have 6 months to get it working until the resale. So just need the motivation to do it (which getting a CV in main sale would have done).

6 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

problem is - by resale date all the decent/cheap CV rentals will have gone so you end up paying through the nose or having to camp anyway.

I think this is a key issue to be honest, there's no point picking up a CV ticket in April/May if you can't get hold of a van by that point.

Without wishing to sound harsh, if you didn't get a ticket in last month's sale then as it stands you're not going, and if you're not going then you shouldn't be buying CV passes at the expense of people who are.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think this is a key issue to be honest, there's no point picking up a CV ticket in April/May if you can't get hold of a van by that point.

Without wishing to sound harsh, if you didn't get a ticket in last month's sale then as it stands you're not going, and if you're not going then you shouldn't be buying CV passes at the expense of people who are.

I was under the impression they had a GA but missed out on CV tickets? I could be wrong. 

6 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I was under the impression they had a GA but missed out on CV tickets? I could be wrong. 

My reading was that there are folk who have managed to get CV tickets but didn't already have GA tickets.

Although it wouldn't be the first time I've waded into an argument without actually checking what has been said.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My reading was that there are folk who have managed to get CV tickets but didn't already have GA tickets.

Although it wouldn't be the first time I've waded into an argument without actually checking what has been said.

You would be correct. There are several people who have cv tickets and don't have GA. 

I'd hate to be in that situation of having ga and no cv cos it would mean months of considering if i could actually go to Glastonbury and do regular camping again. I just don't think i could manage it again. Especially if it was 2016 conditions. Thankfully have both. 

2 hours ago, Penrhos said:

Fortunately I have a knackered old VW T2 BAY and now have 6 months to get it working until the resale. So just need the motivation to do it (which getting a CV in main sale would have done).

You could guarantee a place by going third party. 

After quick search this came up, depends on the definition of walking  
distance.

http://www.ashcombefarmcaravanandcamping.co.uk/caravan-and-camping

And this one is very near gate D - https://ashcombepark.com/