tombot

I'll go first.

Extreeeemely long shot but Jarvis Cocker has shown up for every Feist gig in the UK (since it was released) to perform Century... If he does the same next month he could well be in one of the slots.

Vampire Weekend seem to have been having a lot of fun on their tour so far, it mightn't be totally unrealistic for them to be in one of the slots.

Could one of them be Ezra Furman again?

3 hours ago, tombot said:

What's everyones thoughts on the suprise show slots?

Heard any rumours? Got any guesses, educated or otherwise? Share them here!

As per the stage times, the slots are as follows:

• Friday
    • 00:15 - 01:00
  • Saturday
    • 00:15 - 01:00
    • 01:30 - 02:15
  • Sunday
    • 23:15 - 00:00
    • 00:30 - 01:15
    • 01:45 - 02:30

As a newbie I would ask how you find out about who it is, do they get announced or is it just turn up and see?

Won’t be VW, they’re too big, need too much setting up.

yeah, Josh T Pearson is a good shout. Maybe Richard Dawson, hookworms, boy azooga, possibly Shame? Doubt it will be anybody bigger than that.

Ezra Furman did 3 sets last time he played, didn't he? (Garden/Piano/Tipi) Reckon we'll at least get another Piano stage set, and I'll be desperately checking my phone trying to find out if he does.

A late night Amyl and the Sniffers set would do it for me, too. Anyone know the full list from last year? I know Jens Lekman, TootArd and Alex Cameron did them.

14 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

As a newbie I would ask how you find out about who it is, do they get announced or is it just turn up and see?

in theory it's just turn up and see, but during the day artists that are playing will usually 'let slip' that they are doing a tipi set later. that gets around etc etc. rough trade shop usually in the know too.

one of my favourite surprises has to be assuming someone average would show up and then the felice brothers walk out on stage (the 'old' tipi tent, rather cosier, sweatier and vaaay vaaay draaank). whiskey in my whiskey.

2 hours ago, riverlodge said:

in theory it's just turn up and see, but during the day artists that are playing will usually 'let slip' that they are doing a tipi set later. that gets around etc etc. rough trade shop usually in the know too.

one of my favourite surprises has to be assuming someone average would show up and then the felice brothers walk out on stage (the 'old' tipi tent, rather cosier, sweatier and vaaay vaaay draaank). whiskey in my whiskey.

Well, the Felice Brothers did become something of a monster supergroup that night, as they were rather memorably joined onstage by Deertick, Phosphorescent and The Low Anthem. You'd probably also have to look at the The Low Anthem as a good bet for some extra sets over the weekend as befits their former unofficial status as the resident EOTR house band.

3 hours ago, robith said:

First timer so I don't know what's gone before, but being a huge fan of the band it sounds eminently like something Pat Stickles from Titus Andronicus would be all over

Yeah tbf I could definitely see him going for it and spending the whole set wondering through the crowd doing cover versions