Jump to content
McCor

Resale Club 2019

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, prestonmike said:

If it doesn't happen today, then i doubt it'll happen at all, all down to the luck of the draw in the competitions now

totally agree, think its now in the hands of luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

has anybody entered the Guardian competition for themselves but doesn't have a plus one?

I'm looking to buddy up with somebody to share the spoils if we are fortunate enough. I'm the only person not with a ticket in my group so the spare could be used to double our chances? I'd rather somebody as desperate as i am go, rather than scratch around to take a friend on a freebie 

I've entered everyday apart from today (yet) so i'd want somebody who is also as committed to share a potential prize with - its only fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Extremely quiet. Do we think most given up?

Think so,  guess only a few went back in and these were sold to staff or sponsors 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Extremely quiet. Do we think most given up?

Work.......I've not given up got my 13th Guardian and entry today......

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also trying to up my karma quotient by trying to help fellow Liverpool supporters who don't have accommodation get cheapish places in Madrid. Skills learned from Glasto and efests have come in handy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been emailed some Glasto ‘deals’ of which one is a yurt just outside GateC with a standard entrance ticket.

The drawback is the fact it’s a shade over 2k. 

So... if i go for it I’ll have to keep the cost quiet from my rather wonderful wife and I’d also run the risk of taking a huge bollocking at work for taking too much holiday.

So on the back of this I could lose my job and if my wife found out the true cost she’d probably divorce me.

Hhmmm. Tempted 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, andyb66 said:

Just been emailed some Glasto ‘deals’ of which one is a yurt just outside GateC with a standard entrance ticket.

The drawback is the fact it’s a shade over 2k. 

So... if i go for it I’ll have to keep the cost quiet from my rather wonderful wife and I’d also run the risk of taking a huge bollocking at work for taking too much holiday.

So on the back of this I could lose my job and if my wife found out the true cost she’d probably divorce me.

Hhmmm. Tempted 😁

£2k each? 😬 Do you have to share the yurt for that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Levitz said:

£2k each? 😬 Do you have to share the yurt for that? 

It’s sold as a 2 person package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Just been emailed some Glasto ‘deals’ of which one is a yurt just outside GateC with a standard entrance ticket.

The drawback is the fact it’s a shade over 2k. 

So... if i go for it I’ll have to keep the cost quiet from my rather wonderful wife and I’d also run the risk of taking a huge bollocking at work for taking too much holiday.

So on the back of this I could lose my job and if my wife found out the true cost she’d probably divorce me.

Hhmmm. Tempted 😁

Could I have the details ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

It’s sold as a 2 person package.

£1k each sounds almost reasonable........it must be the fear....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CP_8 said:

has anybody entered the Guardian competition for themselves but doesn't have a plus one?

I'm looking to buddy up with somebody to share the spoils if we are fortunate enough. I'm the only person not with a ticket in my group so the spare could be used to double our chances? I'd rather somebody as desperate as i am go, rather than scratch around to take a friend on a freebie 

I've entered everyday apart from today (yet) so i'd want somebody who is also as committed to share a potential prize with - its only fair.

I’d be up for this! I missed a couple of days at the start, but I’ve also been entering the guardian comp every day. I’ve got a friend who said she’d come if I couldn’t find anyone else but no 100% committed plus 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Levitz said:

£1k each sounds almost reasonable........it must be the fear....

2k each. Plus vat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the basis the other offer was back stage access all areas pass with camping for 3250 it sounds a bargain... of sorts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, andyb66 said:

2k each. Plus vat

I love Glastonbury to bits but can't imagine spending 2 grand on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, andyb66 said:

2k each. Plus vat

before haggling.....they will get desperate nearer to the festival....hold your nerve! you can do this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, loveisanumber said:

I’d be up for this! I missed a couple of days at the start, but I’ve also been entering the guardian comp every day. I’ve got a friend who said she’d come if I couldn’t find anyone else but no 100% committed plus 1

I'm happy with that! We'll sort the logistics if (WHEN) we win.

Good luck!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a few pings over lunch but all quiet now. Like a dodo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lycra said:

Had a few pings over lunch but all quiet now. Like a dodo!

Does that mean anything or in reality nothing at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Secret resales.....a thing of the past? Consigned to history?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Secret resales.....a thing of the past? Consigned to history?

I'm afraid that I think we're done for this year and given the trend, I don't think it looks too great for future secret resales :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that Glastonbury has such high demand that resales are only needed once a year and other festivals struggle to sell out the day before. That really is something - I wonder if there's a thread somewhere that discusses what Glastonbury does so right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Levitz said:

Work.......I've not given up got my 13th Guardian and entry today......

I’m still going with The Guardian too, got one every day. 

Edited by Ozanne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...