qrdk

2019 Predictions

I keep wondering about possibly David Byrne and/or Jarvis Cocker. Or would Jarvis be big enough to headline? 

Also, agreed on assuming/hoping Courtney Barnett and/or Sleater Kinney could be headlining.

6 hours ago, RedRockRick said:

Raconteurs - Bloody hope not thrice!!!

Each to their own. I think they would be great. Probably won’t happen though.

After GM announcement, I am going to revise my guesses. Will be pleased if I get one out of four.

Courtney Barnett

Young Fathers

Ryan Adams

Spiritualized

outside bet - MBV (I say this every year)

undercard - eels, comet is coming, Jessica Pratt, Panda Bear, Mercury Rev, antlers, Jenny Lewis, 

Is Beth Gibbons doing shows this year?

....but what do I know!

Devastated that Stereolab and Broken Social Scene are playing Green Man. Special bands that I'd have LOVED at EOTR...

I can leave the rest of the line-up, bar Black Country New Road, Hen Ogledd and Avi Buffalo (although I reckon all three of them are possibilities for EOTR).

Father John Misty and Sharon Van Etten are total and utter snooze-fests. Not a fan of IDLES. Glad to have (probably) evaded those three.

Doubt I can make it this year due to other commitments but if two of Stereolab, Broken Social Scene or Lambchop play in high-billed slots I'll have to seriously reconsider my position..

I see Gomez are starting to get announced for a few festivals...I'd love them to make an appearance at EOTR (not sure if they've played before).

Saw Ben Ottewell the other month and he was fantastic.

Ben Ottewell played one year, but I can't see EOTR going down the "Britpop" (I use the term very loosely) nostalgia route. The legacy acts that tend to get booked (e.g. Posies, Teenage Fanclub, etc.) have a bit more cult appeal, rather than just being popular in the 90's

Final pre announcement prediction

Sleater Kinney, beck, mogwai headlining

Beth gibbins, lampchop, mercury rev garden stage

12 hours ago, WM Hall said:

Doubt I can make it this year due to other commitments but if two of Stereolab, Broken Social Scene or Lambchop play in high-billed slots I'll have to seriously reconsider my position..

Again, I really don't think anyone named in a high position in Green Man's announcement is going to play EOTR.

Not predictions but my wish list;

The Twilight Sad

Steve Mason

Bear’s Den

British Sea Power

Jarvis Cocker 

Spiritualized

Nadine Shah

Courtney Barnett

W H Lung

A few of these would make my day on Friday 🤞

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shoebox said:

Ben Ottewell played one year, but I can't see EOTR going down the "Britpop" (I use the term very loosely) nostalgia route. The legacy acts that tend to get booked (e.g. Posies, Teenage Fanclub, etc.) have a bit more cult appeal, rather than just being popular in the 90's

Agreed, but I'd still love to see them there :)

10 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I'd guess the image is hints for this year's poster theme, but the bits of text at the top... is that another name clue?

I would say that's a good bet...I hate how cryptic these things always seem, but how so obvious it becomes once you can see the whole thing.

10 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I'd guess the image is hints for this year's poster theme, but the bits of text at the top... is that another name clue?

I assume the text is a clue, yes. 

9 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

A holiday on the English Riviera... yeah, that works.

Yuck, hope not.

And from the first one announcing they will be sendign clues it looks like NOM, so yes Metronomy. Not phased by this, my wife likes their music but havign seen them at Glastonbury and Latitude I find them a bit boring live.